Jesse Edwards returning | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards returning

Given that he has three years eligibility left, would he be prepared to sit behind Buddy for a year? Get 10-15 minutes between the 2 and 3 and then take Buddy's starting spot in 2022? If he really really wants to come home, maybe.

with the current situation in cbb...no one of any value is going to go to a team that doesnt have an opening at either guard position or, hopefully, the small forward spot.

its just not happening with the current landscape of college basketball in 2021.

Given that he has three years eligibility left, would he be prepared to sit behind Buddy for a year? Get 10-15 minutes between the 2 and 3 and then take Buddy's starting spot in 2022? If he really really wants to come home, maybe.
I mean sure, maybe, but this seems like a pretty definite request.
He’s going to go somewhere that will allow him to play major minutes next season. That should be just about anywhere in the country, but — since Powell holds all the cards at the moment — there’s really no need for him to make a decision until he’s 100 percent sure about the situation he’s stepping into.

I don’t agree with the party, but we’ve had our coach and university lobby for players who’ve committed pretty heavy crimes and people on here defend them, I don’t think what they did was smart, but making them out to be awful people and saying good riddance? Come on.
The difference is that this endangered the team. Most athletes make this a line not to be crossed. They can screw up their own life but not take down the team. Furthermore, there are indications that they talk shade against the program. If that is the case the sooner they leave the better.

The difference is that this endangered the team. Most athletes make this a line not to be crossed. They can screw up their own life but not take down the team. Furthermore, there are indications that they talk shade against the program. If that is the case the sooner they leave the better.
So punching women in the face is better. Noted.

So punching women in the face is better. Noted.
My point is not that a party is more aggrevious. My point is that this party is more than meets the eye.

I don’t agree with the party, but we’ve had our coach and university lobby for players who’ve committed pretty heavy crimes and people on here defend them, I don’t think what they did was smart, but making them out to be awful people and saying good riddance? Come on.
Ordinarily, I'd agree with giving young kids a break. But I read about the players' party in a thread on this forum and on the newspaper web site and there is more to the story than just kids making a dumb mistake. If the reports are accurate, one of them was live streaming parts of the party, lots of alcohol was involved, and one or more players were joking about transferring out (or maybe it wasn't joking) during the live stream. An earlier thread on here indicated that, at the time of the party, one of the players had already been in isolation because of COVID. So if the reports are accurate, it was more than just a dumb mistake.

Pretty excited that he has 3 years left in the program. Would think we have him for at least 2 of those. Wonder what we can expect from him in terms of adding weight each season. I used to think these kids would be able to put on 10 lbs a year fairly easily and then Marek added 10lbs in 4 years so now I don't know what to expect.

I'm not saying he's going to be as good, but I definitely see some parallels to Seikaly. Raw, still learning the game but you can see the potential there.

Seikaly was not a JB discovery though. Just some kid who happened to be on campus and showed up to walk-on tryouts. Incredible story that likely would never happen today.

Seikaly was not a JB discovery though. Just some kid who happened to be on campus and showed up to walk-on tryouts. Incredible story that likely would never happen today.

And JB got him to sign a commitment letter on the spot before other coaches knew who he was.

I think he had a cousin who invited to the campus.

Here's a video with Rony telling his story.

I played in a rec league when I lived in West Palm Beach, we were playing against a team that had some guys who just dominated the league, our team was solid but we’re down around 15, I was winded when I saw this man walk into the gym ducking as he walked through the door, I go to my buddy on the other team, “who invited Rony Seikaly”, come to find out he was late and played for them, me being the only guy on my team with any sort of height at 6’6”, probably 6’7” then, of course had to guard him. Tried to play defense once on him and had a sack of nuts on my chin, after that he was free to do whatever he wanted underneath the rest of the game. Dude was a dead ringer for Rony, he has a doppelgänger.

Pretty excited that he has 3 years left in the program. Would think we have him for at least 2 of those. Wonder what we can expect from him in terms of adding weight each season. I used to think these kids would be able to put on 10 lbs a year fairly easily and then Marek added 10lbs in 4 years so now I don't know what to expect.
I dunno, I thought Edwards came back with some more muscle after last offseason. I'm moderately confident he'll continue to add strength and good weight.

Don't sleep on Jesse. It's starting to click and if he adds 15-20 lbs he has the tools and size to be a force. His ceiling is really high. No need to over hype or get too crazy but if his development speeds up as his confidence has grown he could surprise and be more than just a complementary piece.

Don't sleep on Jesse. It's starting to click and if he adds 15-20 lbs he has the tools and size to be a force. His ceiling is really high. No need to over hype or get too crazy but if his development speeds up as his confidence has grown he could surprise and be more than just a complementary piece.
I have high hope too. He had flashes in his freshman year where he showed some offensive skills, and there were some games in the tourney this year when his defense was pretty darn good. A lot of it was just being in the right place and being tall, but it was effective.

Jessie has potential to be one of the biggest defensive disrupters in the conference. He is 7 feet with very long arms. He can score a bit too. A little more strength and he will finish much better around the rim and rebound better. I think he has huge upside for next years team.

I have high hope too. He had flashes in his freshman year where he showed some offensive skills, and there were some games in the tourney this year when his defense was pretty darn good. A lot of it was just being in the right place and being tall, but it was effective.

He could be our Rudy Gobert if things worked out well. That isn't saying he is or will ever be even within a light year of that talent level but in terms of shot blocking, rebounding, wingspan is just an inch less and having some skills offensively.

To me that piece of the puzzle goes a long ways in terms of increasing this teams ceiling.

I'm not saying he's going to be as good, but I definitely see some parallels to Seikaly. Raw, still learning the game but you can see the potential there.
Yeah, but he doesn't raise his legs when he dunks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom