JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless Dome Transformation Project Continues

If I go one row back it won't matter but I think 2 rows back and then I am in a row with 30 seats... and I don't want that. I love my short row. I am not complaining. I will keep my current row and won't be unhappy to lose a seat. Kid is going to college next year and we will only really need 2 seats. I am not sure I got an email so will have to check.
For football, displacement should be minor. I think you have a great chance to stay right where you are.

Basketball unfortunately is a very different situation.

That is pretty sizable. I did some quick numbers. Looks like we are looking at about a 15% reduction in seats.

If that holds true for basketball (it might differ slightly), our capacity for hoops is going from about 34,500 to about 30,296 or so. I think we can still get over 30K but not much more.

That much of a decrease implies they have chosen wider seats than initially thought, at least for the lower section. Probably means they went with arm rests and cup holders between seats too, at least on the 100 level.

It will be interesting to get all the details sometime down the line.

It will be interesting to see the final total.

UNC lost 19.3%. If we lost that much we would be at 39,600. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

If we only lose an 8th of capacity we are at 42,925. That would be a nice number.

While 15% is only 41,700.

That is pretty sizable. I did some quick numbers. Looks like we are looking at about a 15% reduction in seats.

If that holds true for basketball (it might differ slightly), our capacity for hoops is going from about 34,500 to about 30,296 or so. I think we can still get over 30K but not much more.

That much of a decrease implies they have chosen wider seats than initially thought, at least for the lower section. Probably means they went with arm rests and cup holders between seats too, at least on the 100 level.

It will be interesting to get all the details sometime down the line.

I think those numbers make more sense. More pressure on demand for tickets.

For football, displacement should be minor. I think you have a great chance to stay right where you are.

I don't think I will be displaced/relocated. I just think I could lose one of 3 seats..

Some Preferred A season ticket holders will get bumped to Preferred B.
B to C.
C to D.
And D will either get bumped into Steerage Class, or they will just expand the number of Preferred D seats to make it look like nobody got moved.

Which means that I will either get displaced, or I will have to pay more $$ to stay close to where I'm currently at.

(This is why I wanted SU to keep Boeheim for 1 more season. I figured we would play bad enough to drive away just enough season ticket holders to make the relocation process painless for everyone).

Some Preferred A season ticket holders will get bumped to Preferred B.
B to C.
C to D.
And D will either get bumped into Steerage Class, or they will just expand the number of Preferred D seats to make it look like nobody got moved.

Which means that I will either get displaced, or I will have to pay more $$ to stay close to where I'm currently at.

(This is why I wanted SU to keep Boeheim for 1 more season. I figured we would play bad enough to drive away just enough season ticket holders to make the relocation process painless for everyone).

No, we never need 34,000 for hoops or 49,000 for football.

Having around 30,000 and 42,000 or so seems like the right spot where demand meets optimum capacity.

I just really hope the crowd noise will stay the same...I have no idea for sure, but it seems like all the metal bleachers would reflect noise back to the field. Now with plastic, I just hope it doesn't absorb too much and we lose some advantage

I just really hope the crowd noise will stay the same...I have no idea for sure, but it seems like all the metal bleachers would reflect noise back to the field. Now with plastic, I just hope it doesn't absorb too much and we lose some advantage

I think the hard roof has amped up the volume by quite a bit.

I don't think the change in seats will have as big an impact.