Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inference I took from the article was they could not strike a deal because of his Visa status...if that is the case then how can another school strike a deal? Confusing to say the least?

The inference I took from the article was they could not strike a deal because of his Visa status...if that is the case then how can another school strike a deal? Confusing to say the least?
Nope. Not confusing. You can pay him as long as you leave the country. Any school who has an overseas trip planned this summer will be able to pay him

It's more of the same old crap that has happened for the past 5-6 years. The coaches think we are in good shape with a player(either prospective or current) and then they decide to not come here or leave altogether and we have zero backup plan.
The jury is still out on the backup plan. We need to see how this plays out.

at this point I am ready to move on from every player on this team. Blow it up

They are B10?
Oops
Sorry Discovery Channel GIF by Discovery

And what are you discussing when you say amateurish?
Boeheim's departure being the most recent and high-profile example. It was covered over afterward, but a firing via tweet isn't best press release.

The half-time ceremonies this season were also poorly put together, almost like afterthoughts. They introduced the soccer team as national shampions and then just ... let people clap for a bit, announced them again, and the team took some pictures and kind of wandered off the court. JAB's speech during his ring of honor promotion looked like they hadn't intended on him saying anything. They didn't have Pearl's family say anything. The 2003 team celebration was confusing. They didn't announce any of the players who were there. There was a quick shot of 30 names on the video screen for about 20 seconds and then crickets.

Different guy, but still self-inflicted.

Boeheim's departure being the most recent and high-profile example. It was covered over afterward, but a firing via tweet isn't best press release.

The half-time ceremonies this season were also poorly put together, almost like afterthoughts. They introduced the soccer team as national shampions and then just ... let people clap for a bit, announced them again, and the team took some pictures and kind of wandered off the court. JAB's speech during his ring of honor promotion looked like they hadn't intended on him saying anything. They didn't have Pearl's family say anything. The 2003 team celebration was confusing. They didn't announce any of the players who were there. There was a quick shot of 30 names on the video screen for about 20 seconds and then crickets.

Different guy, but still self-inflicted.

I thought you meant NIL related.

To state the obvious this is bad news, I would suggest people take a deep breath, step down off the ledge, and see what develops over the next few months, NIL and Transfer Portal make everything so fluid we have no idea what may transpire. At one point last Winter the people had the football program packed up and sent to the Patriot League.

Pretty sure we aren’t going to Israel anymore so
I wonder if this was a compliance issue where SU wouldn’t sign off on the deal.

So go to Spain or somewhere else in Europe instead... plenty of time to still plan.

If the bags are light, oh well... it's not like we aren't used to coming up short on talent at this point.

So all that needed to happen was Jesse gets paid while home in the Netherlands this summer, and Cuse just couldn't pay him enough? Either they think they're getting Dickinson with a huge sum of money and see less need to give a huge amount to Jesse, or they just cannot compete in this era. I would be very surprised if it's the former. If the program isn't willing to dive head first into the deep end of NIL, this is the beginning of the end for the program.
Dickinson isn’t coming.

I thought you meant NIL related.
No, but my comment was in relation to the staff seemingly unaware of roster movement. I'm not sure everyone is on the same page up on the hill and that's an enormous issue for premier program.

It’s very difficult to convey everything I’d like to discuss in short posts on a message board, but, the thing is, we are a lot closer to being BC or Providence than people realize. We are and always have been walking a thin line. It’s readily apparent with the football program. Now it’s manifesting in the basketball program. This is eerily similar to us as a nation…the line we walk between freedom & democracy is closer to tyranny than any of us would like to imagine. I’m afraid we might be BC. Look, if we can be on par with BC academically, then I might not even mind. I’ll still pull for the team.

The thing that’s interesting is UConn. I wrote that earlier, but UConn could give us hope. I hate UConn with a passion, so I can’t believe I just wrote that. The thing about UConn is, it was done in a fashion that I’m not sure can be replicated so easily. They did catch some breaks (I will never say they were lucky because that’s totally weak). Hurley was able to capitalize on SU being down and recruit circles around JB. Not too dissimilar to what Calhoun did to JB after the first probation. UConn could be the lone northeast power now and dominate for years. Again, we could literally be BC.

So, this timing is crucial. Can Red get it done? I think that’s why a lot of people would’ve preferred a Sean Miller. He probably would’ve been a terrific choice.

If you look at our fan base, alum base, and the City of Syracuse itself, there are no magical boosters that can keep is consistently competitive. I really hope I’m wrong, but I know the alumni base. This is not Alabama. Alums are northeastern elite types who care when we’re winning but aren’t about to spend foolishly when we’re losing. They’ll go see the Yankees instead.

Not sure where this all takes us. Hopefully, Red can pull a Hurley and not a BC

This could not be more false about the staff not being close to the players. Especially this group of coaches and this group of players. You’re completely wrong
Believe what you want. There are people out there that have known for weeks that Edwards was going to go and get his bag . But the staff finds out last night? Yeah, sure sounds like they are tight...

False

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors