JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

It’s selfish to want to stay at your job? Get real, dude
Yes. It is. When you being at that job is to the detriment of that employer, it is absolutely selfish. He has had MANY opportunities to step away gracefully and he's decided against that. I don't love JW but he's in a no-win situation that JB is making much much worse. Yes. Selfish.

Listen I'm just gunna say it, if those were retirement speeches Saturday, his sucked. I liked Gerry's retirement speech way better, Hak's was a distant third.

I think he just loves coaching basketball and doesn’t want to stop.

Everyone is treating this like some selfish, prideful thing. Why can’t it be that he just wants to coach basketball?

People are acting like he has to admit he can’t coach anymore like it’s some objective fact. They’re acting like confidence in your own abilities is a character flaw.
This 100%

Fire him on the tarmac tonight at Hancock and make press statement tonight. Don't allow him in front of a microphone as a rep of the University again.
Why would they have to fire him if this is the end of his contract?If it isn’t the end of his contract then why would he retire if he could get bought out.

This is Jim Boeheim, folks. Juli may have softened the edges a bit, but the 78 year old curmudgeon was a curmudgeon when I was at SU, and that was in the 1980s. This was never going to have a clean ending
ohhhh this is 100% him. He was ALWAYS nasty at Wayne Hills golf club when I would caddy or clean his clubs on the 18th hole. I laugh when people think this isn't him

Hes an employee, its not his choice. He acts like he is the owner and founder of SU. EVERYONE is replaceable
Everyone is replaceable, but some of us are less replaceable than others. Was this not the same board bitching and moaning about the university not bowing down to AW? It’s not apples to apples but it an example of someone who has something most others do not.

This isn't about JAB getting a paycheck, it's about respect in one form or another, whether that's leaving on your own terms, or being given pomp and circumstance, or both...IMO, he wants the pomp and circumstance but is too proud to say so and backed himself into a corner saying that stuff wasn't important to him. Right, wrong, indifferent I think he may feel like he's earned the right to have his cake and eat it to. I can understand that feeling...again, right, wrong, indifferent he's entitled to it.

The man loves the game of basketball and he also literally built the modern version of the game at this university. This was and isn't ever going to be an easy separation. We've seen his quirks, he's human, just like you and me.

This is not some sort of massive embarrassment, John Thompson closing Manley was more embarrassing than this. Two probations is an embarrassment. This is just a guy having a hard time letting go of something he loves.

So, it's not happening in a nicely choreographed and scripted sequence, guess what, it's classic JAB. IMO, he'd be damned to let the post-game media be the first to have an announcement like this. He's never been a Yes man and it's naïve to think otherwise.

BTW, besides this horrendous mess we now have, this is THE story now.

I mean this sincerely, JB's transition has been one of the top 3 things on JW's list since he took the job and now we're here. There has to be serious consideration as to how he can handle his role as AD or not.

100%. As others have mentioned, this is precisely what leaders that don't/can't actually lead, leads to. This is a total failure of JW's leadership credibility as well as the other stewards of the university. Shameful and embarrassing all across the board.

Well, that was interesting.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

So it's basically a bad break up.

This is the University's worst night nightmare and why they have been slow rolling move off of JB. I had heard there was major concern he would cause major problems if he felt he was forced out and that it could cause a big issue internally and with donors/media. Seems like were heading down that path. Not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom