Jim B. quote | Syracusefan.com

Jim B. quote

Mstumpy50

Scout Team
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim refused to discuss Ennis' decision or the impact his departure will have on the Orange next season.
"He did a great job here,'' Boeheim said. "We're very proud of him. We'll move on.''

Very happy for Tyler Ennis and hope he does great. Can't help but think that some of Jim B's NBA draft slot chatter last week was directed across Tyler's bow because I don't think he has the body to compete with the guys Coach B. has during his summers with USA basketball. Hope he is way off however.....

Last edited:
Not much else to say other than "Thanks and Good Luck"

I think coach is hurt by this one. He didn't expect Tyler to be a one and done guy. We backed off a second guard for next years class, now we will have to scramble to get a juco or flip another combo guard recruit.
Agreed. Especially with it coming so quick.

this decision was not totally out of the blue. hopefully JB had already weighed his options and has a plan B firmly in place.

It would appear that Tyler's choice goes almost directly against what JB's advice to him was.
Interesting.

I do get the sense that JB is bothered by this one. I could be totally wrong. But it just seems like in this instance, he may not agree with the decision.

i think we got major lucky this year with an unknown frosh PG playing 40 mpg. frankly i don't want to roll those dice twice.

Just guessing, Cuse wasn't prepared for Ennis to be here only one year and are now a little unprepared for next year. Were expecting 2 years out of Ennis and they know Joseph is not where he needs to be and we currently have no backup plan. Next year was supposed to be the year Ennis trained Joseph and then left for Joseph to then run things for a year. Just my 2 cents.

Just guessing, Cuse wasn't prepared for Ennis to be here only one year and are now a little unprepared for next year. Were expecting 2 years out of Ennis and they know Joseph is not where he needs to be and we currently have no backup plan. Next year was supposed to be the year Ennis trained Joseph and then left for Joseph to then run things for a year. Just my 2 cents.

I think the coaching staff was unprepared for Mcw leaving, but we caught lighting in a bottle with Ennis. I think they are stunned that Ennis is leaving, and know Joseph isn't Ennis.

You can probably throw MCW in to the mix. I always thought the plan was

'13-14: MCW with Ennis as back up.
'14-15: Ennis with KJ2 as back up.

I think the coaching staff was unprepared for Mcw leaving, but we caught lighting in a bottle with Ennis. I think they are stunned that Ennis is leaving, and know Joseph isn't Ennis.

Have to disagree with you on that. Everyone pretty much knew if MCW had a breakout Soph year he was gone. I think that's what sold Ennis on coming to SU cause he was going to be the new sheriff in town at PG.

Have to disagree with you on that. Everyone pretty much knew if MCW had a breakout Soph year he was gone. I think that's what sold Ennis on coming to SU cause he was going to be the new sheriff in town at PG.

He wasn't having a breakout season until the tournament, I think Jb thought he was coming back.

Deano said:

Correct.

He wasn't having a breakout season until the tournament, I think Jb thought he was coming back.

he was great in the non conference, by the start of big east play there was no doubt mcw was a goner.

I may be mistaken, but wasn't JB caught off guard and subsequently upset when Jonny Flynn went to the NBA? Regardless, I hope Tyler has better luck and more success than Jonny.

Does anyone else think this puts more pressure on Jerami to go pro? I'm inclined to think it does.