Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

Kid is getting a free education at his dream school.
It sucks for him not to play but he wanted to be a small fish in a big pond rather than a bigger fish in another large pond.
I wonder if Duke offers 4 year scholarships or if this kid is year to year and could be forced out if Duke needs his scholarship.

Duke has pushed out players before. They are not four year deals.

Please excuse my last reply to your posts, I can see where youre coming from but my point is such: Has anyone considered there is a reason the kid is not getting PT such as in he is getting Boeheimed? Or does K never Boeheim a player for any reason? I dont suppose I follow K enough to know such things. I get that maybe he isnt getting played into the rotation as much as he thought, but what doesn't make sense is why would K swoop in at the last moment to "steal" a recruit that he had absolutely no intention of playing at all. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how K operates it can explain that to an more casual K observer like myself to whom this doesnt make sense. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but it's hard to argue with his success.

Like Two3 said though, not a big fan of dumping on a kid for making what choice he thought was best for himself, and reveling in the young man's misery.

I'm all for a kid going through his process and doing what's best for him.

However, it's hard to call this "unfortunate" for JT - this is what he wanted. He wanted Duke even though they pretty much ignored him his whole HS career and came calling out of desperation to use a scholly. Everyone, even Duke fans, knew he would get pretty much no PT if went there, then Reddish and Barrett committed.

The kid held out for a Duke offer, this is what he signed up for. I have no ill will towards him, but I wouldn't call this "unfortunate" either. Not sure what he expected
Uh, so did we...

Uh, so did we...
We had genuine interest in him last year then cooled off. I'm thrilled with Dolaezj, but when we came calling to Tucker again, he was most likely going to start here. We weren't getting him to fill a seat on our bench.

We had genuine interest in him last year then cooled off. I'm thrilled with Dolaezj, but when we came calling to Tucker again, he was most likely going to start here. We weren't getting him to fill a seat on our bench.
Who would he have started over knowing this particular lineup ?

Tucker would have added needed shooting, but I think he would have been worse than the guys we have in literally every other area. He’s not better than Oshae. I know that.
He would have been great off the bench this year for us . I think next year is where we could have really used him.

We looked to have gotten pretty lucky having him choose Duke

Not sold on that. All he does is catch and shoot. If he didn’t play defense JB wouldn’t play him.
He is not a great defender but I wouldn’t say he doesn’t play it. He moves better laterally than Moyer but isn’t as tenacious or good a rebounder. His shooting could also help space the floor for other people.

You’re playing yourself if you think Moyer is better than Jordan Tucker. It ain’t close. I’m not shocked he isn’t getting run at Duke, they are stacked and K has a notoriously short bench. Tucker would be starting here without question.

You’re playing yourself if you think Moyer is better than Jordan Tucker. It ain’t close. I’m not shocked he isn’t getting run at Duke, they are stacked and K has a notoriously short bench. Tucker would be starting here without question.

You’re misunderstanding the entire point.

JB would still probably give Moyer the token start since he was here last year and JB has used the “token” starter a bunch the past ten years. It isn’t given he played over Dolezaj as Dolezaj is literally better at everything than Tucker besides outside shooting.

JB would still probably give Moyer the token start since he was here last year and JB has used the “token” starter a bunch the past ten years. It isn’t given he played over Dolezaj as Dolezaj is literally better at everything than Tucker besides outside shooting.

Tucker's handle and driving ability has improved, though I guess not enough to K's liking. Is he giving max effort and bringing it on both ends? That's the big question and a possible reason he's sitting.

Look at their roster. Tucker isn't playing because there are no minutes available. It isn't because he isn't a good player, or wouldn't have been good enough to help us. Don't delude yourselves.

Look at their roster. Tucker isn't playing because there are no minutes available. It isn't because he isn't a good player, or wouldn't have been good enough to help us. Don't delude yourselves.
If you are good, you play. At least some. He gets in with the walk ons

If he can't play for Duke then we wouldn't want him here either. Looks like he made a good decision.

I'm really not misunderstanding the entire point - people are saying Tucker sucks. He doesn't. If you sleep better at night saying you're glad Tucker and Quade went elsewhere than more power to you I guess. I'll be over here in reality. Duke is loaded with talent and K plays a shorter lineup than anyone in college ball (and next year looks even more loaded). Tucker may have miscalculated in choosing Duke, but, make no mistake he would be getting plenty of minutes here at Cuse.

Before someone tries to create a straw man argument that I think our team sucks or whatever, I don't think that. Our team is so much better than I thought it would be and I'm enjoying watching them play - things so far seem to have played out fine for the Cuse. I can admit all of these things without having to believe that a couple of recruits we really wanted are garbage because they didn't come here.

I believe that if you took Tucker and in alternate realities he simultaneously played for both Cuse and Duke - he would be a 2 and done player at Syracuse, drafted in the late first round. At Duke, he's a 4 year player that goes in the 2nd round. The main difference is the depth of talent is less at Cuse and he would get more minutes and be trusted to be the scorer as early as year two. At Duke, the depth of talent is so much deeper that he will have to fight to see any minutes and even so would eventually become a Junior/Senior Leader a la Quinn Cook. So what I guess I'm trying to say is the difference isn't that Tucker all of the sudden sucks, its that the circumstance and opportunity at each school is remarkably different. Tucker probably made a mistake going to Duke if his goal was to get to the pros as fast as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom