Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a journalist…

But don’t you need two sources to corroborate a story before going public? Unless the one source is the actual person?
Lol, there’s no such thing. Journalism, in this day and age, has no rules. Many “journalists”outright lie to push a narrative and get clicks and views, which drives revenue.

That isn't true. Yeah, you have some media that lie to the viewers or readers but the vast majority don't.
It is true there are no standards for the media. The only standards are the ones they set themselves, their own ethics.

I’ve personally seen absolutely atrocious “journalism” that chose to run with lies and ignore facts all to perpetuate a “story”.

It’s rather gross. Many journalists abuse their first amendment protections.

Total board meltdown.
The current roster with Jesse gone and assuming Judah leaves is a flaming brown paper bag of doo doo. Huge voids to fill! Let's hope Red has a plan and the $ comes through to snag some top tier replacements...or we're in for a long season!

It's odd that he wanted to stay but we couldn't manage to put together a decent enough NIL package for him when he went back home yet another school will be able to?
Syracuse is conservative with their NIL, they wouldn’t go into the grey area where other schools are willing to. Other schools have figured out NIL loopholes for foreign players.

So if I’m reading it correctly, Jesse and his family aren’t satisfied with the dollar amount? And SU isn’t willing to go higher?
Well it’s not SU (the school). The reality is Syracuse is a very small market that is not set up to compete with deep pocket supported programs. Going to be an uphill battle getting the program back to elite status unless there is deep pocket NIL coming to save the program. We may be resigned to sucking most years with the occasional great team that can make a run in the tournament.

Well that's just a crappy excuse. Get on the train or get left behind!
The school has to make a decision if they want to play big time ball. They’re stuck in a no man’s land of being a private school in a small market forced to compete against big schools with deep pocket boosters that have a strong desire to win at all costs. If they want to compete they foster relationships with guys like AW.

Well it’s not SU (the school). The reality is Syracuse is a very small market that is not set up to compete with deep pocket supported programs. Going to be an uphill battle getting the program back to elite status unless there is deep pocket NIL coming to save the program. We may be resigned to sucking most years with the occasional great team that can make a run in the tournament.
It’ll be difficult to retain coaches and players.

I was in the business for a long time. I know how it works. I know the issues and competitive nature of recruiting news. You have to be on top of it almost 24/7. The same goes with other news, and now with the portal and NIL, it’s become a cluster.
And Donna actually just broke the news with lots more details and actual quotes. They probably heard the rumors and jumped on it and then asked Jesse’s parents to comment.

Last edited:
0BB24718-CC97-4057-9A84-8B2DAB146C91.jpeg

This board when we endure the slightest bit of adversity…

So our supposed boosters didn’t have the necessary NIL funds? Or we wouldn’t help bend the NIL international player rules to get him paid? I’m still confused about what the issue is here and why he could get NIL elsewhere but not at Cuse.

Syracuse is conservative with their NIL, they wouldn’t go into the grey area where other schools are willing to. Other schools have figured out NIL loopholes for foreign players.

What is meant by conservative? You mean Su caps the amount of NIL the collectives or other donors can give a player?

What is meant by conservative? You mean Su caps the amount of NIL the collectives or other donors can give a player?
Meaning Syracuse won’t play in grey area of NIL and plays by the rules as written

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom