Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply not true. Anything to color the situation orange...
except that most who've watched both play say otherwise :noidea:
but of course you know all

Its ok to have a differing opinion but its better when supported by rationale, like why exactly someone likes in wilson better than tucker

You never heard of Gillon 5 minutes before he committed. I know of a guard that is visiting that is a better player than Gillon. his name has been on the board. At the 3 position, I don't know. But at this point last year, I didn't know white would be on the market.

Saw Gillon play live before he played at Syracuse. So you're wrong.

That 2018 class is going to be a hammer, I mean just at all the prime recruits we're targeting. What could go wrong?

:noidea:

Its ok to have a differing opinion but its better when supported by rationale, like why exactly someone likes in wilson better than tucker
huh? just pointing out that multiple evaluators have said Sid better long term prospect than Tucker - that's the rationale
:confused:

And the only place we are going to get shooters is on the 5th year grad market. you are right. It isn't sustainable. But it's the best we can do right now. And you are very wrong about your word. Either you honor it or you don't. people who honor their word are honorable people. People who don't, are liars.
18 year olds, making the biggest decision of their lives. I think it's a bit harsh given he was just offered something that he may consider a better opportunity for his future. I don't think this reflects poorly on Syracuse, Duke is on another level right now. Your anger should be directed towards the staff, they are the ones that botched this cycle.

It's not about our program. It's about the names Kentucky and Duke. We never have out recruited them. Let's be real.

There 100 top recruits. We have a empty roster and got one of them.

Saw Gillon play live before he played at Syracuse. So you're wrong.
Fine. I'm sure you were real high on him. Come on. I can tell you that we have a guard visiting that is a better player.

What, precisely, do we have to offer comparable to Kentucky or Duke? I mean, if you were our recruiter, let's hear your pitch.

I forgot. I'm always wrong... my track record has been far greater than yours the past few years good sir.

What, precisely, do we have to offer comparable to Kentucky or Duke? I mean, if you were our recruiter, let's hear your pitch.

Playing time for starters, we might not have won as many titles, but we have a great history, a great venue, practice facility, putting guys in the Nba, I am tired of this defeatest attitude, we are freakin Syracuse we need to start acting like it.

There 100 top recruits. We have a empty roster and got one of them.
there is no question that something was very wrong here during the fall recruiting period. That is on JB and Hop. It seems things are going along better. lol And had Knox chose Duke, something we have nothing to do with, we would all be feeling a lot better right about now.

Fine. I'm sure you were real high on him. Come on. I can tell you that we have a guard visiting that is a better player.

I hope that's the case. Gillons defense was part of the reason we missed the tournament.

Honestly we are just in a recruiting funk right now. Things happen, and the world of college basketball is cyclical. Whether next season is a disaster or not does not mean we won't return to a respectable position soon. We still have a lot to offer to recruits.

Who knows though, maybe Syracuse on the jersey doesn't hold as much weight as it used to?:noidea:

If that's the case I'll be very pleased. We need the help.

Well, I made the awful mistake of reading the smug Duke fan tweets on J Tucker's twitter feed.

1olhn4.jpg

Playing time for starters, we might not have won as many titles, but we have a great history, a great venue, practice facility, putting guys in the Nba, I am tired of this defeatest attitude, we are freakin Syracuse we need to start acting like it.
Brian, it isn't defeatist. It's living in the real world. We are who we are. We are not Kentucky. We aren't Duke. there are not many schools that can do to us what these guys have just done. But they can.

Just find a shooter or two by any means possible and go balls to the wall in 2018. I like our approach better for this next cycle already, cast a wider net.

So Tucker tweets he has been offered by Duke. Never thought he was coming here (as I've posted). Probably delayed & dragged this out hoping for a scenario like this. But always sensed he was going elsewhere. Just as well. You want kids who want to be here...and never felt he did. Next year will be a tough year. Maybe experiencing it will energize the staff's recruiting efforts.

Just find a shooter or two by any means possible and go balls to the wall in 2018. I like our approach better for this next cycle already, cast a wider net.

Are we though? By all accounts it seems like we are pulling a Lonnie Walker with Jones. I didn't know we could afford to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom