JB's Presser after UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNC

They show only one other game, Colgate. They do not show stats for the two exhibition games.
Chukwu was 2-5 for 4 points, 10 rebounds (8 def), 3 blocks in 37 minutes played. These are totals from the 2 exhibition games.

position.timing.desire. rebounding really has nothing to do with the booty.
Tell that to Sir Charles. THe Worm is not a humanoid as Will Smith divulged at the end of MEn in Black. There is more than one way to skin a cat and booty is one of them. Ceteris paribus, booty wins.

Last edited:
from paul silas. one of the best ever.

"As a player Silas had to figure out how to make the most of what he had. He was 6 feet 7 inches and strong, but relatively bound to earth. So he improvised. He understood that rebounding wasn't just jumping, but positioning and timing, with a little intimidation thrown in. He devised the trick of getting good position by first going out of bounds -- "there's a lot more room there," he said -- and then pushing his way in under the basket. Wes Unseld observed this nuance and there were times when both players were fighting for position -- out of bounds. "Jump," Silas told his players, "when the ball is at its peak. Think about that."

Writing off Chukwu now is premature. He has two years left. He is 7 feet tall.

Rak Christmas was a joke until his senior year. I know different skill sets, but Chukwu will be our starting center next year.

No he wasn't

Don't agree with your last two sentences at all. Rak was not a joke his first three years. Didn't play much but showed a lot of promise. Thompson will start at center. If Thompson is at PF, then even Sidibe would start. I don't expect Sidibe to start but he's light years better than PC and a legit shot blocker and athlete.
If Thompson is our center then God help us. Love him, and he could threaten 20 per game next year, but it is expected that PC will start at the 5.

Things can change of course.

If Thompson is our center then God help us. Love him, and he could threaten 20 per game next year, but it is expected that PC will start at the 5.

Things can change of course.
I this don't get this. It would be bad if he's our center but he could score 20 PPG. I guess you're referring to his awful defense but why would it be better at the 4?

I this don't get this. It would be bad if he's our center but he could score 20 PPG. I guess you're referring to his awful defense but why would it be better at the 4?

Only giving up open 3's and layups from one side of the floor, instead of from everywhere? :p

from paul silas. one of the best ever.

"As a player Silas had to figure out how to make the most of what he had. He was 6 feet 7 inches and strong, but relatively bound to earth. So he improvised. He understood that rebounding wasn't just jumping, but positioning and timing, with a little intimidation thrown in. He devised the trick of getting good position by first going out of bounds -- "there's a lot more room there," he said -- and then pushing his way in under the basket. Wes Unseld observed this nuance and there were times when both players were fighting for position -- out of bounds. "Jump," Silas told his players, "when the ball is at its peak. Think about that."

I'm old enough to have seen both of those guy a lot. The thing they had in common was incredible strength upstairs and downstairs along with huge, as Al McGuire put it, derrieres, or as Forrest Gump put it, bootocks. They planted themselves and no one or ones could move them. Once planted, they didn't jockey for position, they made position. The thing is, however, it was a much different game in those days, players were shorter and slower and those guys didn't have to worry about too many guys jumping over them like now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom