JB presser | Syracusefan.com

JB presser

Marsh01

Living Legend
Asked when they found out FAb was out - he said "Tuesday".

Asked then about all of the turmoil this season and he said he wouldnt comment on it now "we will write a book about it later."

Lenn Robbins - asked him about the seniors and their play in NY and have they addressed it with them. JB said they showed up in NY but didnt play well and they knew that and said that. They talked about it and the reason why they have won 31 games is because scoop and Kris was good all year long. One of the two usually had a good game and there was not many nights where they both were bad and many nights wheree they both were good but they need to play well for them. doesnt mean scoring points but to play well.

Asked about UNCA. Said they are a good team and they have played them a couple of times in the past and he was afraid to schedule them anymore. Also said Marsh's scouting report was extremely helpful and should get us over the top. Also said he was surprised to see them at a 16 seed.

NY Daily news asked about Fab again. Said many players in the room didnt sound angry but more sad. Was it a case of one player letting one player down. He just said "next question". He said he cant talk about it but he didnt let anyone down.

Asked about UNCA and their great foul shooting, senior leaders, etc. JB said that is why he has so much respect for them. Has a lot of respect for them.

Dana O'neil - said the players last week said they just wanted to play basketball and how did the players react. He said the players responded with good practices. He said you have to overcome what happened but it does affect players in some way but life is about to overcome stuff like this and the players will go to practce and get ready for the game tomorrow. He has no idea with their inner most feelings. Nobody likes not to have their teammate with them but its his job to get them to play at their highest level tomorrow and he is confident they will do that. Said these guys want to prove they are good players and can play. Advantage is they have 9 guys who have played a lot of minutes this year. BMK and Rak have played a lot this year. When they lost at ND it was becauuse ND played well an 9 guys played bad. Had nothing to do with Fab not playing. Best accomplishment was the best he has ever been a part of in 36 years.

Mike Waters asked how it compares to the Arinze loss and do you approach it the same way. Said they didnt have the depth back then but when AO went out Ricky went to center FT which took away a power forward and kris starting it took away the 6th man of the year. Thought they played well under the circumstances. AO was a big part of that team. Its similar but we have more depth this year.

How has Rak get meaner and tougher. JB said he has been working on that every day. Said he is getting tougher but probably not meaner. Hard worker in practice and since the ND game he has playe a lot in practice at center and he is more comfortable there. Thinks he is prepared for the situation. Said BMK hasnt played that well but its hard when he sits next to him on the bench.

Joke around when a reporter said "coach Triche said..." then he responded "Triche said something"? "Did you twist his arm?"

Asked about playing a 3 guard lineup. He said he wouldnt rule it out.

Joking around that he wants more questions just not from Lenny robbins anymore.

Len Robbins then asked him if he had a disappointment for Fab not being here. JB said he has not seen a bigger improvement from a player from one year to the next in his career. He thinks is a great kid and he feels bad for him and for the rest of the players on the team because you dont want to lose a teammate at this time so its a difficult thing to go through and he is a kid who has come an unbelievable way in a short period of time. Played one HS season and when he came in he knew he wasnt prepared and couldnt get on the court. He went out and worked hard, lost weight and did everything you could do to improve himself as a player and for him not to have the opportnity to play is disappointing to everyone.

Dan O'Neil again. Asked about retro active punishment. He responded they will see what happens and he cant comment on it.

NY Times guy asked about a policy they have through social media. He said their policy is if you say things make sure its positive. No restrictions on social media. He said they talk about using good judgement every day whether it is with the media or social media. Said he would adress it if something comes up. He said they have no rules about it and college kids need to learn responsibility and you cant dictate that kind of policy.

CBS radio guy. Asked how Fabs absence would affect the defense. Said veryone else would have to play better D and the guys replacing him have to step up and he thinks they will be able to do that.

WAER guy mentioned how well Dion played, how much more will you lean on dion. He said Fabs absence had nothing to do with Dion because he doesnt play center. He said Dion played the best he has played in NY and they didnt win. Said he didnt play well at Cincy and they won. Had 3 in cincy and they won and had 28 in NY and lost. Everyone needs to play well, not just one guy.

I don't like how this sounds at all. Lots of lamenting that he's gone.

JB "(Fab) didn't let anyone down. I know there's that out there, but in my opinion, he didn't let anyone down."

JB "We're not trying to replace this position with people who haven't played. Baye and Christmas have been in most of our games and been contributors this year."

JB "This team winning 31 (regular season) games for me is one of the best accomplishments that I've ever been a part of. To just lose one game, I've never had a team do that before. They didn't do it with one player, they did it with 10 players. Now they have 9 left, I fully expect them to do that tomorrow."

JB "Diference than in 10' with Arinze was that we didn't have as much depth. We were playing 7 players that year. When AO went out, Ricky had to slide to the center position. Kris (6th man of the year) had to start. Arinze was a big part of that team. This is very similar, but we have a little more depth this year.

JB "I've been trying to beat up X-Mas every day, he's getting tougher. Probably not meaner, but he's made a lot of progress, he's a very hard worker in practice. Since ND he's played a lot of time at Center in practice. I think he's prepared for this situation. Baye has not had a great year, but I think it's due that he's had limited minutes. Both guys are good players and they'll get a chance to show it."

JB also said he respects Fab a lot and that he has worked as hard as anyone. He did NOT let anyone down as NYONB stated. I was going to come on here just to post that JB really had Fab's back. It would have been easy for him to let Fab take the blame, but JB definitely did not allow anyone to interpret his statements that way.

JB "(Fab) didn't let anyone down. I know there's that out there, but in my opinion, he didn't let anyone down."

JB "We're not trying to replace this position with people who haven't played. Baye and Christmas have been in most of our games and been contributors this year."

JB "This team winning 31 (regular season) games for me is one of the best accomplishments that I've ever been a part of. To just lose one game, I've never had a team do that before. They didn't do it with one player, they did it with 10 players. Now they have 9 left, I fully expect them to do that tomorrow."

JB "Diference than in 10' with Arinze was that we didn't have as much depth. We were playing 7 players that year. When AO went out, Ricky had to slide to the center position. Kris (6th man of the year) had to start. Arinze was a big part of that team. This is very similar, but we have a little more depth this year.

JB "I've been trying to beat up X-Mas every day, he's getting tougher. Probably not meaner, but he's made a lot of progress, he's a very hard worker in practice. Since ND he's played a lot of time at Center in practice. I think he's prepared for this situation. Baye has not had a great year, but I think it's due that he's had limited minutes. Both guys are good players and they'll get a chance to show it."

Makes it sound like there is more to the story...or JB simply doesn't agree with the University's position.

Makes it sound like there is more to the story...or JB simply doesn't agree with the University's position.

Definitely. There's a lot more to this than "academic issues."

Asked about UNCA. Said they are a good team and they have played them a couple of times in the past and he was afraid to schedule them anymore. Also said Marsh's scouting report was extremely helpful and should get us over the top.

Nice work...

from what it sounded, i think it has to do with academic issues and the university or something/one related made this decision. I dont get the feeling listening to boeheim that this was his move. Also scoop said that they knew the problem with fab earlier in the year could return. So i think it has something to do with the original suspension. but as boeheim said "we'll see"

I don't like how this sounds at all. Lots of lamenting that he's gone.

Huh??
How so?
Pretty much the standard;
"Wish he was here- sorry he's gone- can't be helped- we'll have to adjust"...coach-speak that we're all familiar with.

Did JB seem upbeat?

At times he joked around like he usually does. He did get a little, serious and somber when talking about how Fab developed, etc but for the most part he was fine.

Huh??
How so?
Pretty much the standard;
"Wish he was here- sorry he's gone- can't be helped- we'll have to adjust"...coach-speak that we're all familiar with.

Would prefer...no comments, he's gone, we're here to win this w/o him.

It's way over analyzing, but also Dion reportedly said he was "angry"...I don't know. It just sounds like it might be in their head. WHICH IS NORMAL...but not the best thing to be thinking about when playing the biggest 2 games of the season.

Would prefer...no comments, he's gone, we're here to win this w/o him.

It's way over analyzing, but also Dion reportedly said he was "angry"...I don't know. It just sounds like it might be in their head. WHICH IS NORMAL...but not the best thing to be thinking about when playing the biggest 2 games of the season.

its a press conference. youre gonna get the standard answers. you really expect jb to say "we're pissed and we're gonna take it out on every team we play"? never gonna happen

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

its a press conference. youre gonna get the standard answers. you really expect jb to say "we're pissed and we're gonna take it out on every team we play"? never gonna happen

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

i didn't say that. I said "No Comment"

When did SU play UNC Asheville? Just noticed that Pitt beat them 71-47 last year in the tourney.

Asked about UNCA. Said they are a good team and they have played them a couple of times in the past and he was afraid to schedule them anymore. Also said Marsh's scouting report was extremely helpful and should get us over the top. Also said he was surprised to see them at a 16 seed.

I was shocked when I heard this. I guess I'll have to start actually reading your posts.

I was shocked when I heard this. I guess I'll have to start actually reading your posts.

Just making sure people are paying attention!

Also said Marsh's scouting report was extremely helpful and should get us over the top.

Good work Marsh. Well done. Well played sir.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom