Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Strong as in “top 25 for much of the year, in competition for the ACC title, and say...a top 6 seed in the dance” type of strong? Curious at just how strong you’re thinking at this point.

We have some questions marks, but so does every other team in the conference. I think the league may be even worse than this season.

Full interview if anyone missed it and wasn't able to watch. Welcome home Jimmy!!! Can't wait to watch you ball out for your senior season in the Dome!
Unknown.jpeg

It's just not true. He was fantastic the last 10 games or so, but he struggled mightily at different points of his career (including this past year) and got much more minutes and shots than others in his situation have.
The amount of shots you get under JB is 100% associated with his confidence that you can hit it a good clip. Every player. Son or not.

Long leash because JB was confident he’d hit them. He then did.

Who else in program history had that kind of green light? Answer: there were a bunch and they all could shoot.

That may be impossible
I don’t think it is. The league appears to be in a bit of a transition.

Florida State should be the best team in the league. They have the number 3 recruiting class in the country.

After that the jury is out. UNC needs to adjust to a new coach and has a ton of roster holes.

UVA has huge roster holes with kids transferring as they suddenly don’t want to wait a year.

I have zero idea what’s going on at Louisville, but their assistant coaches left, players have transferred and decommitted.

Georgia Tech’s best chance to do damage was last year.

I know people will be all over Duke, but they have no point guard and it’s not easy winning with freshmen if they aren’t consensus top 10 guys.

Last edited:
I am thrilled that Jimmy is joining the team! Buddy is arguably the best player on the team and Jimmy will make some nice contributions as well. More than anything, I like this for our Hall of Fame Coach. Jim Boeheim is the reason I love Syracuse basketball. This is a storybook ending to his career and I hope it is a successful final chapter. I am very optimistic about our team next season. This may be the best shooting team that SU has ever had. I am preparing for a deep Tourney run in '22!
I love this take. I think Coach has earned this special season after all he has done for SU and for us, the fans. He has been a pivotal creator of moments of magic, frustration, defiance, and so, so many memories. I hope it ends in fairy tale fashion because, gentle listeners, this is a movie in the making if it plays out right.

I wonder if Jimmy is going to California with Buddy this summer to work with that trainer that was mentioned during the tourney.

Do we need a fourth forward? Jimmy could back up both Swider and Willaims or it could be a rotation. Same with the backcourt. And we have three centers. Plus another scholarship guy in Chaz Owens. JB said he's still recruiting both the portal and high schools. I wonder where he wants to bring someone in.

It’s like people forget that he had Covid.
He had Covid his Freshman year? And if he's struggling with covid this year, why keep playing him 39 minutes/game at that point? Let him recover and boost his minutes if/when he hits his stride.
Maybe he gave him all those minutes and shots so he can help recruit Jimmy

Last edited:
Do we need a fourth forward? Jimmy could back up both Swider and Willaims or it could be a rotation. Same with the backcourt. And we have three centers. Plus another scholarship guy in Chaz Owens. JB said he's still recruiting both the portal and high schools. I wonder where he wants to bring someone in.

my guess is a slasher 3 to replace griffin.

I humbly submit that a college basketball program should always have at least 4 scholarship guards, 4 scholarship forwards, and 2 scholarship centers so that you can run 5 on 5 in practices and everyone is matched up and competing against a player that isn't a walkon.

I humbly submit that a college basketball program should always have at least 4 scholarship guards, 4 scholarship forwards, and 2 scholarship centers so that you can run 5 on 5 in practices and everyone is matched up and competing against a player that isn't a walkon.

we will

Good luck to Jimmy.

Next years team will have good chemistry and be fun to watch.

Even though we might have pushed out our best 2 players. Or... maybe because of that.

I don’t think it is. The league appears to be in a bit of a transition.

Florida State should be the best team in the league. They have the number 3 recruiting class in the country.

After that the jury is out. UNC needs to adjust to a new coach and has a ton of roster holes.

UVA has huge roster holes with kids transferring as they suddenly don’t want to wait a year.

I have zero idea what’s going on at Louisville, but their assistant coaches left, players have transferred and decommitted.

Georgia Tech’s best chance to do damage was last year.

I know people will be all over Duke, but they have no point guard and it’s not easy winning with freshmen if they aren’t consensus top 10 guys.

ACC wasn't great this year so there is no reason anyone should intimidated by the league next year. We should expect at least 12 wins in conference.

Losing the Big Ten game and then 2-3 games in the Bahamas and possibly a loss somewhere else prior to the start of conference play is what I'd be more worried.

This is such a great storyline and an awesome way for JB to cap off his legendary career (not that I think he’s leaving after his sons graduate...he’ll continue for several more years unless the wheels come off). I’m just going to try to think of next season as a great storyline and a really special experience for JB that he most definitively deserves after 45 years on the sideline and all that he’s given to the school, the team and its fans. I’m sure many of us will still complain next season when our defense is Notre Dame-level bad (or close to it) and point out how much better we’d be with Richmond at PG at the top of the zone and Joe coming off the bench. But I still think we’ll have a chance to be a skilled offensive team that shoots the ball really well. We’re not gonna be world beaters by any stretch, but if Bourama and Jesse can be solid at the center spot, we have a chance to avoid being on the bubble on selection Sunday and could end up in the 7-10 seed range. Then we can try to do some damage in the tourney and hopefully make another Sweet 16 run. That would be incredible for JB and his sons and for all of Syracuse. I’ll be rooting hard for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom