JB's Presser after UVa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after UVa

Loved the press conference and all the positivity no one deserves more respect or or praise for the coaching job he's done this year and over his career. That being said with all the love he dished out today coach had to find a way to rip Robbey - no chance we get those 2 at the end. LOL he could have let those missed freethrows go. It's not like we have ever been hurt by players missing freethrows.
My thoughts exactly. Was watching it live and was loving the not so grumpy JB presser, cracking a few jokes it was all good. Then he slides that little jab at Robey. After all the years of terrible free throw shooting from just about everyone on the roster, minus a couple outliers, he doesn't have much room to talk! Either way...still lovin some JB1000!!

Did anyone else catch the fact that Jimmy gave credit to Mike and Gerry for the open circle dribble drive strategy in the second half.

I'm not sure of its significance but it was refreshing to see JB give props to his assistants. The driving strategy was something I was screaming all first half. When you have three guards that are good free throw shooters, who can also blow by their defenders and a zone defense that can rattle the opposition's confidence its a great recipe for staying in any game.

This team needs effort and confidence more than anything else. A dangerous team who is hard to guard as long as they play to their strengths.

My thoughts exactly. Was watching it live and was loving the not so grumpy JB presser, cracking a few jokes it was all good. Then he slides that little jab at Robey. After all the years of terrible free throw shooting from just about everyone on the roster, minus a couple outliers, he doesn't have much room to talk! Either way...still lovin some JB1000!!

When was the Robey dig? I watched the whole presser and didn't catch that.

When was the Robey dig? I watched the whole presser and didn't catch that.
He talked about having no chance at those last two free throws. Those were the two Robey missed. Game was pretty much decided at that point, so there really was no need to even comment on them.

He talked about having no chance at those last two free throws. Those were the two Robey missed. Game was pretty much decided at that point, so there really was no need to even comment on them.

It came across as factual to me--not a dig. As I recall, he said we could have put them away on those FTs but didn't, but it didn't harm us. Didn't strike me as a dig.

IMG_0782.GIF

It came across as factual to me--not a dig. As I recall, he said we could have put them away on those FTs but didn't, but it didn't harm us. Didn't strike me as a dig.
Was 100% factual. We all know how limited he is from the line. Game was pretty much put away at that point. Those free throws were just icing, which is why I didn't think the comment needed to be made.

On the flip side, it's very strange how confident I am in this teams ability to make free throws in crunch time. Never thought I'd say that about any Orange team!

He said "fortunately we didn't need those last two free throws because they had no chance," which I interpreted as they had no chance to go in. Definitely a Robey dig.

Try our own posters.
Yeah I must have missed the direct reference to this site. The syracuse.com site was the first thing I thought cause when is there evere a thread with only 2 posts here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom