Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing a top 15 college basketball player to another school isn’t in the same boat?

What?
They have talent all over the place every single year.

What?

You mean things outside of massive self promoting NIL boosters? Impossible
No, I meant playing a modern style of basketball and a HC who was actively going out and recruiting.

No, I meant playing a modern style of basketball and a HC who was actively going out and recruiting.
So things that are not related to massive NIL boosters…

That’s the point

We may not have a choice. We just might not be relevant again. What is the point? To be the Washington Generals? If the kid wants to go to Europe, fine. But if it is to go to another school, and I have zero knowledge that it is, that is a neutron bomb on our program. What are we even doing?

Exactly. I started watching during the Mcnabb years and can’t even remember all the SU BB players I started watching and saw at the dome. Wallace, Moten, Sims. Throw lacrosse into the mix too.

We’re a long ways from the feelings I had for a long time watching SU year round. It was fun. It’s been hard finding all this enjoyable for awhile. Stopped following BB to the degree I used to for a few years now. This is the most vested I’ve been in the BB program in awhile.

This might push me over the edge….. if Jesse transfers b/c we couldn’t find a way to get him $ when other schools could. It just shows me we’re never crawling out from where we are except for a great season every once in awhile. We’re Rutgers without the even trying part.

They have talent all over the place every single year.

What?
Did you even read what I posted? This make no sense. What does other talent on the team have to do with losing a top 15 player. You could have a five star backup center and it would still be ridiculous to see a 19-8 guy walk out the door.

This just sucks all the way around if true but who cares we want players that want to play here…nobody on here even thought for a second during the season Jesse was coming back here well now it might be true that he won’t be here…

This is a complete bombshell if true. (Not saying you’re wrong cuseallday) but Im backing up what dasher said here. Jesse was coming back. There is zero doubt of that. I have no clue what happened the last 5 days because this was a done deal and he believed in the team they were building, his relationship with coaches, everything was positive. Im in utter shock and I say that seriously. That’s why I haven’t made any comment here because there was zero speculation he was ever leaving

Here’s what I think many people on here fail to really understand, Syracuse doesn’t have big boosters to generate large NIL deals like a lot of other programs. It just doesn’t. The SU alum base has better things to do with its money. We’re a northeastern school, we aren’t a bunch of good ‘old boys throwing money at an athletic program. If you really believed one single billionaire tossing money at SU was actually, consistently going to happen as a sound strategy, you were and are delusional. I fear we are not equipped for the NIL era.

Having said that, UConn just won the national championship. Un believable. If they can do it, we surely can too. What crap was Hurley shoving to get players? Figure that out and rebuild the program.

Well, we are still an academic institution. And AW can't run the programs. He just can't. Now, I don't know the guy and I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Kent and JW may be way off base. But they may not be as well.
That’s fair, but virtually every other power 6 school including our rivals are doing everything they can to ensure their programs are competitive. He’s running things like he thinks we are an Ivy.

This just sucks all the way around if true but who cares we want players that want to play here…nobody on here even thought for a second during the season Jesse was coming back here well now it might be true that he won’t be here…
You can want something and still have other options be better decisions

Ok, so my source is telling me Jesse is mixed up in this Pentagon leak. Apparently, Jesse created a basketball practice facility in Minecraft and someone stashed the documents in his locker.

My sources are notoriously unreliable, so, this could just be a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom