JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

You missed my point. Discuss away.

Fair enough.

I’m well aware there are people on the board who know things. But 99% of this thread is utter speculation, much of which is in bad faith to support a personal agenda and impose motivations and personal feelings onto someone. I just hate that, especially when it involves someone who has given so much to our mutual cause (Cuse).

Welcome To The Internet GIF

This is becoming an ESPN side show.
I guess this is what happens when you miss the tournament - need Syracuse story to keep going with or without on-court activity.
Why? Are you putting forth they need the ratings?

No one really cares about Syracuse Basketball outside of us these days.

People love a good trainwreck though and this is all of that, I don't think it matters that it is a Syracuse story, I think the appetite to watch trainwrecks are the driving factor. Doesnt matter where

I am sure the university has given him plenty of opportunity to decide on his own to retire after this season. Instead he just played chicken with an outcome that is already known.

Most of the media isn't falling for his playing victim here. Should make the AD decision easier swallowed.
I have little doubt that JW helped whip up this seemingly-spontaneous call by so many in the media for JB to retire. Especially given Wildhack's background.

I have no problem with it. But it does suggest that he felt that such nudging was necessary.

I have been saying they should just give it to him. Pay him for next year, if he makes a graceful and quick exit... now.

Nah - give him the length of rope...

He mistakenly believes he's the smartest guy in every room - always.

It will be his family and the people he trusts that will prevent him from hanging himself.

If his ego is just too big, there's no stopping it.

The time for kicking the can down the road is over.

Not for any story or circumstance like this.

Are any of them the AD, the Chancellor, Coach or his family, or on the Board of Trustees? Because that is the club who knows something. That’s it.

Not someone who knows a guy or works with a guy. Not someone who works in the office next to the office. Not a friend of a friend.
AND...still wrong

"You know, it’s a university. As I’ve said from day one when I started working here, the university hired me, and it’s their choice what they want to do. I always have the choice of retirement, but it’s their decision as to whether I coach or not. It always has been."

My guess: I don't want to retire, but it's up to the University if they want me to coach or work in some other capacity.
He didn’t say that to Thamel.

The ball has been in his court. It's his job. I know he needs to work with others to do so, but it's his job. He didn't do it, period.

JB has blown up one transition already after 2 probations. He is literally in the midst of doing another blow up right now.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

In actuality, this was a two step process.

Heard recently that JB approached JW about a short contract extension. This was [tone deaf as can be] during the late season losing streak. JW politely declined.

Step 2 was actually pulling the trigger.

I think JB clearly knew this was coming, but might not have been in favor of it -- hence, the remarks today. But long story short -- he got pushed out, well past when it was time. Left to his own devices, I don't believe that JB would have stepped aside.

Whether Boeheim stays or goes...it's wrong to treat him, fans and the university this way.
SU makes itself look like Chaos University.

At the very least the administration could have told him let's get together on it after the season.
So today he could have said we're going to talk things over
Which would hve been a reasonable and relatively classy position for everyone to take.
How do you know this didn't happen? It may have happened and JB just decided to make the first chess move.

Heard recently that JB approached JW about a short contract extension. This was [tone deaf as can be] during the late season losing streak. JW politely declined.

I think JB clearly knew this was coming, but might not have been in favor of it -- hence, the remarks today. But long story short -- he got pushed out, well past when it was time. Left to his own devices, I don't believe that JB would have stepped aside.
That's what Jake posted a few days ago

Has Autry ever coached a game before ?

In hindsight, this scenario was oh, so predictable. Just JB being the quintessential...JB.

Getting on a message board and complaining about speculation is like going to a strip club and complaining about nudity
Well, that depends on how nicely shaped the nudity is.

If the head coach job is open,I would like to get an interview for the position.

Qualifications/Strengths:
I love Syracuse Basketball for close to 58 years.
I coached 14-17 year boys for 11 years in recreation association.
I am a student of the game.
I can teach both m2m and different zone defenses but emphasize M2M.
I recognize the different strengths of players and not afraid to instruct, praise or criticize where the time/place calls for it.
I retired after 40 years of computer and systems engineering.
I will work for expenses (food, lodging, travel, clothing and whatever other expenses Like the cost of charity events)
I do have a pretty wife who could handle the charity events but she would have to be paid.
I spent my younger years in Syracuse.

Disqualifications/Areas for Improvement:
I am in my 70s and lacking recruiting skills and no longer possessthe ability to “go out, drum up and recruit new players”
I participate in Syracusefan.com and no longer tolerate whiners.
I am not a long term or end all solution for the position; more of a place holder until a better solution is found.
Since I am in my 70s, I would not expect the University to give me a rainbow colored parachute but would expect the University them to pick up any funeral expenses if I were to die on the job.
I do not understand how the NIL concept works with recruits, parents, alumni and all others. So, I would need an informed NIL advisor.
I can no longer take the cold so heated clothing to include socks, gloves and underwear need to be provided.

If the head coach job is open,I would like to get an interview for the position.

Qualifications/Strengths:
I love Syracuse Basketball for close to 58 years.
I coached 14-17 year boys for 11 years in recreation association.
I am a student of the game.
I can teach both m2m and different zone defenses but emphasize M2M.
I recognize the different strengths of players and not afraid to instruct, praise or criticize where the time/place calls for it.
I retired after 40 years of computer and systems engineering.
I will work for expenses (food, lodging, travel, clothing and whatever other expenses Like the cost of charity events)
I do have a pretty wife who could handle the charity events but she would have to be paid.
I spent my younger years in Syracuse.

Disqualifications/Areas for Improvement:
I am in my 70s and lacking recruiting skills and no longer possessthe ability to “go out, drum up and recruit new players”
I participate in Syracusefan.com and no longer tolerate whiners.
I am not a long term or end all solution for the position; more of a place holder until a better solution is found.
Since I am in my 70s, I would not expect the University to give me a rainbow colored parachute but would expect the University them to pick up any funeral expenses if I were to die on the job.
I do not understand how the NIL concept works with recruits, parents, alumni and all others. So, I would need an informed NIL advisor.
I can no longer take the cold so heated clothing to include socks, gloves and underwear need to be provided.
You’re hired

It’s ova

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom