Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very important piece for the viability of the line next year.

Have to admit I was pretty excited with the quality overall of our JUCO recruits in this class and then was pretty disappointed to see 2/3 tripped up by qualifying issues. Glad to see Reed got his figured out.

Very important piece for the viability of the line next year.

Have to admit I was pretty excited with the quality overall of our JUCO recruits in this class and then was pretty disappointed to see 2/3 tripped up by qualifying issues. Glad to see Reed got his figured out.
This may be the most important piece of the puzzle for next years roster. I know it isn’t flashy but center is the foundation which the Oline is built on and we’ve been shaky at best lately.

This may be the most important piece of the puzzle for next years roster. I know it isn’t flashy but center is the foundation which the Oline is built on and we’ve been shaky at best lately.

Tend to agree. This and potentially Bleich's health are the two keys.

How quickly Reed can get ramped up and learn his assignments is going to go a long way toward determining how the line performs in 2023, IMO.

How quickly Reed can get ramped up and learn his assignments is going to go a long way toward determining how the line performs in 2023, IMO.
And it really helps that from prior reports he will be arriving seemingly in great shape at least from a lifting program standpoint. Presumably if direction was provided on lifting goals, similar cardio guidance was also hopefully included.

I'm taking an uneducated guess that the Kentucky transfer Wohlbaugh could start at RG from day one and let Bleich be a rotation guy. That would be ideal because poor Bleich is always hurt and I hope he has pain-free post football life.

Yup hard to determine the learning curve for each player

I'm taking an uneducated guess that the Kentucky transfer Wohlbaugh could start at RG from day one and let Bleich be a rotation guy. That would be ideal because poor Bleich is always hurt and I hope he has pain-free post football life.

I'm hoping that Bleich can finally get healthy after the off-season surgery, and can play pain-free his final year. But that is based on nothing more than wishful thinking / optimism, because he hasn't been healthy ANY of his first three years.

Wohlabaugh would be a HUGE insurance policy for Bleich, IMO. He could also kick out to RT [a position he played at UK] if More flops. So he is insurance there, as well.

And at RG, I don't discount Bradford, he's just unproven. But adding a kid like this with three years of eligibility enhances both the starting lineup and depth.

May the best players earn the PT.

And it really helps that from prior reports he will be arriving seemingly in great shape at least from a lifting program standpoint. Presumably if direction was provided on lifting goals, similar cardio guidance was also hopefully included.

Agreed. Tomcat has summarized his assessment of Reed several times in this thread. He's a guy who should be an upgrade in terms of his capabilities / experience / readiness. But I don't think I'm going out on a limb or being too critical when I say that he looked REALLY heavy when he came up on his official visit.

Him working hard to get in shape and change his physique over the course of this past semester says a LOT about his motivation to seize the opportunity in front of him. And it's one less thing to worry about [i.e., having to work to get into shape while also learning the playbook and acclimating to the speed of the game at this level] when he arrives.

Great sign, to your point.

center has been a weak spot for the last 4 seasons. Hopefully this kid fills the void if so it will be significant for this years results. Being weak up the middle is a huge issue.

C is just a critical position… remember ol’ Dougie’s first game as HC?

Ryan Bartholomew and Paulus out for the first snap of what was going to be a glorious day. Dome was electric. Ryan sails the 1st snap over Paulus’ head and we’re off!

Almost came out with the W that day too. Eric Decker had about 476 yards receiving, bastard.

My gut says he doesn't start right away. Lot to ask of a brand new guy. But we have a few games early that are softer we work him in to, and then he takes over the role and doesn't look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.