Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year isnt this year. Su looks to have taken a different stance on NIL.

Yea, they forgot how they did it last year.

Lets put it this way, JG3 probably made high 5 figures a year in legal NIL at Syracuse. Once he hit the portal, he was offered up to $400k (market rate for an ok starter currently) since other schools push the limits of NIL to disguise pay for play. It seems that Syracuse mostly offers “legal” NIL opportunities to their athletes.

Last year, we lost to teams who offered $500k-$1M in NIL to their top players (as well as other schools who don’t provide the same NIL opportunities)

What’s the difference between legal and illegal NIL?

Soo FWIW, a little bit of more info but its pretty much been laid out here in the thread by others.
At the end of the season/beginning of our offseason, it seemed to be believed he was gone (def not transfer portal but professionally to Europe). His position coach told my source directly this. Apparently, in the last week, there was some optimism he would return but this transfer portal caught the coaches by surprise. The family really does believe he will get more from another university. The school and our NIL partners really did try and he wanted to be here but $ might talk.

We will get a portal big

Looks like a very unproductive day for the Syracuse fan base. Ugg!!!

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.3643583384_mfot.jpg
    il_fullxfull.3643583384_mfot.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 23
I suspect the fact he’s an international student complicated any potential deal. Whatever, time to go find a big body
I think Jesse's friend from the Netherlands is underrated.

I guess the rules are very loosey goosey, so we might as well just contact every 7 footer who played CBB last year whether they are in the portal or not.

So I’m 2 for 2 for those keeping tabs at home. Im sure those who called me a clown will just crawl in a hole. I said this from the start
What do you see next in your crystal ball?

What do you see next in your crystal ball?
My source, within the team, told me within a day of the season being over that Joe, Jesse, Judah were all leaving. Its looking like my source is the only one with correct information thus far

My crystal ball is telling me this team is finishing bottom of the ACC for the next couple years. Dark, dark times ahead…

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. Maybe there is big man with some girth and looking for a better or the right opportunity. We got Starling in the portal, let's see how this unfolds.

Last edited:
Soo FWIW, a little bit of more info but its pretty much been laid out here in the thread by others.
At the end of the season/beginning of our offseason, it seemed to be believed he was gone (def not transfer portal but professionally to Europe). His position coach told my source directly this. Apparently, in the last week, there was some optimism he would return but this transfer portal caught the coaches by surprise. The family really does believe he will get more from another university. The school and our NIL partners really did try and he wanted to be here but $ might talk.

We will get a portal big
Ehhh good luck getting anyone good. Autry has a huge mountain go climb. This roster is not good without Edwards or Mintz. And honestly I’m sick of hearing the coaches were caught off guard. That shyt was suppose to end when JB retire.

Last edited:
I suspect the fact he’s an international student complicated any potential deal. Whatever, time to go find a big body
It won’t for other schools though because despite what bees says we are playing by more conservative rules.

“We will get another portal big”

Ok, so we were already a team that lacked talent. And one of our 2 best players last year is going to leave because we can’t pay him enough. If we can’t pay our own guys enough to stay, what makes anyone think we will be able to through the portal? Clearly whatever big we get will be a big downgrade

If he goes to St. John’s or Georgetown what is worse? Big east poaching the ACC

My bigger issue is the hc in this world. We had a brand in boeheim. Now we have an unknown name at hc. Had pitino taken this job it’s a different situation imo.

I worry about Adrian navigating a sub 500 team. You lose the community quickly being the next guy who drops further.

Be careful what we all wished for

If he goes to St. John’s or Georgetown what is worse? Big east poaching the ACC

My bigger issue is the hc in this world. We had a brand in boeheim. Now we have an unknown name at hc. Had pitino taken this job it’s a different situation imo.

I worry about Adrian navigating a sub 500 team. You lose the community quickly being the next guy who drops further.

Be careful what we all wished for
A lot of victory laps were done here after JJ committed.

But other than the kid from Cuse who literally grew up with the new coaches son (sound familiar?), we have added 0 players and lost our top 3 players from last year.

A lot of victory laps were done here after JJ committed.

But other than the kid from Cuse who literally grew up with the new coaches son (sound familiar?), we have added 0 players and lost our top 3 players from last year.
Coaching matters more now w rosters switching over by the hour.

I have no doubt AA can recruit traditionally

I do have doubt if he can manage an nba like roster whrrr everyone is looking for a bag habitually

Nil is a bad thing unregulated. Really bad

“We will get another portal big”

Ok, so we were already a team that lacked talent. And one of our 2 best players last year is going to leave because we can’t pay him enough. If we can’t pay our own guys enough to stay, what makes anyone think we will be able to through the portal? Clearly whatever big we get will be a big downgrade
We lost Girard too. I know fans don’t think he was a big loss, but he was much better than Starling last year. Right now if Mintz doesn’t come back this roster is awful.

Huge loss in many ways. With Judah and Jesse this is a decent team. Without, the team isn’t a 500 squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom