Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want SU to be on the same level as Marquette, WVU, St. Mary's, Iowa State and TCU. 3 of whom didn't make the tournament this year and nearly all aren't considered relevant national bball programs. You have to be a mole sent in by the Boneyard or something man, good lord.
We’re not even on par with any of those programs at the moment.

I like the snuck in part. And that to you equals laughingstock. One season where we lost our starting center when we had a winning record.
Hey, we all expect more. How many bubble seasons in the last 10yrs?

Idn what’s so hard for you to comprehend. Them losing Dickinson is not like us losing Jesse. They have loads of other talent. We do not.
It’s the exact same. You don’t think we would be just as upset if Judah entered the transfer portal just because the team picked up JJ?

Okay, add in UConn, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Villanova.

Two B10 teams with a huge cash advantage and the defending champion who while just winning the tourney also just got there first ncaa tourney wins in year 5 under Hurley in the luckiest draw since Willy wonka.

Syracuse basketball senior center Jesse Edwards is not planning to return to the Orange for a fifth year in the 2023-24 season, according to a source with direct knowledge.

The 6-foot-11 Edwards, who hails from Amsterdam, Netherlands, has the option to play a fifth year of college basketball granted by the NCAA amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

I’m still working to determine what Edwards’ future plans will entail, but at this point, my source says Edwards is not planning to come back to the Hill for the 2023-24 stanza.

His article also includes the key words “as of now”.

So you don’t think that Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Michigan etc think that their athletic prowess is negatively effecting their academic standing? How many students attend universities where they can get a stellar education while cheering for big time sports? Do you seriously think that it’s the students who want the athletics downgraded? Funny how other universities believe and work to excel in both athletics and academics but you don’t think it’s possible but make it an us against them scenario. Sad because that is a killer for the university as a whole.
How many of them have boosters out at the forefront of the program?

0? Well there ya go.

yeah. They only have two New York reporters of the year on the beat. And one of them a Hall of Fame reporter. JFC
You’re saying they’re good with breaking news? That’s laughable.I was in the business for a long time. It’s not their strength.

We’re not even on par with any of those programs at the moment.

Hes talking about them having success without massive NIL plans or boosters. My point is what big time players do any of them have that schools want and what big time success are they having??

Two B10 teams with a huge cash advantage and the defending champion who while just winning the tourney also just got there first ever ncaa tourney wins in year 5 under Hurley in the luckiest draw since Willy wonka.
Cash advantage means nothing in terms of nil, the school can’t pay the students.

And nice list of excuses. Moving the goalposts over and over

Live look at SyracuseFan:
1681181087707.gif

You win awards like them? Didn't think so. They are great reporters who have been awarded as such.
You have your opinion. I have mine.

Cash advantage means nothing in terms of nil, the school can’t pay the students.

And nice list of excuses. Moving the goalposts over and over

Lmao you don't think their paying the students? Dude your delusional. Duke UNC Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Zona, etc all have massive NIL programs and deals and boosters out front. You don't think Purdue isnt paying Edey? You give examples of schools who are fringe teams at best most of which didn't even make the tourney.

This line of thinking also crossed my mind.
Hard to understand that just last week, he was 100% coming back. No doubt about it. To he is considering going to another school? A kid that showed up in the cold to welcome the soccer team back? A kid going with a Field Hockey player or coach? Things change in a day in life. But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom