JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

I agree but I’d rather have 4*/ 5* talent with a rookie head coach than 3* talent with a veteran coach. Jimmys and Joes >>> Xs and Os.
That’s an interesting take. Not sure I agree, but it’s a valid point

I wonder if JG3 would accept a diminished role/coaching internship role with the team?

In week 1 of HCAA he’s:

Snagged JJ Starling from the portal
Visited Elijah Moore
Visited Boogie Fland
Visited Jalil Bathea
Visited Thomas Sorber

AM I DREAMING??!!?
Sure is nice to have the head man leading the way and not putting his assistants behind the 8-ball on the trail. The recruiting wins will come with the work being put in from top to bottom.

Benny is a prime example. He might flourish under an uptempo offense.. We know he has potential. He just needs confidence in his abilities.

Also Benny really started to show up as a threat to catch and shoot late season. Pair that with being more uptempo and he becomes much more valuable playing with multiple guards that can get to the rim at will.

I have no doubt Red is going to upgrade the talent level. What he does with it will be the challenge.

Great Friggin Start!
I agree. I think there’s more to come. And if John Scheyer, who has less experience than Red, can make the transition to head coach, surely Red has a good shot at it. I get that Duke has (and probably always will have) more talent, but we should be able to compete for lots of top 100 talent in that second tier of well-resourced programs. Red also has many years of deep relationships all along the East Coast. New Jersey will hopefully open up now that JB is gone and the anger over Roberson’s treatment is in the rearview mirror. And isn’t one of Red’s closest friends basically the most influential guy in the DMV-Baltimore recruiting area?

As you said, it’s a great freakin start!

As mentioned, the board’s going to be pleasantly surprised with how this Spring and Summer develops :)
Go On Coach GIF by Apple TV+

Amazing news. So the story behind the story is Boeheim was holding us back for these types of recruits/portal guys?

I'm trying to decipher how in less than a week we're suddenly cooking again with 5 stars. I guess his "last few days were better than the past 47" was something...
He did get Cole Swider and Darius Bazely and Judah Mintz….

I wonder if JG3 would accept a diminished role/coaching internship role with the team?
I want Joe to comeback just for the heartburn it would cause some here

At a practical level if Minitz leaves you need the points. If Minitz stays the only way it works is if Joe accepts being the 3rd guard to bring experience and scoring punch off the bench.

Really? I’m not correct? JJ is an upgrade over Judah Mintz? Or is that just a dumb throwaway comment? Please answer the question; is JJ Starling and upgrade over Judah?
Your not correct. It's a false choice. JJ does not mean Mintz leaves and the completement each other. If Mintz leaves then we have to replace him regardless with someone and JJ is a great option. If he stays which seems very possible we have a great back court.

You have to wonder if Bazley had come here and a few others how things would have turned out in the end. We see how dynamic a guy like Filipowski has been for Duke and we were right there until the end to get him.

You have to wonder if Bazley had come here and a few others how things would have turned out in the end. We see how dynamic a guy like Filipowski has been for Duke and we were right there until the end to get him.
Meh. we didn’t get them though for various reasons.

We made terrible roster decisions for about 5 years now. Hopefully that era is over and we can move into the portal age

I want Joe to comeback just for the heartburn it would cause some here

At a practical level if Minitz leaves you need the points. If Minitz stays the only way it works is if Joe accepts being the 3rd guard to bring experience and scoring punch off the bench.

Don't think it will cause the heartburn you hope if he did. Joe coming back would mean he is buying into a likely much different role as a 5th year guy which is still a win for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom