JJ’s comparison (he’s on our bench) | Syracusefan.com

JJ’s comparison (he’s on our bench)

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
JJ’s game reminds me a lot of Allen Griffin’s. Allen wasn’t the best shooter but he developed into a strong lead guard and had a great senior season. JJ can do the same, even without a consistent jump shot.

He’s better than griff and he’s still young. He reminds me of Gbinije. Just need to get him to R-SR Gbinjie by January for this team to be NCAA caliber.

He’s better than griff and he’s still young. He reminds me of Gbinije. Just need to get him to R-SR Gbinjie by January for this team to be NCAA caliber.
Good comparison because they are both elite athletes and can get to the rim.

JJ’s game reminds me a lot of Allen Griffin’s. Allen wasn’t the best shooter but he developed into a strong lead guard and had a great senior season. JJ can do the same, even without a consistent jump shot.
If he was allegedly a good shooter before Brey went all tonya Harding on him then he needs to spend the off-season from march thru Columbus day fixing his shot.

And bring back the witch’s broom while you’re at it.

Judah Mintz

Was going to say the same thing. They have very similar games.

I think [believe?] that JJ has better shooting upside compared to Judah, but his mechanics look jacked up compared to high school. Shoulder injury still impacting him?

So his shooting form is way different than it was in HS. He holds the ball way out in front of his body rather than rising through the ball with his body. I think this reflects his shoulder injury and is form that usually comes from instability in the joint (I have this issue personally)

So his shooting form is way different than it was in HS. He holds the ball way out in front of his body rather than rising through the ball with his body. I think this reflects his shoulder injury and is form that usually comes from instability in the joint (I have this issue personally)
It’s Markelle Fultz like.

Notre Dame botched his shoulder surgery..I think it’s more mental than anything at this point though.

His surgery was on his knee for a meniscus. He hurt both shoulders and had them taped but I don’t believe he had any surgery on them.

He had shoulder surgery also..

I honestly don’t remember that. He hurt both shoulders and had them wrapped half the season and had meniscus surgery but I don’t recall any shoulder surgery.

If he was allegedly a good shooter before Brey went all tonya Harding on him then he needs to spend the off-season from march thru Columbus day fixing his shot.
Allegedly? He was a very good shooter in high school. He’s still working his way back from his shoulder and knee injuries.

I watched JJ at Bville in high school when he dropped 37 in the sectional semi final. I specifically remember telling myself his shot looked good no hitch or anything like that. Was there changes in is shooting form? Does he talk about that at all.

I watched JJ at Bville in high school when he dropped 37 in the sectional semi final. I specifically remember telling myself his shot looked good no hitch or anything like that. Was there changes in is shooting form? Does he talk about that at all.
I posted a link above to Bees and in it JJ talks somewhat about the injury to his shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom