JB's Presser after Duke (K's also) | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Duke (K's also)

Do they both have hives?
epic!!

Maybe their continual closeness at the Olympics and training caused them to spread something to one another. Maybe Zika?

Did K say anything "amazing?"

Just started it. JB's was completely UN-epic...rather lame, to be honest...compared to some of his better work. But I'll take the win over epic pressers any day!

Hard to hate Coach K after those comments about Syracuse
Yeah I went up and down about him. He gave props to JB, Gillon and Battle - but pretty much dismissed Cuse/Duke as a rivlarly and said everyone wants to beat Duke; didn't love that.

Did K pretty much that they're everyone's Super Bowl?

Yes, he was emphatic that there was no rivalry! He said that everyone sees them as rivals.

But...at the end in the garbage time of the interview, he praised JB, his family, and Cuse tradition.

I will say, if we continue to have games like this, they'll have to acknowledge there is a seed of a secondary rivalry going. All games except one have been close and exciting. And to me rivalries are defined by moments. In our first game it was the Xmas block. Then we had the CJ "charge.". Then last year the amazing game, god bless America. And now Gillon's game winner. Keep this up and I don't see how we're not a secondary rivalry to Carolina to them.

He basically said in the end that he liked JB too much to consider us a rival. You generally dislike rivals.
Yeah I went up and down about him. He gave props to JB, Gillon and Battle - but pretty much dismissed Cuse/Duke as a rivlarly and said everyone wants to beat Duke; didn't love that.

Sure did. Ain't wrong.

Look at the SJU, UConn, and Gtown wins - for the first 2 we clearly were as well.

At least Duke made this Superbowl an actual game though...and they werent playing a garbage team, like the ones you listed.

He basically said in the end that he liked JB too much to consider us a rival. You generally dislike rivals.

He said that later(in the "garbage time" of the interview)...but also said we were not rivals earlier, and said that everyone else considered them rivals, though. ;)

I will say, if we continue to have games like this, they'll have to acknowledge there is a seed of a secondary rivalry going. All games except one have been close and exciting. And to me rivalries are defined by moments. In our first game it was the Xmas block. Then we had the CJ "charge.". Then last year the amazing game, god bless America. And now Gillon's game winner. Keep this up and I don't see how we're not a secondary rivalry to Carolina to them.

Ill agree with seed. But for people who work the land(or hydroponics, or pots, etc), they know germination rate isnt always high. ;)

At least Duke made this Superbowl an actual game though...and they werent playing a garbage team, like the ones you listed.

A full MSG and 2 Dome crowds for those programs is a big deal.

A full MSG and 2 Dome crowds for those programs is a big deal.

Sure is, a big disadvantage. Yet they still won. St Johns by 33. Cuse beat Duke by 3 at home, a bit different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom