Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse is just maximizing his financial opportunity. Jesse isn't the problem. Losing one player is not the problem. The BIG problem is that we can't compete with what is the market rate for high quality players in the portal. This is going to be program altering and in a very bad way. Quick action is needed at a high level to determine why Syracuse is not competitive when many of our peer schools seemingly are.
Bingo, we need to stop throwing blame and have faith that the true issue is being addressed and will be rectified. Adam is not evil, the administration is not evil, the coaches are not evil, but they need to all get together and figure it out for the good of the program and the university.

Judah
JJ
Moore
Dickinson
Edwards

to:
Copeland
JJ
Benny
Brown
North Texas kid
I just threw up
Swallow that puke, let's see how this all plays out. With the portal, it is quite possible that we can build a competitive roster.

Swallow that puke, let's see how this all plays out. With the portal, it is quite possible that we can build a competitive roster.
It’s early. I agree. I have said this in other threads. But if we can’t pay Edwards. We most likely can’t pay Mintz. Now we are without Mintz and Edwards. And running back a team that had tremendous flaws. With 1 recruit coming in. Need to pound the portal. But as history has shown us, we haven’t had much luck with the portal.

Please everyone. Go listen to Dean’s podcast. Outlines this perfectly with the right info. There’s a ton of misinformation and blaming in the wrong direction
It also talks about the Weistman situation. Must listen. Really good stuff

Hey man I'm just throwing the Alley Op lol
I understand, but as a father, I am sensitive to calling out another man's parenting, particularly when I believe he has probably given his son solid advice.

The narrative around a program is so important for recruiting and player acquisition, especially in the early days of a new head coach. And this news about Jesse completely craters the narrative around the program. They should have been doing everything they could to pay Jesse the above market rate if need be and planning for others to try to outbid us. How can the stakeholders around the program be caught so flat footed?
Before this Jesse fiasco, the narrative was already leaning the wrong way. Not turning over the roster, especially the F position, having no guard depth or anything in the pipeline were giant mistakes Red made right away. We shouldn’t have been focused in running it back, instead this program should have had some real churn to actually attempt to improve. Gtown and Cooley knows what’s up. Pitino knows what’s up. Does our staff?

The NIL crap is just another feather in the cap for this program. How could a former relevant program be so out of touch and so behind the times STILL?!?

If you are frustrated, I get it. Many of us are. However, you are arguing a point with no substance. You won't be "proven wrong" unless someone can come forward and support Jesse's dad's parenting skills. CTO has said that he has a wonderful family. Is that enough for you? It's more evidence than what has been provided that his dad is "overbearing".
I know a lot of people who know his parents and have only heard lovely things about them (travelled in Italy and other tournaments with them). There is just so much in these 85 pages that is so wrong. And some, I am sure, is correct. But does anyone really know? So many think they are experts. There used to be a core group of trusted posters here. I've been a part of this forum for years, and miss those days. I have not posted inside information on here in a long, long time. Unfortunately the comments and so called experts are really getting out of hand. This thread throws in the kitchen sink of every single potential involved person, theory, who did this, who said that. It is really both sad and comical. There are a trusted few on here who are trying to pull it together. But most of you have no idea who they are. You are all newer to the game and you have no idea who you are arguing with.

I know a lot of people who know his parents and have only heard lovely things about them (travelled in Italy and other tournaments with them). There is just so much in these 85 pages that is so wrong. And some, I am sure, is correct. But does anyone really know? So many think they are experts. There used to be a core group of trusted posters here. I've been a part of this forum for years, and miss those days. I have not posted inside information on here in a long, long time. Unfortunately the comments and so called experts are really getting out of hand. This thread throws in the kitchen sink of every single potential involved person, theory, who did this, who said that. It is really both sad and comical. There are a trusted few on here who are trying to pull it together. But most of you have no idea who they are. You are all newer to the game and you have no idea who you are arguing with.
Thanks for adding evidence to the quality of Jesse's family. Some have driven away the logical and informed posters. I consider myself among those left, maybe I am wrong, but either way, I am trying to show those that jump to conclusions the error in their way.

84 pages!?!
oceans11onemore-well-get-one-more.gif

Can you shed any light on what happened and how we just lost our fifth year senior leader to another program? Do you get the sense that we’re way behind on NIL fundraising? I believe you’re connected to alumni fundraising. Losing Jesse is simply devastating. To many posters, it just seems like we’ve been caught flat footed and completely unprepared for what was going to unfold this off-season with NIL. But mostly: How can we ever expect to retain talent if they’ll just go make more money at another program?

Last edited:
Can you shed any light on what the happened and how we just lost our fifth year senior to another program? Do you get the sense that we’re way behind on NIL fundraising? I know you’re connected to alumni fundraising. Losing Jesse is simply devastating. To many posters, it just seems like we’ve been caught flat footed and ill protested. But mostly: How can we ever expect to retain talent if they’ll just go make more money at another program?
I'm not she, but it is 100% NIL. Jesse wants to stay, but the discrepancy between what we have to offer and what other schools have to offer is too large.

I’m a wait and see kind of guy.

So many on here have already decided that we’re in the Patriot League, the sky has fallen, our booster is gone, and we’ll never even sniff the tournament again.

Maybe let’s see what happens. The portal is a good thing. NIL is a good thing. I’m sorry it’s on a down swing in the mind of the fans, but I seem to recall a McDonalds all-american committing not long ago.

Let’s see what happens. Best of luck, Jesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom