Jonathan Burton | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jonathan Burton

Not to be too tangential, but "Diet Tab"? Really? Does anyone actually call someone that, and if so, why? I'm going to assume that it's an atrocious attempt at a nickname for Diabate. Not saying that you came up with it RMH, but it is one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard. The kid deserves better than that!
While we were watching one of the first spring practices last year, Diabate was a big point of focus, as he had just joined the team and no one had seen him play in person before.

OE had a hard time pronouncing his name...every time he tried, it ended up coming out as Diet Tab. As someone who was there when the nickname was coined, I can say without question it was not meant to be derogatory...we are all fans of Siriki. Because it was easier to say and type, it stuck.

I never meant to imply that it was derogatory. It just stuck out to me as being a weak nickname, not that I have any great alternative. I wasn't trying to insult anyone either as I was unaware that it originated on this board. I enjoy the story of how it originated more than the name itself!

I never meant to imply that it was derogatory. It just stuck out to me as being a weak nickname, not that I have any great alternative. I wasn't trying to insult anyone either as I was unaware that it originated on this board. I enjoy the story of how it originated more than the name itself!
You're such a trouble maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See what happens when you take a nice suburban kid out of DeWitt and submit him to the evils of New Jersey? What chance did I have?!

See what happens when you take a nice suburban kid out of DeWitt and submit him to the evils of New Jersey? What chance did I have?!
"Evils of New Jersey?"Specify please. My wife and two sons were born in NJ. I lived there many years Not all of it is a cess pool.

"Evils of New Jersey?"Specify please. My wife and two sons were born in NJ. I lived there many years Not all of it is a cess pool.

Any chance you were a banker during those days?

Syracusefan.com Bio

The footage at the beginning of his video is impressive. One thing for sure...he can really run for a guy his size. Given his raw athletic ability, size and the fact he played at Fork Union, one of the top prep schools in the country, begs the question, why didn't he have better/more offers?

I don't know. Maybe he was injured? Bad grades that just improved? Something doesn't add up.

I will say this...DM knows offensive linemen. If he thinks Burton is worth an offer, that is good enough for me.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/sports/2012/02/01/signing-day-detours-pondered-on-route-to-college-2/

According to this article he was looking at attending Fork Union the summer of 2011, before his Senior year of HS, for academic improvement. Grades must have been pretty bad.

And then there was this from an article dated 8/2012..that makes me think everyone was waiting to see if his academics improved.
EX-AREA STARS AT FUMA
Former Courtland standout offensive lineman Jonathan Burton has transitioned well to his first semester at Fork Union Military Academy, veteran coach John Shuman said.
Shuman said Burton (6-foot-7, 301 pounds) doesn’t yet have a scholarship offer, but he’s receiving interest from Syracuse University, among other programs.
Shuman said he’s excited about Burton because he has never coached a player his size who hadn’t signed with or committed to a college.
“He has very good talent, good mobility, good feet,” Shuman said. “He’s stronger than what I thought he was going to be. We’ve already talked to Syracuse and a couple of other schools about him. that needs good tackles. He is looking like a good Division I-A prospect at this time.”

Nuff said. ;)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Nor is Utica, NY, but I wouldn't live there. ;)

Well besides the Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens and the Tomato Pie of course...

And don't forget pasticiotti's. Well really any Italian baked goods for that matter.