JB celebration | Syracusefan.com

JB celebration

LAND_16_9

It's a nooner. Wonder if it will be switched to prime time.
Do we see a big drop off for Nooners for basketball like we do in football? I always remember huge weekend day crowds in the winter as a student but last few years are hard to judge.

I don’t come up for that many hoop games, I wouldn’t miss this one for the world. I have read all the crap that’s been sent at him the last years on this board but I will tell you I can’t think of anyone that’s done more for CNY in the past 5 decades then J.A.B. It will sell out fast and deservedly so !!

If they are ever going to have the court in the middle of the dome, to get 50,000+ that would be the day.
Regardless of the last 8 years, JB did more to get Syracuse University recognized then anyone else.
He put SU basketball on the map.

Yeah, uh - no.

Let’s celebrate nearly 50 years of JAB’s coaching by…

Putting the court in a format it’s never once been in,

That ensures that 100% of the fans in attendance have far worse seats and sight lines than they normally would, including hoity toity luminaries like CTO and other big shot donors/BOT/celebs.

Yeah, uh - no.

Let’s celebrate nearly 50 years of JAB’s coaching by…

Putting the court in a format it’s never once been in,

That ensures that 100% of the fans in attendance have far worse seats and sight lines than they normally would, including hoity toity luminaries like CTO and other big shot donors/BOT/celebs.
They can market it as a chance to set the permanent Dome b-ball attendance record, since the capacity will be lower next year once the chairs replace the benches.

* Im sure they can find a way to sell more partial/no view seats in the future if there’s ever a “need” to try to break the record again.

I dont understand what this is. A little ceremony stuck into an existing game? Seems like not enough for a 47 year career.

I truly believe that a standalone ticketed evening event, with 100% of proceeds going to the JB Foundation (minus the expenses of paying Dome staff) would have drawn at least 10K fans, probably more, TONS of former players and alums, and likely found its way onto a local TV affiliate.

It would have been a ONE time only event, never to be repeated for anyone else. Why boil him down to a glorified Senior Night?

I don't get this place sometimes.

I dont understand what this is. A little ceremony stuck into an existing game? Seems like not enough for a 47 year career.

I truly believe that a standalone ticketed evening event, with 100% of proceeds going to the JB Foundation (minus the expenses of paying Dome staff) would have drawn at least 10K fans, probably more, TONS of former players and alums, and likely found its way onto a local TV affiliate.

It would have been a ONE time only event, never to be repeated for anyone else. Why boil him down to a glorified Senior Night?

I don't get this place sometimes.
They should do this too. It’s a great idea. I get why they resort to the typical game idea because they want to sell tickets and have people see it. Not as many will do the one off event but I think you’re right a one time event like that could do really well and raise a lot of money.

They should do this too. It’s a great idea. I get why they resort to the typical game idea because they want to sell tickets and have people see it. Not as many will do the one off event but I think you’re right a one time event like that could do really well and raise a lot of money.

I just feel like sometimes the same ideas are just recycled. This is a highly unique situation that I believe warranted a highly unique celebration.

I'm sure it will be a great event though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom