JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on the HC.
If he called out Moyer if I were MM I would shut it down for the rest of the year.
The guy isn’t healthy.
He doesn’t owe this HC playing thru pain in a lost season.
Well he is getting his education paid for so he does have an obligation to play...IF HEALTHY enough

Have ZERO idea the situation here. My impression is that Moyer is a team first guy, but who knows. I’ve known plenty of clowns that self-promote as something they are not on social media. NOT saying/implying that’s Moyer at all, just saying none of us are part of the program so who really knows?

All the same, even if this were a case of Moyer/dad being wrong(and again...no idea if that’s the case)...absolutely zero reason to say it at a PC. Keep it in house, say the kid couldn’t go and keep it about the game.

I fear Jimmy is becoming that old guy with zero filter, only under a relentless public microscope. Great coach, but...jeez.

Just watched the PC. “I don’t play players who don’t want to play, we’ll see. Even at 60% he could have helped us”.

Just watched the PC. “I don’t play players who don’t want to play, we’ll see. Even at 60% he could have helped us”.
That part was fine...it was what followed that was the issue.

I still don't like it but I'd imagine watching Sidibe give it a go when he can with surgery looming doesn't bode well for anyone JB feels is dogging it on this depleted roster.

I've never been a D1 athlete but, to this day, I still regret playing on a sprained ankle in high school instead of just sitting a couple weeks and getting healthy. Ruined my whole senior season.

I don't fault Moyer for choosing to sit. JB shouldn't have called him out publicly like he did.

He is hurt.
We know he is hurt.
JB has no right to question it.

JB is 100% wrong here.
It’s not even close.
There's a difference between hurt and injured. He did play the last 2 games and looked fine. Maybe he hurt it again in practice.

Frak grabs his left wrist every time he falls, so he is obviously hurt. Should he sit as well?

I still don't like it but I'd imagine watching Sidibe give it a go when he can with surgery looming doesn't bode well for anyone JB feels is dogging it on this depleted roster.
Sidibe sat out at Louisville and JB didn’t say squat.
He isn’t playing every game

what's the actual quote with the next part?
Not exact, but something like "He was fine in practice yesterday. Today he told us he couldn't play. He said his ankle hurt. You can jump with two legs. His father came in and said he couldn't play and that he was at 60%. We would have taken 60%."

Is he hurt or injured? If he's hurt and playing won't make it worse, then he could decide to play through the pain. I don't know the nature of how bad the ankle really is and nobody on here does. I have to say that I'm really surprised that Moyer wouldn't want to play no matter what. This team is squarely on the bubble and every game is crucial. I doubt JB would call him out if he felt there was a chance that playing would risk Moyer's long-term health.

DVyFD-wV4AAde8M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors