Jimmy | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
COPELAND WONT PLAY!

how can you guys watch the last 3 years and think anyone would be playing except Buddy and Joe. Like what reality are you living in.
Copeland is a 3star around 150 in the class. He won't play a lot. He will spell people slightly and hopefully bring defense. If Benny plays more and bunch plays we will have better wing defense which will help with buddy and joe

Surprised Pink GIF

Portal PG
Buddy
Benny
Jimmy
Jesse

Joe
Best freshman forward
Frank

I’d sign up for that.

But we won’t get that.

Here's the addition to that - even if we got that... its still the buddy and benny show shooting like 40% of the shots next year.

Its not a recalibration of the offense to go to Jesse. Its not off ball Joe sprinting around defenses. It's the same show it is this year.

Sorry, just going to follow this up.

I did this for the player-that-shall-not-be-named against Joe last year when it was readily apparent who was a better PG.

Here is Jesse v Jimmy - bigs comparison. One we almost lost and one we are fighting for an extra year for. I don't consider this a straw man because these are our two bigs that play. Shots for one is less shots for the other. If you disagree, so be it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

PER
Jesse: 25.5 (#1 one by a long shot)
Jimmy: 18.3

TS%
Jesse: .683
Jimmy: .546

eFG
Jesse: .698
Jimmy: .536 (lower than TS because he hasnt been hitting FTs)

USG%
Jesse: 17.8%
Jimmy: 21.4%

WS/40
Jesse: .189
Jimmy: .117

OBPM
Jesse: 3.2
Jimmy: 4.2

DBPM
Jesse: 3.2 (#1 out of the players that play)
Jimmy: -0.5 (second worst out of the players that play)

BPM
Jesse: 6.4 (#1 by a country mile)
Jimmy: 4.2

FGA/Game
Jesse: 6.6
Jimmy: 12.0 (#2, behind his brother)

PPG
Jesse: 11.8
Jimmy: 14.8

These are our two bigs and Frank plays sometimes. Cole and Benny are wings.

I don't know what to say. Jesse is the only thing saving us remotely on defense. He's by far our most efficient offensive player and we are clamoring to bring back Jimmy when we should be pivoting our focus to other players.

Did you just prove Jesse was better than Jimmy? I don’t think you needed all those numbers to do that. I don’t think anyone would have disagreed.

Copeland is a 3star around 150 in the class. He won't play a lot. He will spell people slightly and hopefully bring defense. If Benny plays more and bunch plays we will have better wing defense which will help with buddy and joe
*blinks*

yeah, I just disagree. We need to move forward with guards that can guard someone. This isn’t, hasn’t, and won’t work.

Logically can someone explain how this would be possible? (I know we're dealing with the NCAA so logic don't always come into play) But help me with the math on this. (I know math is hard too) Paraphasing here...players were given a "free" year for last year, the covid year because I guess the powers that be thought maybe the athletes were "missing out" due to not having the full ncaa experience (fans, parents, students at the games). Jimmy didn't play that year but even if he did he still would of had eligibilty to play this year. And prior to the covid year he played 3 full years. So he played 4 full years in 5 calender years. Where is the reasoning for another year. He didn't "miss out" because he didn't play during the covid year.

Here's the addition to that - even if we got that... its still the buddy and benny show shooting like 40% of the shots next year.

Its not a recalibration of the offense to go to Jesse. Its not off ball Joe sprinting around defenses. It's the same show it is this year.
Yup. When I listed what I listed, I was thinking of normal things like the guard and forward off the bench playing like 20-25 mpg, and the stud senior center being the go to guy, and like you said….Joe doing a lot of things off the ball.

But yeah, that won’t happen.

Did you just prove Jesse was better than Jimmy? I don’t think you needed all those numbers to do that. I don’t think anyone would have disagreed.

It's that the offense still revolves around Jimmy even tho Jesse is far and away much better. And that if we are clamoring to bring back Jimmy, it will stay the same. I'm glad we can all agree that Jesse is better, all of us except our head coach.

Logically can someone explain how this would be possible? (I know we're dealing with the NCAA so logic don't always come into play) But help me with the math on this. (I know math is hard too) Paraphasing here...players were given a "free" year for last year, the covid year because I guess the powers that be thought maybe the athletes were "missing out" due to not having the full ncaa experience (fans, parents, students at the games). Jimmy didn't play that year but even if he did he still would of had eligibilty to play this year. And prior to the covid year he played 3 full years. So he played 4 full years in 5 calender years. Where is the reasoning for another year. He didn't "miss out" because he didn't play during the covid year.

Every student athlete who played in 2019-20 was allowed to play a 5th year.

Except Ivy League kids who were denied their 2020-21 seasons when the Ivy League shut down. As you said, Jimmy only got to play 4 years.

I hear we may add a 6’9” forward who is averaging 15 ppg shooting nearly 50% from the field and 40% from 3 who grabs 6 boards a game. Sounds pretty good, right?
I prefer having the 6'11 Center who can actually play Defense and shooting 70% from the field getting those shots.
What was getting me through this year was the thought that we could finally start fresh next year and not have the least athletic team in D-1 again. I dread watching this team again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom