Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he deserved the green light that he had but still think hes a P5 player. He’s def better than when Andrew Platek and Foster Loyer were both P5 players.
Agreed. If he's on Purdue they get out of round one.

You’d think though that a role as a 15mpg instant offense guy would be available to him HERE though.
Yep...but pride, etc etc.

I'm saying if a top 10 program with established stars asked him to come on and play 15-20 and shoot 3s. Maybe he wants to try for a championship and doesn't think we have that shot here. And he's prob right.

OR, he wants to play 30-35 and start, in which case, we'll see what he options are.

Yep...but pride, etc etc.

I'm saying if a top 10 program with established stars asked him to come on and play 15-20 and shoot 3s. Maybe he wants to try for a championship and doesn't think we have that shot here. And he's prob right.

OR, he wants to play 30-35 and start, in which case, we'll see what he options are.

Yeah I’d ask myself if I was in his position how happy I’d be if some transfers came in and took my minutes and relegated me to the bench. And I’d like to say I’d do it for the good of the team.

But

Agreed. If he's on Purdue they get out of round one.
Yep. Forcing Purdue to beat them on threes was wicked smaht.

1679683508861.png

Joe exceeded my expectations this year. Right before the bottom dropped out on the season, he was playing exceptionally well -- really found a nice groove.

A lot of the vitriol directed his way was misguided, IMO, given that the coach had him playing out of position, failed to recruit better players, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe end up somewhere like BYU, following in Jimmer's footsteps. He'd kill it in that kind of conference.
Agreed. But you may not be aware that BYU is joining the Big 12 next year, along with Houston, Central Florida and Cincinnati.

I assume academics will be a part of his decision if the rumors that he had been accepted to Newhouse for grad school are true. Maybe Northwestern or one of the Ivys.. UVA, Duke Georgetown, Vanderbilt...something along those lines.

I think regardless of where he goes Red would love to have him back as an assistant.

I was never the leader of the Joe Girard fan club. But he made himself a good P5 basketball player, and I agree with the consensus that he was ill-served by team that was constructed around him. I wish for him that he had been able to play in a better situation.

He reminds me in that way of another upstate kid - Paul Harris. Harris, like Girard, was immensely frustrating, capable at times of incredible basketball feats, and just incredibly miscast as a late-Boeheim Orangeman. For both of them, I think the pressure and at times disappointment was greater because they were local(ish). But I have some great Paul Harris memories and will remember him fondly and the same is true of JG3. I'll root for him.
Love this post.

I don't think he would do this, but I would imagine he would be ridiculously dangerous at an A10, MAC, MAAC or Mountain West school.

Good luck Joe. He played out of position most of the time and didn't seem to gel with Judah running the point. I just hope he doesn't go to an ACC team, especially a good one that generally gives us trouble like Duke, Virginia or UNC. A team like UK loaded with freshmen all Americans who generally cannot shoot, could use a guy like Joe. An athletic UK team will cover his weakness on defense.

Why do some here write posts directed towards the actual player like the player is going to read it? Please tell me that players don't read this board. That would be awful, especially for someone like Joe who has received so much crap that he didn't deserve.

Love this post.

I was never the leader of the Joe Girard fan club. But he made himself a good P5 basketball player, and I agree with the consensus that he was ill-served by team that was constructed around him. I wish for him that he had been able to play in a better situation.

He reminds me in that way of another upstate kid - Paul Harris. Harris, like Girard, was immensely frustrating, capable at times of incredible basketball feats, and just incredibly miscast as a late-Boeheim Orangeman. For both of them, I think the pressure and at times disappointment was greater because they were local(ish). But I have some great Paul Harris memories and will remember him fondly and the same is true of JG3. I'll root for him.
Good post! I think the local angle plays in too.

Why do some here write posts directed towards the actual player like the player is going to read it? Please tell me that players don't read this board. That would be awful, especially for someone like Joe who has received so much crap that he didn't deserve.
It makes them feel better about themselves because they know how many horrible things they have said about him in the past.

It makes them feel better about themselves because they know how many horrible things they have said about him in the past.
“Horrible” things like “he’s too small at the top of the zone”, and “nooooot the time for a heat check?”

Nobody said anything horrible that I saw.

Thues and DeShaun left and we got better.

Confident we’ll be better next year too, and guard play will be a reason why. That will upset a few people here when it happens, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors