Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care he took the bag just shut your mouth on the way out. He can simply decline the interview and move on. Instead he wanted to run his mouth on the way out. Screw him the only thing I hope for him is his health beyond that he gets no love from me.

This post comes from a time warp perspective, ie; Freshman Jesse.
We are losing a good college player who's gotten better every year. IMO, he has a legit shot at the Association, and definitely will get paid to play somewhere.
But...he's not irreplaceable which was my original point. We'll find an adequate replacement if things fall into place. But to suggest we won't be losing a big piece is patently ridiculous. JMHO
well the reality is that so few college players are really at the standard needed these days even though they are getting major playing time...so odds are whomever replaces Jesse will be a downgrade. still doesnt mean he doesnt have a lot of areas to improve/weakness to his game. I think we basically agree.

it used to be you had to wait and develop your game and then get playing time as a junior or senior...now its 40 min/game for freshman learning on the job...to me, thats the biggest reason the porduct has nosedived...but no one seems to really acknowledge that obvious fact...or at least not in any widespread way.

players are thrust into roles before they are ready as the new norm and go pro before they are ready for that, too. of course the product is going to suffer on the floor.

that's why portal players vastly outperformed top 100 freshman last season.

Jesse will probably finally be ready to be really good next season in his 5th year of NCAA...just in time to help another school.

For close to seven figures. I would’ve left too. Who among us would not have taken the money

For sure. I'd respect it more if he had a cigar and shades vs how he handled his responses. You just landed nearly a mil. Look forward.

For close to seven figures. I would’ve left too. Who among us would not have taken the money
Agreed. Wouldn’t have lied and acted like a mealy mouthed punk about it, though.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."
He’s burning bridges left and right on the way out the door.

If it was half a mill vs 700 or 800K, then no, I would’ve stayed at Cuse. It’s one year and either way you’re getting paid a boatload of money. He’ll make millions more playing pro ball over the next 10 years in Europe. Everyone says he wanted to come back hut Pops wanted him to cash in.

Last edited:
I get all that and he was a good player and a good guy but give me a break on being all happy for Jesse leaving. We are a beat down fan base that hates the current system created by brain dead morons in charge of the future of college sports. Why don’t they just insert Brent Axe into whatever is the most powerful position in college sports Is. He was overwhelmingly in favor of all these wonderful new rules.
This makes me happy.

Here’s my very unpopular opinion. Jesse is way overrated. He gets moved off his spot on both ends on the court extremely easily.

His rebounding numbers are unbelievably inflated because last years starting forwards were statues.

Get me a more physical defensive center who can hedge and retreat and I think we’re in better shape at the 5.

We are not zoning next year. We needs a guy who can chase a bit more.
That’s great. When you have a better option waiting, which we don’t. So when Hima, Patterson, Brown, Carey, et al, are getting abused, we will be pining for Jesse.
Very short sighted by NIL/BOT/Sevyrud. Their irrational arrogance and holier than thou attitude toward the new world has precipitated the downfall of SU as a program that matters in college FB and BB. The money put into the Dome will be wasted if they won’t spend what needs to be spent on NIL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors