JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

No matter what happens going forward…this is the most bizzare exit - non exits of all time.
It's very disappointing. If Boeheim has been getting one-year extensions the last few seasons, then the University has just been kicking the can down the road hoping things would work their way out.

Mike Brey and Coach K announced in unison with the school DURING the year. And had a celebration on their last home game.

JB did not, despite his gaslighting, have a retirement speech after the last game.
ND did not announce “in unison” with Brey, they announced Brey was essentially fired THEN Brey had his press conference.

lol Oh boy if you don't think the way this is handled will have an impact on the next coach and the support he gets then you are very naive.

The entire fanbase is resigned to the fact that he’s either out now or next year. Nobody is clamoring for him to stick around multiple years at this point.

It’s not naive to say the next coach will get a fair shake. And money talks. Cuse has bags of cash; they can hire almost anybody they want.

I can't imagine the confusion for the staff of SU Hoops as well. I mean there's alot of people's lives in flux right now regardless of JAB's decision. I do think that JW has to address this by tomorrow for all parties regardless of the recruits/portals/etc.

Most people are reacting to the words that Jim Boeheim spoke all of a half hour ago.
And that’s fine for those who are wondering what his words meant etc.

But many are just making outright declarations about JB’s and others thoughts, motivations, feelings etc…. Hopkins left because blah blah blah. The AD feels blah blah blah. It’s obvious JB is trying to blah blah blah.

If one has questions, that’s cool. Ask, think, share an opinion etc. But don't presume to KNOW JBs (or others) intentions and motivations - it is just nonsense.

Hop left because he knew JB was going to fight to the death to keep him from taking over. It’s not about the administration.

He saw this type of maneuver from JB coming.
So in effect, this would make JB the bad guy and the university incompetent. Do I have this right?

JB clearly does not want to retire and wants to continue to coach. He intimated it's the university that wants to retire him. He played cat and mouse with the media in the presser being passive-aggressive. I'd rather he just announce he is retiring and go out with some dignity which he deserves. Instead he's basically whining that the university is making the decision (in effect firing him) and he's not happy about it. Very uncomfortable to watch. Should not have come to this. He should realize the results have not been good for several years and so its time to go.

So many Dave Meltzers on this board. Just reporting anything and everything as fact to push some sort of agenda. Even while I agree with lots of stuff here, it’s just speculation at this point.

“But wait, I know someone who knows someone who vacuums the ADs office and he said…”

Not me, Im Wade Keller

And that’s fine for those who are wondering what his words meant etc.

But many are just making outright declarations about JB’s and others thoughts, motivations, feelings etc…. Hopkins left because blah blah blah. The AD feels blah blah blah. It’s obvious JB is trying to blah blah blah.

If one has questions, that’s cool. Ask, think, share an opinion etc. But don't presume to KNOW JBs (or others) intentions and motivations - it is just nonsense.

Uh no, if you knew the posters and their track record you would know that what most are sharing is legitimate and based on information beyond their opinion. You may not like it but its certainly not nonsense. If you don't want to believe it, probably best to exit the thread.

I have mixed feelings about this.
He had a reasonable attitude and demeanor when discussing this.
He didn't need to politic and essentially campaign for another university job during a press conference, but i'll concede that when you're on the spot in front of a panel, you talk and stuff comes out. He was, though, pretty clearly asking for a paycheck as something other than head basketball coach, invoking K and Brey. This wasn't the place for this, either.
Not sure why he mentioned the two Notre Dame games as some sort of validation, as Notre Dame sucked.
I don't blame him for not announcing retirement here, and saying "it's up to the university" is as close to truth as possible. What's he supposed to say?
Very nice to see how he and Benny related to each other. As bizarre as that 'personal day' was, and as much BS as that characterization of it was, i supported JB protecting Benny and granting him some grace. Benny played like the guy we expected him to be today, and i hope we can keep him.

Same. He’s probably got enough in the bank to spend a million a year til he dies and leave his family with plenty of change to live well. Money isn’t motivating him at this point. It really never has.

A lot of rich people want as much money as they can get, there's never "enough".

Boehiem wants another year and the University is ready for change ... Boehiem is gonna make SU do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom