Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

Thanks for clarifying. Time certainly flies. Seems like it wasn't that long ago, but this makes sense now. Do we know if it had already been announced that we were joining the ACC when he transferred?
The announcement of the move to the ACC happened in September of 2011. Silent G announced he was transferring to SU in late April 2012.

It's clear some are still bitter that he chose Duke over Syracuse and are letting it cloud their perspective. And yes he made a bad choice going to Duke.

They are now doubling down saying his choice to leave now is a bad choice or makes no sense or shows no respect. That is irrational hatred in my view. Isn't leaving the situation ASAP the best choice for him... he will now be able to play parts of 4 seasons elsewhere.

Not sure if this is referring to my posts or not but I can assure you I have zero ill will. I also believe you have to always have to take into account that these guys are kids -- bad decisions happen. And by the way, choosing duke over syracuse is hard to argue with in some ways -- phenomenal school, phenomenal atmosphere and good chance to win a title.

But here's the deal: If you're a kid in the lower portion of the top 100 (or below that) and you make the choice to go to Duke, you should be prepared to work your a$$ off to try and to get in the rotation in year 1, but also prepared that it could be your soph/jr year. If you're not prepared for that very strong possibility, why go in the first place. Go somewhere where you're likelier to get minutes early. Just doesn't make any sense to play it this way, IMO.

Not sure if this is referring to my posts or not but I can assure you I have zero ill will. I also believe you have to always have to take into account that these guys are kids -- bad decisions happen. And by the way, choosing duke over syracuse is hard to argue with in some ways -- phenomenal school, phenomenal atmosphere and good chance to win a title.

But here's the deal: If you're a kid in the lower portion of the top 100 (or below that) and you make the choice to go to Duke, you should be prepared to work your a$$ off to try and to get in the rotation in year 1, but also prepared that it could be your soph/jr year. If you're not prepared for that very strong possibility, why go in the first place. Go somewhere where you're likelier to get minutes early. Just doesn't make any sense to play it this way, IMO.
Kids make the decision to go to Syracuse with the same type of playing time in front of them.

Your entire second paragraph is focused on his initial decision. I didn't call you on that. I called you out on why you deciding to bash his decision to transfer. You gave no logical reason why his decision he made in December was a bad decision, and instead continued to focus on his decision to go to Duke.

You have to evaluate these two decisions separately.

Kids make the decision to go to Syracuse with the same type of playing time in front of them.

And it is completely fine. But Syracuse is much more of a mixed bag. You’re not bringing in 3 top 10 recruits every year. There’s a lot more room for volatility. And he could have gone to places other than cuse as well. There is a remarkably simple point here: Duke didn’t want him. They lost Knox and wanted him. Ok, all good. He goes in and then doesn’t get PT and he’s out by December? Bizarre.

Need to commit knowing it’s an uphill battle and being prepared to potentially have to bide time. Instead you throw away 1.5 years and get basically no credits from duke (if education matters at all, which understandably it may not).

But the bottom line is go ahead and commit to Duke but be prepared. Same thing holds true for a fringy cuse recruit. Be ready to work if you go that route.

Not really hammering the kid or any kid in a similar circumstance, but I just wonder who is giving them advice.

Your entire second paragraph is focused on his initial decision. I didn't call you on that. I called you out on why you deciding to bash his decision to transfer. You gave no logical reason why his decision he made in December was a bad decision, and instead continued to focus on his decision to go to Duke.

You have to evaluate these two decisions separately.

How is the first not at all related to the second? Playing time is cited as the primary factor. The two are linked at the hip.

Since he is from NY and wants to to play in a conference with national recognition, I can see BE teams Villanova, Georgetown, St. John’s, Seton Hall, and Providence. This will also allow family to watch the games a lot of games.

Since he is from NY and wants to to play in a conference with national recognition, I can see BE teams Villanova, Georgetown, St. John’s, Seton Hall, and Providence. This will also allow family to watch the games a lot of games.
Didn't Tucker's family move to Atlanta? That's why he was considering Ga Tech last year.

I thought he wanted to hang out with all the rappers in Atlanta that's why he considered them.

pretty sure his father is employed by one of the major labels. that's the connection.

Why are we talking about Mr Tucker? We don't like sloppy seconds. Next...

Is it possible to transfer within conference, get a release/appeal, and only have to sit 1 year? Is it possible for Tucker to transfer to Syracuse and be eligible by 2nd half of the 2018-2019 season?

I'm sure Tucker considered himself better than Brissett when he was considering SU, and now sees OB averaging 16ppg and 10rbp and thinks that could be him instead.

Is it possible to transfer within conference, get a release/appeal, and only have to sit 1 year? Is it possible for Tucker to transfer to Syracuse and be eligible by 2nd half of the 2018-2019 season?

No, would have to sit 2 years and its unlikely Duke would even release him to transfer in conference.

No, would have to sit 2 years and its unlikely Duke would even release him to transfer in conference.

I could imagine Duke giving him a release to transfer to Syracuse. Not that I think it will happen, but the negative feedback a school gets for not releasing kids these days, to me, it wouldn't be worth Duke saying no. It would come across as not only unfair, but very petty. Especially, since he was seriously considering Cuse before Duke swooped in at 11th hour and then recruited over him.

Does anyone know if Duke does grant a release, would that reduce the sitting out period to one year? The two years is damaging because I believe you lose two years of eligibility, which is 50% of your time.

I could imagine Duke giving him a release to transfer to Syracuse. Not that I think it will happen, but the negative feedback a school gets for not releasing kids these days, to me, it wouldn't be worth Duke saying no. It would come across as not only unfair, but very petty. Especially, since he was seriously considering Cuse before Duke swooped in at 11th hour and then recruited over him.

Does anyone know if Duke does grant a release, would that reduce the sitting out period to one year? The two years is damaging because I believe you lose two years of eligibility, which is 50% of your time.

They wouldn't block Syracuse individually they would just say they are not granting a release to any ACC school which is moot anyway because per the ACC by laws he would have to sit for two years and he's not going to do that. The two year period is not reduced by the school granting a release to transfer.

They wouldn't block Syracuse individually they would just say they are not granting a release to any ACC school which is moot anyway because per the ACC by laws he would have to sit for two years and he's not going to do that. The two year period is not reduced by the school granting a release to transfer.

Not to be argumentative, but tucker could say he wants to a release to cuse, and if thats the response from duke, it would be taken as if duke was blocking cuse. Check out cam johnson’s situation with pitt.

Regarding your second point, im not sure its 100% accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom