Joe Girard transferring to Clemson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard transferring to Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's too good a shooter for his own good. Got him to a level to where his height and athleticism limited him. He is far too good for the places where his height and athleticism wouldn't have limited him.

It is also tough to lay all the blame for his conditioning on the kid, I look forward to Syracuse being a little more systematic about what's expected in the weight room

I am pretty sure Colgate has no grad program
Thanks i hope that Joes focus is on getting the best degree possible to help set him up for his future. Go to a great academic school over a basketball factory. Gtown might be an opportunity, Duke if he stayed in the league, Northwestern, Michigan Vanderbilt would be some of the schools i would hope he would pursue

Thanks i hope that Joes focus is on getting the best degree possible to help set him up for his future. Go to a great academic school over a basketball factory. Gtown might be an opportunity, Duke if he stayed in the league, Northwestern, Michigan Vanderbilt would be some of the schools i would hope he would pursue

Opportunity to be absolutely DEAD TO ME...

That's right. Tiny MAT program but no other graduate studies are available.
Actually on their web site they list “Masters of Arts in an Academic Subject”; “Master of Arts degree can occasionally be arranged in English, geology, philosophy, psychology, and religion.”

Some of these responses are just plain hilarious. The kid isn't good enough to play for us but can play at any other P5/6 school. Can't play defense but would be a great fit for a defensive minded Pitino St. Johns. Would be perfect for Purdue, Georgetown. The only school not mentioned yet is Villanova. Plus he would be great for the G league or overseas. These posters make me think I am watching Saturday Night Live instead of a message board.

The kid has the heart of a lion and vastly improved when moved to his natural position this year. There have admittedly been times when I yelled at the TV at him but if he wants another year I want him here. The team has vastly more potential with him than without him. I wish him well wherever he lands. Although I don't think the shorter playing time next year is a deterrent for him, who really knows. Maybe he is just ready to experience life outside of NY and this is the perfect one year opportunity for him. Congrats to whoever lands him.

Were expectations that high?

I think he vastly over performed expectations as a player.
Yes he didn’t deserve what happened to him, but this is typical Axe BS. Dude was not a high rated recruit. Got a bunch of points in Glenn’s Falls. Most were curious but did not expect him to take over. Shot the lights out his last two years here. Axe is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom