JB's Presser after UNC | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UNC

What was the question about Gillon at the 5:28 mark where he replied "what's the difference"?

If Jim Boeheim said it was the best road game the team had all year, despite the final score, I'm not going to argue with him.

If Jim Boeheim said it was the best road game the team had all year, despite the final score, I'm not going to argue with him.

Well we haven't won a road game all year... so what would be our best road game? I think you get to choose from getting blown out at BC or never really being in it at VT or losing by 20 at Wisconsin.

Well we haven't won a road game all year... so what would be our best road game? I think you get to choose from getting blown out at BC or never really being in it at VT or losing by 20 at Wisconsin.
The point is that the team is improving DESPITE some missing pieces like Chukwu and probably DC too for the most part.

You think we might not have a better chance of winning games with the two centers available?

Yes Chukwu is a project but it's a RARE big man who isn't and 7'2" and 5 extra fouls are almost always welcome on a college team.

Not to mention DC had substantial improvement before his battered knees gave out despite him losing a LOT of fat.

I have no idea about the other positions off the top of my head and I see no reason to research any further.

These post games are useless. Meeks and Hicks are good players. They got too many rebounds.

I used to love watching them, since they've been going up in YouTube. Maybe it's the reporters, maybe it's JB, I don't know, but they seem way more forced for the people involved and me listening throughout the whole thing.

I used to love watching them, since they've been going up in YouTube. Maybe it's the reporters, maybe it's JB, I don't know, but they seem way more forced for the people involved and me listening throughout the whole thing.

I think most have been interesting for the wrong reasons of JB throwing his players under the bus... the last couple have been more mundane and none of the JB slamming his own players... so mundane is good.

I think JB was in a decent mood. I think he's starting to like this team more except for one thing - PG.

I think we win on ND on Saturday

It's possible. They are certainly a better matchup. We'll see how their energy level and sense of urgency is. That's always a big wild card with this bunch. If the PGs do nothing again then it's another L.

The point is that the team is improving DESPITE some missing pieces like Chukwu and probably DC too for the most part.

You think we might not have a better chance of winning games with the two centers available?

Yes Chukwu is a project but it's a RARE big man who isn't and 7'2" and 5 extra fouls are almost always welcome on a college team.

Not to mention DC had substantial improvement before his battered knees gave out despite him losing a LOT of fat.

I have no idea about the other positions off the top of my head and I see no reason to research any further.
Chukwu is not an ACC player. Never will be.

It's possible. They are certainly a better matchup. We'll see how their energy level and sense of urgency is. That's always a big wild card with this bunch. If the PGs do nothing again then it's another L.
I think they will play well. Hell, they managed to hang with UNC for a long time despite getting smoked on the glass and despite Gillon and Howard giving them almost nothing. A win is certainly in the cards.

Chukwu caught the ball under the hoop and whipped it to the corner, out of bounds for a turnover. Pretty much the only play I'll remember of his this year. No, he wouldn't have mattered at all. Size doesn't mean a thing if you just don't have the skill for what you need the size for. Not at this level. That said, hope he works really hard this offseason (and now). His eye is better, right?

I think they will play well. Hell, they managed to hang with UNC for a long time despite getting smoked on the glass and despite Gillon and Howard giving them almost nothing. A win is certainly in the cards.

True. Maybe they will try to rebound this game. I will say that, imo, UNC really did a poor job getting back in transition and simply getting out on shooters. I don't think they played particularly well, frankly.

True. Maybe they will try to rebound this game. I will say that, imo, UNC really did a poor job getting back in transition and simply getting out on shooters. I don't think they played particularly well, frankly.
No they didn't play their best, but they killed on the offensive glass and seemed to hit a lot of dagger threes at the right time to turn back SU's runs.

I really don't know how SU's rebounding gets fixed. White is not a good rebounder for his size and position, Thompson has not been a productive rebounder to this point, Gillon is too small to make an impact, and Battle has suprisingly (given his size and athleticism) been a non-factor there so far.

No they didn't play their best, but they killed on the offensive glass and seemed to hit a lot of dagger threes at the right time to turn back SU's runs.

I really don't know how SU's rebounding gets fixed. White is not a good rebounder for his size and position, Thompson has not been a productive rebounder to this point, Gillon is too small to make an impact, and Battle has suprisingly (given his size and athleticism) been a non-factor there so far.

Flubber is the only solution I can think of when you lay it out like that.

Flubber is the only solution I can think of when you lay it out like that.
That was a little negative on the players for me, wasn't it? And I didn't even mention Roberson. Maybe I will put myself on ignore.

Yeah, they don't seem to have the physical prowess, instincts, or desire to 'get the ball' often. Then there is the whole scheme issue/teaching issue. Against a team like UNC it is magnified. Battle came back towards to the hoop at least once for a rebound. Maybe he can do more moving forward.

Tough for Howard to give much from the bench. 1 minute and yet I've seen so many Howard bashes. Yeah, he started one fast break for the other team. But had he been given the chance, I'm guessing his defense would have been better than Gillon's, especially at the end when Gillon was clearly gassed.

Chukwu caught the ball under the hoop and whipped it to the corner, out of bounds for a turnover. Pretty much the only play I'll remember of his this year. No, he wouldn't have mattered at all. Size doesn't mean a thing if you just don't have the skill for what you need the size for. Not at this level. That said, hope he works really hard this offseason (and now). His eye is better, right?

I can't imagine Chukwu earning a starting spot on UVM right now.

I think White is getting a pass on the board - a few made shots and IMHO some lucky deflections help cover the fact that he is not tough on the glass, and is miserable on D, and strictly a catch and shoot guy.

I think it was our best road effort as well, but our grad transfers need to be better and tougher quite frankly for us to get it done.

I thought Battle helped on the defensive glass last night better than he has all year. Perhaps he was injured earlier and is only now feeling better? It seems like he's played his best basketball recently.

But yeah, this is destined to be a bad rebounding team. Nearly everyone's below average and our one great rebounder is undersized and gets the crap beat out of him due to the extra attention he receives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom