JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

He can coach golf.
In the 80s when I went to SU, JB taught classes in the School of Education, one was a golf class and another one was something like "Principles of Coaching." I used to see them in the course catalog listed with the instructor "Boeheim."

JAB is not going to do it for them. If they don't want him back they should say it to his face. It's not about a paycheck for him.
Do we know that JB wasn't told, "either you announce your leaving or we will. " Heck, many here were saying that should be the way it should be done since JB wasn't volunteering to retire.

Great post across the board.

Regarding backing himself into a corner, yeah. Imagine being one of the best people ever to do what you do in front of a huge audience, slipping, and then without any pleasant transition or send-off having it all come to an end on a Wednesday afternoon with nobody paying attention. It's sad, I feel bad for the guy.

Maybe he wanted it that way. Maybe JW offered a pleasant transition to him and he said no.

Do we know that JB wasn't told, "either you announce your leaving or we will. " Heck, many here were saying that should be the way it should be done since JB wasn't volunteering to retire.
I think ultimately this is what happened. It’s a really bad look for JB. I don’t understand how anyone thinks this is the way it should have played out.

Jim wanted to stay didn't get his way and did what I would expect him to do. He pulled the same stunt when Hop was supposed to take over. He hated the fact that the Chancellor picked his exit date and circumvented it. It was a messy but not surprising ending.

Great Coach

Great mentor

Immature bitter employee/guy

Increasingly hard to paint him as this selfless slave to Syracuse University and the sport. But it no longer matters at all.

Hopefully he puts out a statement today helping the transition. Otherwise we’re Day 1 post Boeheim firing in my mind and its time to support Red

I'd have more respect for JB if he went full heel yesterday and recreated the I'm not leaving speech from Wolf of Wall Street.

He also wanted Gerry to replace him. So, there’s that dynamic as well. But he needs to support Red publicly.
Do we know why he likes Gerry over Red?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom