Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it boils down more to Tucker being bigger / stronger [a muscular 215 to Wilson's 170], and a more developed scorer / true knock down shooter. Which means that right now, he's more ready to contribute day 1, and his offensive skills would go a long way toward providing what we need next year.

I haven't seen Wilson play [other than clips]. I can buy into the notion that he's a more explosive athlete, and that with some refinement offensively that he could be a better player / more highly coveted NBA prospect than Tucker eventually. But I think if it came down to which player could help us the most next year, I think it is Tucker all the way.
Absolutely. Tucker is a much better fit right now. Might be in the long run as well.

I think it boils down more to Tucker being bigger / stronger [a muscular 215 to Wilson's 170], and a more developed scorer / true knock down shooter. Which means that right now, he's more ready to contribute day 1, and his offensive skills would go a long way toward providing what we need next year.

I haven't seen Wilson play [other than clips]. I can buy into the notion that he's a more explosive athlete, and that with some refinement offensively that he could be a better player / more highly coveted NBA prospect than Tucker eventually. But I think if it came down to which player could help us the most next year, I think it is Tucker all the way.

Give me skills over athletes.

Tucker is the more natural basketball player.

And his offense was a BIG part of the reason we even had a chance to be able to barely miss the tournament.

Has everyone forgotten how completely dead in the water we were, before JB made Gillon the full-time starter at PG?
How'd that turn out? Did the problem get fixed?

Absolutely. Tucker is a much better fit right now. Might be in the long run as well.
This I can agree with as well. My point was that in the long run, myself, and many others think that Wilson has more potential to be better when it's all said and done.

You would think the staff is getting frustrated getting lied to regularly, I'm not saying these kids don't have the right to change a decision that will have a major effect on their life but does anyone think our staff will change the approach and start telling players throughout the recruitment what they want to hear regardless of if our top target that is wanted by basically every school in the country is still in play? It does seem like the staff is handing out more offers for the next cycle but I hope we've learned that the Cam Reddish, Simi Shittu type players can't be the SOLE focus, each high priority target should be getting as much attention as we can possibly give. I have my doubts that Jordan Tucker would've been wearing Orange even if we stayed on him the whole time, he knew the deal that Duke might have a spot opening up and it seems to be a dream school of his.

The one bright spot here is that Brissett is going to be one of the top freshman in the country (this is based on personal feeling and the fact that his pursuit got ramped up HEAVILY).

It's not joining the ACC. We have got lazy. By that I mean, is Jb working as hard as he did 25 years ago? Because other schools coaches are.

Yeah I have a hard time believing that JB would show up on Carmelo Anthony's door step today like he did 15 years ago unannounced.

The one bright spot here is that Brissett is going to be one of the top freshman in the country (this is based on personal feeling and the fact that his pursuit got ramped up HEAVILY).
Yeah this kid is a steal...like Lydon in that regard

Brissett is going to be real good next year. If we cannot get shooters, we may have to rely on rebounding, put backs, and nuts and bolts, pick-n-roll basketball. We should have the size and hopefully the inside skills which were lacking last year.

Brissett is going to be real good next year. If we cannot get shooters, we may have to rely on rebounding, put backs, and nuts and bolts, pick-n-roll basketball. We should have the size and hopefully the inside skills which were lacking last year.

With our roster as currently constituted, a lack of put back opportunities won't be an issue.

We have constructed a weak offensive team
coming off our worst defensive season ever.

I don't think we can play Chukwu/Sidibe at the 5 with our lack of offensive weapons and I think TT is abysmal in the middle. im not sure how we are better than this seasons 19-15 finish.

With our roster as currently constituted, a lack of put back opportunities won't be an issue.

My major concern is that if Battle is the only true shooter and with TT potentially extending his range, other teams can just face guard Battle the entire game and win by 10+. Hopefully, HW works sharpens up his shooting skills and surprises us all. I know from your interview that he is going to put in the work.

We have constructed a weak offensive team
coming off our worst defensive season ever.

I don't think we can play Chukwu/Sidibe at the 5 with our lack of offensive weapons and I think TT is abysmal in the middle. im not sure how we are better than this seasons 19-15 finish.

Maybe TT is going to eat 2 burritos from Chipotle a day, put on 30 pounds of muscle, and learn to slide his feet side to side

He doesn't view himself as lazy. People stay on at their job too long all the time.

I tend to think hes doing the same hes always done, at least in recent times. (But i admit im not 100% sure on that.).

Last edited:
My reply to this is why stay on at his age if hes lazy though. That doesnt really correlate.
Some of the same reasons he's been so successful for 40 years: confidence, ego, super-competitive, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom