Joe’s sloppy handle this season | Syracusefan.com

Joe’s sloppy handle this season

Cuse_NYC

Starter
I don’t know what his turnovers look like as compared to previous years, but he has been scary with the ball this season… particularly the dribbling. Previous years he was surprisingly fine vs pressure. This year he has dribbled the ball out of bounds more times than any player I’ve ever seen. He hasn’t look right the last few games. Anyways, #HAILBENNY

I don’t know what his turnovers look like as compared to previous years, but he has been scary with the ball this season… particularly the dribbling. Previous years he was surprisingly fine vs pressure. This year he has dribbled the ball out of bounds more times than any player I’ve ever seen. He hasn’t look right the last few games. Anyways, #HAILBENNY
Turnovers per 40 are up and assists are the same.

turnover % is up as well

Last season kadary helped bring the ball up. Once in the front court the o could be run thru marek. Griffin and QG were athletic. This year it is simply Joe, passing around the perimeter, or passing to black holes.

much more pressure on Joe this season, not a fair comp.

joe shoots 41% deep. buddy 33%. imagine if we switched buddy's 17 shots a game with jg3's 10 and vice versa. what would their respective points per game look like ?

Last season kadary helped bring the ball up. Once in the front court the o could be run thru marek. Griffin and QG were athletic. This year it is simply Joe, passing around the perimeter, or passing to black holes.

much more pressure on Joe this season, not a fair comp.
But he was still out there more than enough to not make the mistakes he’s making now

my question was about ppg. i'd say joe leads the league in scoring at 17 shots per. best shooter on the team.

Last edited:
my question was about ppg. i'd say joe leads the league. best shooter on the team.

Yeah I mean if he takes more shots his ppg is bound to go up. That doesn’t necessarily translate to being more efficient though.

i'm kinda amazed K didn't slap on a full court press to end the half. he had the fresh horses and knowing jb ain't got no ball handlers could have easily wore joe down.
probably didn't want to embarrass his friend at home worse than he was already.

joe having to try to hard to get by players leads to some issues.. it is what it is..

There supposedly is a second guard out there who could help with ballhandling, but some of his turnovers are awful. The one leading to Moore's dunk - who exactly was that pass to again? - and when he simply dribbled the ball out of bounds at halfcourt when facing a double team. That was weak.

Every season he has done it this much.

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe moves to the 2G. next year and Symir runs the point and each of them would be backed up by - Taylor - Copeland or possibly Mintz ?

He improved his shot selection a lot this season.

I expect next season he'll cut down on the unforced turnovers.
He’ll go several games with limited turnovers, but when it rains, it pours.

He’s shown improvement against the press over the course of the season as well. (Would still rather have Torrence handling the ball in those situations, of course.)

You get a full time PG in Here and he could shoot 50 percent from 3
So, I do kind of think there's a path to competitiveness next season.

IF...

Torrence can pace on assists the way he is now with more minutes...

Mintz/Copeland/some other guard can present some kind of driving threat...

Jesse comes back fully healthy and we prioritize working the ball into him...

Benny's game against Duke becomes his average game...

Frankie takes steps forward backing up the 5...

2 out of Bunch, Taylor and Brown come ready to ball and give some combo of defense, shooting and rebounding...

The 2-3 zone gets stronger with new blood at guard and forward...

Maybe, just maybe, IF all of that happens, we might be decent next season.

You get a full time PG in Here and he could shoot 50 percent from 3
We better get some other guys who can score because at this rate he’s facing the opposition best defender next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom