JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

We played real well today, and were ever so close. We just ran into a hot shooting team. It happens. We can build off this.

I was just thinking as fans if we want Red to succeed here this will make it impossible or next to impossible. Whoever follows this mess will be fired in 2-3 years. We will not be able to hire a big name coach to fix it either because of this. Only option is really promote Red or GMac let them take the hit for the collapse of the program and hire in 3 years after the JB cloud is gone. Really really sad day for the program

This doesn’t affect the next coach. If he gets fired, it’s a story for a week. Then the next guy does his thing. Donors aren’t going to run away.

this is on the table.
56B73873-05E1-407C-AE05-C15DD7D4B4FE.gif

It’s not. This is the worst take possible if you care for the program. Good luck being Autry.
I do care for the program. I'm frustrated and tired of all this and honestly resent the university leadership for the handling of hop. I think he would have gone differently if he hadn't come to Seattle. That was our chance and they screwed it up. I love Red and I'm rooting for him

Whether Boeheim stays or goes...it's wrong to treat him, fans and the university this way.
SU makes itself look like Chaos University.

At the very least the administration could have told him let's get together on it after the season.
So today he could have said we're going to talk things over
Which would hve been a reasonable and relatively classy position for everyone to take.

I don’t think making him coach the ACCT as a lame duck is any better. Ideally the question is asked but the reporters have jobs. I think he tries to give a no comment but doesn’t.

I see no reason to announce the next hire any time soon let the job attract attention. JB is too old it’s time they can release some nice fluffy press statement tomorrow.

There is no way to attract a new coach if we give him a job in the AD so he is saying that stuff to force an internal hire which is stupid we need a change.

Such a strange way to get what he's inevitably going to get.

I think he relishes on being an underdog, being slighted...i guess this is the most on brand JAB retirement ever
My thoughts exactly. It's like he's being slighted by the university, although everyone knows that's not the case.
It's almost like he doesn't realize he's Jim Boeheim, HOF'er bball coach at Syracuse. The guy has a court named after him but still comes across as a "woe-is-me, whatever they wanna do, they'll do I guess" caricature.
And he leaves the onus on the admin to act, instead of gracefully bowing out to the inevitable. So odd

Last edited:
This doesn’t affect the next coach. If he gets fired, it’s a story for a week. Then the next guy does his thing. Donors aren’t going to run away.

lol Oh boy if you don't think the way this is handled will have an impact on the next coach and the support he gets then you are very naive.

I see no reason to announce the next hire any time soon let the job attract attention.

The portal opens in 5 days, and closes in 8 weeks. I don't think dragging your feet is the play here, unless, you know, your aspiration is to be Louisville.

We have ONE recruit.

I don’t think making him coach the ACCT as a lame duck is any better. Ideally the question is asked but the reporters have jobs. I think he tries to give a no comment but doesn’t.

I see no reason to announce the next hire any time soon let the job attract attention. JB is too old it’s time they can release some nice fluffy press statement tomorrow.

There is no way to attract a new coach if we give him a job in the AD so he is saying that stuff to force an internal hire which is stupid we need a change.
Portal opens Monday and we need talent badly. Assuming Red is the choice, announce it quickly for that reason alone

A lot of people here speculating with absolutely ZERO inside information. Stop letting your inner thoughts drive you down non-existent roads. Everyone just jamming random puzzle pieces together and making stuff up. Just give it a day or two. After that presser, it is going to be addressed.
I agree with you. I just heard the press conference. He was certainly playing with the reporters a little, but it seems like he knows what is going to happen. It was just not the right time or place to make it all known. He already made his retirement speech. Next Up will be some sort of press conference or press release were JW, JB, and Coach Autry will tell us about what our staff will look like in 2023-2024.

We'll all know in the next few days.

Again your assuming Wildhack has carte blanche on this, trust me he doesn't. This involves the entire University at the highest levels.
Fair, I believe you. Just sucks leadership can't get their crap together get on the same page / plan and address this given its weight. So assuming there's a big division then?

A lot of people here speculating with absolutely ZERO inside information. Stop letting your inner thoughts drive you down non-existent roads. Everyone just jamming random puzzle pieces together and making stuff up. Just give it a day or two. After that presser, it is going to be addressed.
There are people here that do have information and are dropping hints (or in some cases, outright saying it) if you pay close attention.

You want them to effectively fire the guy they've been bending over backwards to protect and appease?

What a bizarre take.
I want them to tell him to his face that it's time to move on and we appreciate everything you have done and can you help with fundraising and then have a press conference and announce it.

This isn’t getting talked about enough. I’m also pretty sure he hasn’t hired a single person that wasn’t in house out of the 7 new head coaches he has hired since being here. An alumna or assistant under the previous HC has gotten every job thus far..
Not true.

I know of no Syracuse connections for the new women’s volleyball coach, the women’s softball coach, women’s crew coach or the women’s soccer coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom