Joey just updated and the verdict is ... | Syracusefan.com

Joey just updated and the verdict is ...

Surprised we didn't even drop a seed line.

Looks like we have to root for CHALK CHALK CHALK all week. Starting today with Monmouth.
We gotta win. We cannot finish the season 1-5 limping into tournament

Also, does anyone know what the "Last Four Byes" section means? We are a 9 seed but in his last 4 bye list; the whole 10 seed line gets byes...

Get in. Survive and Advance.
If we cannot survive now...what is the tournament going to change? I hate being negative but we really need to get right heading into this tournament.

A lot of teams are at .500 in conference play. We get in because of the ACC.

If we cannot survive now...what is the tournament going to change? I hate being negative but we really need to get right heading into this tournament.
We would be playing teams that aren't familiar against the zone.

We would be playing teams that aren't familiar against the zone.
ACC teams other then PiTt and Louisville have only seen the zone 3 times. I don't buy that argument. It has more to do with the offense finding a rythem then the defense.

Also, does anyone know what the "Last Four Byes" section means? We are a 9 seed but in his last 4 bye list; the whole 10 seed line gets byes...

10 seed line gets the "play-in games"

I think it means the last 4 teams in that don't have to play in the play in games on Tuesday. I believe 10 seeds and below are free of this, and that eventual 12 & 11 seeds come Thursday/Friday may initially have to play in those dreaded Tuesday/Wednesday play in games.

The bracket they have right now has something off. It says Michigan is one of the first 4 out, but then it also has them in a play-in game.

It means we are one of the 5-8 last teams in. He may have moved us a seed line up to 9 for some bracketing reason.

I think the 10 seed line plays the 7 seed in first round games, no?

Bottom 4 at-large teams have to get through 2 play-in games to make the 64.

We're currently in the next group of 4 teams. Just high enough to avoid the play-in games.

Hard to believe that if (when) we lose to Pitt again that we get in. Unless so many other teams lose and we just suck less than they do.

upload_2016-3-6_12-55-27.png

Cakewalk

No way if we lose to Pitt we get in. 4 straight losses, below .500 record in conference.

Hard to believe that if (when) we lose to Pitt again that we get in. Unless so many other teams lose and we just suck less than they do.

It depends in large part on what the people on the outside do. As teams outside of the bubble are weak, I'm not sure many move in with just one win. It will take at least 2 wins for those schools. If Monmouth / San Diego St / Arkansas St take care of business... there may be a lack of push from the bottom, such that only say 2 of the current teams "in" do not get invited.

And the last 10 teams in teams are fairly bunched -- who knows how the committee has them ranked. Not every one of them is going to win their first game. In another thread I brought up the example of Oregon St.

Say we are slightly ahead of Oregon St on the in side per the committee. We lose to Pitt. Oregon St beats a mediocore Arizona St team but loses to Cal. Do they jump us by beating a mediocore ASU team?

As JDubs said, CHALK really matters this week. When a team like Michigan, St, Bonvanture, Oregon St, face thier first better team this week they have to lose. Same for teams on the outside.

If we lose and miss we have no one to blame but ourselves. But our chances as of now are not 0% in that scenario (but I can't justify in my head that it is close to 50% either)

Bottom 4 at-large teams have to get through 2 play-in games to make the 64.

We're currently in the next group of 4 teams. Just high enough to avoid the play-in games.

Right. I guess I'm just interpreting it differently, meaning that the "Last four Byes" are exempt from the play in games. So, if we are still a 9 seed, we are somewhat safely above those "Last four Bye teams" since those last four safe would be on the 10 line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom