JB on McC | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

JB on McC

Can surely tell the younger generation on here by the comments. I mean really, some of you are concerned because JB may hurt an 18 years old feelings? So what !!! If it wasn't for basketball CMac could be working in some factory making min wage. My advice is to suck it up because the choices you make in life will affect the outcome of that life.

Can someone tell JB that his douchery towards McC in the post game pressers is not working at all

Or possibly someone could tell Chris that his stock is dropping faster than Bill Clinton's zipper...If he doesn't get it together, he'll play himself pout of the first round. I don't know the kid or the coach but I'm willing to believe that JB has a better idea how to get through to this player better than any of us.

He wouldn't play for three years on the Spurs, but in year 4 [after being in their system], he'd be a monster.
Not necessarily true, RF. Plenty of players have been with the Spurs and then been allowed to leave. Sometimes, players are what they are. There's no silver bullet for some guys' demons.

Or possibly someone could tell Chris that his stock is dropping faster than Bill Clinton's zipper...If he doesn't get it together, he'll play himself pout of the first round. I don't know the kid or the coach but I'm willing to believe that JB has a better idea how to get through to this player better than any of us.
True but I'm sure he's aware as that as any of us

CMAC is supposed to be a lottery pick with a bright NBA future and JB knows this. Who cares what JB is saying to the media, he knows CMAC can do better. Its all in good taste, JB has his back.

Can surely tell the younger generation on here by the comments. I mean really, some of you are concerned because JB may hurt an 18 years old feelings? So what !!! If it wasn't for basketball CMac could be working in some factory making min wage. My advice is to suck it up because the choices you make in life will affect the outcome of that life.

Dude is 20, no one cares if his feelings get hurt, and if it weren't for basketball players like CMac and many other talented players that came through Syracuse before JB would be working somewhere else too. It's not a one way relationship.

Dude is 20, no one cares if his feelings get hurt, and if it weren't for basketball players like CMac and many other talented players that came through Syracuse before JB would be working somewhere else too. It's not a one way relationship.

Oh man...you act like this is the only player that JB has ever acted this was with...This is NOTHING compared to JB and Rony Seikaly. JB wants Chris to get better. Plus, if Chris can't handle this criticism, he'll never succeed in much of anything...

Oh man...you act like this is the only player that JB has ever acted this was with...This is NOTHING compared to JB and Rony Seikaly. JB wants Chris to get better. Plus, if Chris can't handle this criticism, he'll never succeed in much of anything...

I don't get how "he's always been like this" is a valid argument against it.

"Oh, Granny's always hated the blacks, don't worry about it."

Some people are taking whatever they can to push their agendas.
What are you talking about. We are fans and 99.9% of Syracuse fans love Jim Boeheim and realize this team has flaws. If the agenda is having an opinion that doesn't worship at the altar I guess that is pushing agendas. I guess you don't have an agenda.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. My perspective on this is that these kids CHOSE to come and play for JB. Therefore, its up to them to deal with JB (the good and the bad)...

We'll just have to agree to disagree. My perspective on this is that these kids CHOSE to come and play for JB. Therefore, its up to them to deal with JB (the good and the bad)...

Fair point.

Alsacs said:
What are you talking about. We are fans and 99.9% of Syracuse fans love Jim Boeheim and realize this team has flaws. If the agenda is having an opinion that doesn't worship at the altar I guess that is pushing agendas. I guess you don't have an agenda.

Was anyone talking about you?

Just think he's always been an ass. Good or bad.

To understand JB you must know just how unusual his upbringing was. His Dad was a Teutonic iconoclast. he set high personal standards for himself. he never gave JB the slightest bit of warmth or encouragement. he cared but he would never show it.
JB worked at basketball like a maniac. He was expected to be self-motivated. it was a given that it would take a super human effort to even get acknowledgement from his Dad.
People read too much into it when they say that JB has thought this through and thinks it is the best way to get through to McC. This is simply how JB rolls, plain and simple. he tells it like it is. he could care less about contemporary psychobabble and touchy feelie considerations. He is a taskmaster. what counts is individual performance and winning. If a player does not perform, JB has no sympathy. If a player fails, he has scorn.
We think of Knight as the ultimate hard nosed coach. Because JB is not a micromanager, few people realize that he is the most hard nosed coach in the world.
JB,s life depended on working his tail off. He was so thin that BJ would look like the hulk (6.3 & 140), and he had no hops. Yet, he was a darn good player. second leading scorer as a senior and good enough to get a sniff at the NBA, if not for his decision to coach. JB is old school, hard ass. There are none like him left.

Last edited:
To understand JB you must know just how unusual his upbringing was. His Dad was a Teutonic iconoclast. he set high personal standards for himself. he never gave JB the slightest bit of warmth or encouragement. he cared but he would never show it.
JB worked at basketball like a maniac. He was expected to be self-motivated. it was a given that it would take a super human effort to even get acknowledgement from his Dad.
People read too much into it when they say that JB has thought this through and thinks it is the best way to get through to McC. This is simply how JB rolls, plain and simple. he tells it like it is. he could care less about contemporary psychobabble and touchy feelie considerations. He is a taskmaster. what counts is individual performance and winning. If a player does not perform, JB has no sympathy. If a player fails, he has scorn.
We think of Knight as the ultimate hard nosed coach. Because JB is not a micromanager, few people realize that he is the most hard nosed coach in the world.

Of all the iconoclasts, the world over, the Teutonic ones are surely the worst.

JB,s life depended on working his tail off. He was so thin that BJ would look like the hulk (6.3 & 140), and he had no hops. Yet, he was a darn good player. second leading scorer as a senior and good enough to get a sniff at the NBA, if not for his decision to coach. JB is old school, hard ass. There are none like him left.

Great post, Jb had to work his tail off for everything he got, a lot different world today, where these kids are handed everything that they could possibly want.

this is not true. His stock is going nowhere. He will be a top 20 pick, just like he was before the season started. It doesnt matter what the casual SU fan thinks, he is taylor made for the NBA. Hes gone.

TBCuse11 said:
this is not true. His stock is going nowhere. He will be a top 20 pick, just like he was before the season started. It doesnt matter what the casual SU fan thinks, he is taylor made for the NBA. Hes gone.
Like tractor traylor?

AZOrange said:
Like tractor traylor?

image-102425405.jpg

FairfaxOrange said:
The real irony here is that JB spoke absolute truths last night and his vitriol was aimed at everyone. I mean he said it was "painful" to watch our forwards and point guards.

Nailed it.
But wouldn't this make CM just want to leave? I feel like it's only in the movies where the coach comes down hard on the kid and his reaction is to work harder to win the coach's approval. I don't think Boeheim has some plan to make these remarks in order to get CM to work harder or stay another year. I think it's just Boeheim being snarky.

I am tired of the nonsense rationalization from the JB apologists.

It is simply irrelevant whether or not JB is right or wrong in his points or whether or not he is trying to "save" McC from making a mistake by going pro..

The point is that if you want to run a top notch program you have to do so with class.

Jimmy's comments, picking on a young kid who dare not publicly respond to them, are classless. Criticism of players should be kept inside the locker room and not be made public by the Coach.

I think Jimmy has better things to pick on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom