JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

No disrespect to JJ, but Judah was by far the better player last year. It’s a bit weird to me to see so many analysts say JJ is ranked ahead of him. It appears they’re still looking at last years recruiting rankings.
I can see it (both are excellent). Starling's game is more well-rounded. He has a better jumper and he can get it off on his own (and from much greater range). He is also a bit more inclusive of others with the ball in his hands.

Judah's more spectacular and sports elite athleticism (no shade on Starling intended!). The jumper is trending well, but not to J.J.'s level when healthy. Judah is also better going to the hoop (might be nation's best among guards), but again, don't sleep on J.J. there.

What'll be interesting, to me, is who is a better defender? I think they'll both be well above grade, but have to see it. Should be fun.

Starling was even worse on D for Notre Dame. I think he’s going to get better, but the expectations for JJ are through the roof right now. He has yet to perform to the level that people in this board expect from him. I think he can, but he hasn’t yet.
I hope Lampkin works, but the conversation about him and Maliq is eerily similar to the conversation about Girard and JJ last offseason. I need to see it to believe it. We keep downgrading. I think Red needs to bring in someone who can coach defense because all of these guys are pathetically bad on that end.

I hope Lampkin works, but the conversation about him and Maliq is eerily similar to the conversation about Girard and JJ last offseason. I need to see it to believe it. We keep downgrading. I think Red needs to bring in someone who can coach defense because all of these guys are pathetically bad on that end.
Did you just answer yourself in a thread about someone else in order to make the same point you are making in other threads about Lampkin?

Did you just answer yourself in a thread about someone else in order to make the same point you are making in other threads about Lampkin?

I think it's a great point.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic about a player or coach or really anything to do with the program. But too many people lash out at those that might not have the same viewpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom