Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Buddy, Jimmy, & Cole walk into The Melo & tell Joe “it’s us 3 vs you & whoever”.

Joe, without hesitation, says “Give me Ben & Gerry”.
tenor.gif

Are there really people who expected Quincy to return after he declared? I always thought that it was pretty obvious that he'd end up playing in Europe next year.
Yes there are, though I am not one of them.

I don't see Q not starting if he returns. And that's a big IF. He is the only physical kid on the team that can rebound. In that scenario the forward position is a little crowded with Swider and Benny who you know will both get their minutes. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Sidibe doesn't pan out, maybe they go with 3 forwards.

The other big news coming out this week on Sidibe is fantastic. if he can return close to 100% it certainly could be another game changer for the team.

After the initial disappointment of the transfers leaving, SU has recovered nicely...

Are there really people who expected Quincy to return after he declared? I always thought that it was pretty obvious that he'd end up playing in Europe next year.
Jimmy was recruiting him during the post season, saying if healthy, he could be an All American. Him and Benny with Cole and Jimmy off the bench would be pretty good.
Cole/Benny can slide up to the 2 at times as well.

Jimmy is a good player. I like this addition. I know people like to make jokes but he can shoot and has good size. He is a smart player and I don't watch a lot of Cornell but I feel like he is an underrated passer and he has really good shot selection. He is not going to start over Quincy is he comes back of course. He is not the most athletic kid. I really wish we had Kadary back because I think Jimmy at the wing wouldn't be an issue as much if we didn't have Joe up top. If Quincy doesn't come back I think Benny, Cole and Jimmy makes a nice 3 forward rotation. We are never going to be great at defense with Joe so if we have a bunch of guys that can shoot and we outscore people that could be successful. No matter who plays we will have 4 3 point shooters out there. It will also help with Symir not being the best shooter if both wings are can space the floor.

Jimmy is a good player. I like this addition. I know people like to make jokes but he can shoot and has good size. He is a smart player and I don't watch a lot of Cornell but I feel like he is an underrated passer and he has really good shot selection. He is not going to start over Quincy is he comes back of course. He is not the most athletic kid. I really wish we had Kadary back because I think Jimmy at the wing wouldn't be an issue as much if we didn't have Joe up top. If Quincy doesn't come back I think Benny, Cole and Jimmy makes a nice 3 forward rotation. We are never going to be great at defense with Joe so if we have a bunch of guys that can shoot and we outscore people that could be successful. No matter who plays we will have 4 3 point shooters out there. It will also help with Symir not being the best shooter if both wings are can space the floor.
Agree with everything, but while we have a bunch of shooters which is never bad, do we have anybody who looks to pass first or is even an above average passer? Anybody who can get into the passing lanes on defense or recover from a missed rotation? This could end up being a big disaster.

Will there be hats?

Yes. He'll start out the press conference with two SU hats in front of him on the podium -- one from Shirt World, and one from Manny's.

Jimmy will then begin to reach for the overpriced hat from Shirt World, only to knock it off the podium while someone shouts "F Jacobs!!!" from the assembled crowed, and triumphantly don the higher quality hat that cost less money at Manny's.

End scene.

Yes. He'll start out the press conference with two SU hats in front of him on the podium -- one from Shirt World, and one from Manny's.

Jimmy will then begin to reach for the overpriced hat from Shirt World, only to knock it off the podium while someone shouts "F Jacobs!!!" from the assembled crowed, and triumphantly don the higher quality hat that cost less money at Manny's.

End scene.
And even more improbably, shows his receipt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom