JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

What a complete joke and cluster this has turned into. Halftime of GT/Pitt on ESPN now making jokes about when I was a kid my parents told me to always say what you mean and mean what you say.

You reap what you sow. The university owns this as much as JB. :(:mad:
Not surprising. From top down that institution Is horribly mismanaged

This is confusing. Majority of this board wanted JB gone. Half said if not voluntary, then he needed to be fired. NOW people are upset on how this has worked out. As I'm confused. I thought that there would on line party!

This is confusing. Majority of this board wanted JB gone. Half said if not voluntary, then he needed to be fired. NOW people are upset on how this has worked out. As I'm confused. I thought that there would on line party!
Its not that confusing. We didn't want the bad feelings that are obvious between Jim and the University. We want Jim to be part of the program, not the head coach

Its not that confusing. We didn't want the bad feelings that are obvious between Jim and the University. We want Jim to be part of the program, not the head coach
Right. Freaking Buddy had to be good, lol.

2018 would’ve been the perfect time to bow out. Miracle tourney run to go out triumphant after Hop “left”….ok, you got us through that year and went out strong - now pass the baton.

Instead we basically punted on 5 years. 5 years!!!! Long freaking time.

Do we know how the players were informed? Did they know before the story broke? Did everyone fly back to Syracuse together? I'm concerned how all of this was handled for the players. They are the most important people in all of this...I'm getting a bad feeling that this all happened with no knowledge from the Syracuse.com story. They thought they were going back and having meetings with him to make their own future decisions.

I think it's clear. He wants to stop coaching but not retire from SU. He wants a new role to hang around.

I think Boeheim would be worth low seven figures a year as University ombudsman.

Not even joking.

Boeheim as essayist and conscience of the institution? I'd be all in on that.

Plus it's an order of magnitude less silly than two-thirds of the high-level administrative positions in the modern university.

Do we know how the players were informed? Did they know before the story broke? Did everyone fly back to Syracuse together? I'm concerned how all of this was handled for the players. They are the most important people in all of this...I'm getting a bad feeling that this all happened with no knowledge from the Syracuse.com story. They thought they were going back and having meetings with him to make their own future decisions.
I believe the co-pilot said... if you look outside to your left you can see the city of Ashville and if you look to you right in seat 4D you can see the new Head Coach of the Syracuse University Basketball program.

Last edited:
This is how you end it:

Trivia question…this movie was on tv on the same channel right before one of the biggest regular season wins in program history…

anyone?

This isn't about JAB getting a paycheck, it's about respect in one form or another, whether that's leaving on your own terms, or being given pomp and circumstance, or both...IMO, he wants the pomp and circumstance but is too proud to say so and backed himself into a corner saying that stuff wasn't important to him. Right, wrong, indifferent I think he may feel like he's earned the right to have his cake and eat it to. I can understand that feeling...again, right, wrong, indifferent he's entitled to it.

The man loves the game of basketball and he also literally built the modern version of the game at this university. This was and isn't ever going to be an easy separation. We've seen his quirks, he's human, just like you and me.

This is not some sort of massive embarrassment, John Thompson closing Manley was more embarrassing than this. Two probations is an embarrassment. This is just a guy having a hard time letting go of something he loves.

So, it's not happening in a nicely choreographed and scripted sequence, guess what, it's classic JAB. IMO, he'd be damned to let the post-game media be the first to have an announcement like this. He's never been a Yes man and it's naïve to think otherwise.

Great post across the board.

Regarding backing himself into a corner, yeah. Imagine being one of the best people ever to do what you do in front of a huge audience, slipping, and then without any pleasant transition or send-off having it all come to an end on a Wednesday afternoon with nobody paying attention. It's sad, I feel bad for the guy.

One odd part of this whole presser is that Red is not some new assistant coach that JB hardly knew. He has known him for thirty years and he was Associate Head Coach. Why not put your full support behind him if you know he's about to be named as your successor?

Instead he was coy and seemed to be angling for another position. When I retire, if my second hand person is my successor, I am pumping that person up as much as possible, because I want them to take what was built and expand it. And on a human level I would want what's best for that person.

One odd part of this whole presser is that Red is not some new assistant coach that JB hardly knew. He has known him for thirty years and he was Associate Head Coach. Why not put your full support behind him if you know he's about to be named as your successor?

Instead he was coy and seemed to be angling for another position. When I retire, if my second hand person is my successor, I am pumping that person up as much as possible, because I want them to take what was built and expand it. And on a human level I would want what's best for that person.
Yup!

Unless he’s got dementia or something, JB is getting the full side-eye from me if he doesn’t make this right soon.

Yep he only had one concern, himself. And that's disappointing.

If the head coach job is open,I would like to get an interview for the position.

Qualifications/Strengths:
I love Syracuse Basketball for close to 58 years.
I coached 14-17 year boys for 11 years in recreation association.
I am a student of the game.
I can teach both m2m and different zone defenses but emphasize M2M.
I recognize the different strengths of players and not afraid to instruct, praise or criticize where the time/place calls for it.
I retired after 40 years of computer and systems engineering.
I will work for expenses (food, lodging, travel, clothing and whatever other expenses Like the cost of charity events)
I do have a pretty wife who could handle the charity events but she would have to be paid.
I spent my younger years in Syracuse.

Disqualifications/Areas for Improvement:
I am in my 70s and lacking recruiting skills and no longer possessthe ability to “go out, drum up and recruit new players”
I participate in Syracusefan.com and no longer tolerate whiners.
I am not a long term or end all solution for the position; more of a place holder until a better solution is found.
Since I am in my 70s, I would not expect the University to give me a rainbow colored parachute but would expect the University them to pick up any funeral expenses if I were to die on the job.
I do not understand how the NIL concept works with recruits, parents, alumni and all others. So, I would need an informed NIL advisor.
I can no longer take the cold so heated clothing to include socks, gloves and underwear need to be provided.
Just a point of information; Jimmy, himself, is a whiner.

Because you’re a good leader. That’s what all the best people I’ve worked for have done for me. Jim’s not ready.

Because in JB's mind, Red is "not ready".

Because in JB's mind, Red is "not ready".
Of course he’s not. His name isn’t Jim Boeheim. How else could he possibly be ready? In his own mind, there’s no one better to be HC than him, even at his advanced age. And that’s the saddest part. He can’t even see what he’s done and how far he’s fallen.

He should get paid. The University has had him for the cheap for the past twenty five years. It’s very obvious that JB will not be coaching next year. He didn’t say he wanted to come back and he’s not been asked to come back.
The University also continued to employ him years beyond what they should have.
That unto itself can be considered a bonus for the discount contracts

Very disappointed in Wildhacks leadership on this. Make a decision get out in front of it, avoid the embarrassment. You know the individual you're dealing with, play some chess save the University some face and give the fan base, alumni, and other interested parties some direction. Such a failure. Solid muddy waters we've got. How can you handle this so poorly.
Not fair to put it all on JW considering he is dealing with a difficult coach who won’t do the right thing.

Yeah the more I think about it tonight, the more it pisses me off.

Because he's a narcissist. Said it in another post, JBs true colors showing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom