JB has spoken | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB has spoken

This is where Calipari is way better at the PR game. Rather than talk about how misinformed he media is, he'd talk about how people are starting to come around and understand just how good his players are and what kind of NBA futures they have.

OttoinGrotto said:
This is where Calipari is way better at the PR game. Rather than talk about how misinformed he media is, he'd talk about how people are starting to come around and understand just how good his players are and what kind of NBA futures they have.
I think you're onto something here. Ha. Think that may be part of the reason why Kentucky recruits better than SU?

Last edited:
This^. Calipari somehow gets the one and done kids to believe that HE is getting them into the league when it is pretty likely their talent would get them in even if they played at Iona. I have to think that Richardson waiting until the combine to hire an agent means he received good feedback there unlike our Daniel Hamilton who got bad advice and should have stayed at least another year. Richardson can shoot, defend, and has almost a pro body already. Look at Justice Winslow. He is more athletic than Mali but had zero jump shot at all going into the NBA. I didn't personally think he could score enough to stick in the league and I'm still not sure. However, he made $2.4 million this year so I think he will be ok. I think Richardson is a better scorer than Winslow.
I don't think Jimmy likes that particular reporter. Good for him for telling them he's a moron. I disagree that the NBA teams have no idea who they are drafting. I would have to think they are at least putting together a board with their options on it. But, he would certainly know better than I.

JB has a finger on the NBA pulse but I think he's off on this one. Sour grapes?

The only people who were off are those on the board who underestimated his thirst for the nba

Chad Ford is to the NBA draft as Joe Lunardi is to the NCAA tournament.

Not quite. Lunardi only has like 4 tough choices to make. The nba draft is much more preditcable. However, both are glorified weathermen

Not quite. Lunardi only has like 4 tough choices to make. The nba draft is much more preditcable. However, both are glorified weathermen

Ford is actually worse. His only reason for existing is creating buzz. He has no interest in accuracy at all. He never takes into account the number of foreign players who are drafted because he is playing to the fan bases of college players in the draft.

These comments are pointless. Boeheim comes off sounding like a fan. He has done more for Syracuse basketball than us fans can thank him for but these comments don't help. I highly doubt Chad Ford is why Malachi Richardson is leaving.

He destroyed Ford last year over putting McCollough in his lottery before CMac's injury. JB clearly just wanted to get his thoughts on Ford in public. That doesn't do anything IMO.

Ford is actually worse. His only reason for existing is creating buzz. He has no interest in accuracy at all. He never takes into account the number of foreign players who are drafted because he is playing to the fan bases of college players in the draft.

I think he may intentionally plug cuse players because boeheim hates on him. Not sure ill throw shade on ford because that convo has been had on here.

"Pro teams have not even had a thought about who they're going to draft."

I love JB...and yes hof'er...yes I am not.

But I simply don't buy that GMs and people who get paid to scout players for a living haven't thought about whom the team paying their salaries should take in their upcoming draft.

Since the success or failure of this pick could, ya know, affect their job status.

Of course they have, they spend a lot of time on it, and will continue to, which makes this all the more absurd, that somehow a team has locked in to taking Malachi in the middle of May.

Of course they have, they spend a lot of time on it, and will continue to, which makes this all the more absurd, that somehow a team has locked in to taking Malachi in the middle of May.

Give it a rest

These comments are pointless. Boeheim comes off sounding like a fan. He has done more for Syracuse basketball than us fans can thank him for but these comments don't help. I highly doubt Chad Ford is why Malachi Richardson is leaving.

He destroyed Ford last year over putting McCollough in his lottery before CMac's injury. JB clearly just wanted to get his thoughts on Ford in public. That doesn't do anything IMO.

I have said this before, but JB at this point in his career is free to say what he thinks.

I think its great that somebody points out the sham and fraud that this is and that Chad Ford is. He's huckster. A seller of nothing.

So why the attention on Boeheim and not these media slime balls? Why worry about JB's motivation in just speaking the truth and give these frauds in the media a free pass?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom