JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues

I think there is much confusion because people look at who plays a sport as a sign of who watches a sport..

in the US how many watch fball who never played the sport vs how many watch soccer vs who played soccer

Other parts of the world its a culture.. Inside the US its not.

Soccer is basically 20 punts a game fball 50% of the games.

I played just enough soccer to enjoy it and I do watch the bigger events. But its way behind the other sports unless its the really big event.
I couldn't agree more. And, for the life of me, I'll never get the soccer deal.

About a month back or so, my wife was offered 4 tickets to a Charlotte FC game at BoA Stadium here in Charlotte against Montreal. My mid-twenties nephew is pretty into it, so she was taking him along with our teenage niece...I reluctantly tagged along.

Good lord...I was bored out of my mind, and yes, the game ended in a 0-0 draw. It's a complete disconnect for me how so many folks can get so excited during a game with simply 'an almost,' or potential of something happening 99% of time. Only for that moment to quickly vanish, and, the reality of nothing truly happening at all.
I think there is much confusion because people look at who plays a sport as a sign of who watches a sport..

in the US how many watch fball who never played the sport vs how many watch soccer vs who played soccer

Other parts of the world its a culture.. Inside the US its not.

Soccer is basically 20 punts a game fball 50% of the games.

I played just enough soccer to enjoy it and I do watch the bigger events. But its way behind the other sports unless its the really big event.
Places like England most cities have a team.
There is nothing to compare to the world cup.
The people in the stands go nuts, was in England in 1996 when they one the World Cup.
I' ve been to many games of different sports in my life, nothing compares to that.
Played at the highest level it is a great sport.

Hey mods, do we have a “sport of the future” forum that we can dump half of this thread into?

We do have an Ice Cream of the Future...

562983411_c118c58469_o-d0d41b5d032991f73428c84fb9d93b3e1784ccc0.jpg

I think the best case scenario is that capacity goes down by about 12% (50K to 44K).

That means every row that has season ticket holders in it is going to get shrunk by about 12%.

Where will those poor people go?

They will go to the next row back.

The second row also loses 12% capacity so about 24% of the people now in the second row will be in the third row.

The third row will have about 36% displacement to the fourth row,

By the time we get to the eighth row, best case maybe 4%of the people now in that row will still be there.

The distance one is displaced gets worse as your season tickets get further from the court side seats near center court.

By the time you get to the back of the sections near center court on the 100 level, people are going to be displaced by about 4 rows.

Now this assumes everyone keeps their season tickets. I suspect some are going to be so dismayed by the displacement that they will choose to give their seats up. But I doubt much of this happens on the 100 level. So it might not be quite as bad. But again, the powers that be are talking about giving the people with the best season tickets the widest seats. So the displacement in these rows is likely going to be significantly worse than 12%.

Not sure how they will do the reseating process. I am hoping they do it by years one has been a a season ticket holder, so loyalty, the thing SUAD should prize above all else, gets rewarded most. By SUAD has bad records and has little idea how long anyone has been a season ticket holder, so unless they do a great job researching things, this is probably not an option.

I think they will likely go through all the sections on the lower deck first instead, going from the sections near center court towards the end lines one by one and do it that way.

And then do the same thing on the 200 level (assuming it survives; they have to be thinking about making some of all of the 200 level seats some kind of uber expensive premium seating. Maybe make them all private boxes. For the sake of the people sitting there today, I hope not.

And then I think they will do the same thing on the 300 level. Start from the 310 and 309 sections row A and go up from there.

I figure by the time they go to section 310, they will beassigning seats 2 sections worse than people have today. Maybe 3.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don’t think it is going to make much of a difference if you have aisle seats today. Now, they might ask you if you want aisle seats and if you say yes, you might be reseated behind a basket. If you say no, you might only end up sitting even with a baseline.

If they reduce capacity from 50K to 42K, or 40K, it just gets progressively worse.

To be fair to SUAD, there is no great way to do this. Most everyone is going to get worse seats. There is a price to be paid for migrating from the very narrow uncomfortable bench seats we have now and pretty much all of us are going to have to pay it.

It is quite unfortunate.
This looks like a job for AI. :confused:

One question I am still unclear on.

Will Syracuse be creating, as part of this, any additional "premium" seating options? What I mean is...if I can only get to a couple games a year, I may want to do something a little more enhanced. Maybe a dedicated lounge or a buffet. Maybe something with waitstaff. Maybe bigger seats. I don't know. Something though.

Right now there seems to be zero access to anything like that insofar as seating except for the Suites which are not available for purchase by regular people on a game by game basis.

I've heard something like this may be in the works, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.

Will Syracuse be creating, as part of this, any additional "premium" seating options? What I mean is...if I can only get to a couple games a year, I may want to do something a little more enhanced. Maybe a dedicated lounge or a buffet. Maybe something with waitstaff. Maybe bigger seats. I don't know. Something though.

Right now there seems to be zero access to anything like that insofar as seating except for the Suites which are not available for purchase by regular people on a game by game basis.

I've heard something like this may be in the works, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.

This would seem to be a perfect opportunity for the 200 level, but I understand why they wouldn't do it due to needing to relocate a good chunk of season ticket holders from great seats, specifically for basketball.

The answer to your question is yes.

Phase two’s announcement represents the latest milestone in a multimillion-dollar, multiyear effort, which began in 2018, to reimagine the stadium experience. Phase two will build on this momentum with the installation of upgraded seating and the introduction of new premium offerings throughout the venue.

Soccer is the quickest sport to finish a game in real time and has no timeouts.
Is that really why some like it?
When my daughter was little and trying different sports I let her try any sports she asked to try but she never asked to try soccer. I was elated. Although, I did have to spend some time and nieces and nephew games trying to act excited. Was excruciating.

With that said, everyone has their own preferences and I respect that.

Enough #kickball talk, yea I said it.

My sports attention span only has so much room and (un)fortunately soccer didn’t make the cut.

Now to figure out how to shrink capacity without pissing off 44% of the fan base

One thing Football needs to do is stop with all the long breaks. More in game ads, cut down interrupting the action and controlling when it starts again. It’s painful.
It’s horrible when you’re at the game. TV timeouts for college hoops are too. There’s little to no flow to so many games because of it.

When my daughter was little and trying different sports I let her try any sports she asked to try but she never asked to try soccer. I was elated. Although, I did have to spend some time and nieces and nephew games trying to act excited. Was excruciating.

I was the same way up until a few years ago, a flip switched in me for whatever reason and I fell in love with the game just like I did football when I was young.

No commercials is the biggest selling point.

One thing Football needs to do is stop with all the long breaks. More in game ads, cut down interrupting the action and controlling when it starts again. It’s painful.

Too

Many

Replays

I've said it before, but if you stop a game to replay a 3rd and 10 play where 1-3 yards was gained because you want to see precisely where the foot went out of bounds or if the receiver had possession, you've lost the plot. And you'll lose the fans.

Pete Sala stated in the press conference today that with a loss of three (3) seats per row after seat installation capacity will be between 42,000 and 43,000.
My row is only a 5 seats long. I expect it to reduced to 4 but we'll see. I have 3 seats and a relative has 2. If it goes to 4 I will give up 1.

My row is only a 5 seats long. I expect it to reduced to 4 but we'll see. I have 3 seats and a relative has 2. If it goes to 4 I will give up 1.
wont matter if you end up being moved 4-5 rows back anyway ? On reason to go to the email invites they sent out to have the discussions on future seatings i guess.

wont matter if you end up being moved 4-5 rows back anyway ? On reason to go to the email invites they sent out to have the discussions on future seatings i guess.
If I go one row back it won't matter but I think 2 rows back and then I am in a row with 30 seats... and I don't want that. I love my short row. I am not complaining. I will keep my current row and won't be unhappy to lose a seat. Kid is going to college next year and we will only really need 2 seats. I am not sure I got an email so will have to check.

Pete Sala stated in the press conference today that with a loss of three (3) seats per row after seat installation capacity will be between 42,000 and 43,000.
That is pretty sizable. I did some quick numbers. Looks like we are looking at about a 15% reduction in seats.

If that holds true for basketball (it might differ slightly), our capacity for hoops is going from about 34,500 to about 30,296 or so. I think we can still get over 30K but not much more.

That much of a decrease implies they have chosen wider seats than initially thought, at least for the lower section. Probably means they went with arm rests and cup holders between seats too, at least on the 100 level.

It will be interesting to get all the details sometime down the line.