Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question! Somebody should hook this kid up with Syracuse Moving and Storage and get him a small NIL deal to cover.

Or tell him to register on INFLCR and see what legitimate opportunities are available. He’s only looking for $1000
yup, precisely my thought. should flag this for some moving companies in the area and tell them to do some sponsored social media posts -- now, at beginning of season and end of season. It's a win-win. And precisely what the point of NIL is.

Welcome to the ever burgeoning, raggedy-assed financial edges of college football. No judgment in this case, just a general observation of the tenor and direction of the money side of the game.
Raggedy-assed: noun. Sometimes justified, sometimes unseemly money-grubbing interstices of previously semi-amateur college football.

Wes Chong of the Juice web site did a nice interview with the General that I posted in today’s daily articles.

Mr Reed is a character and I think SU fans are going to like him.
He just went on my twitter page and complimented my cover photo, really like him already! He seems very excited to be Orange.

NCAA has the Student Assistance Fund to help those in financial need do the things they need to do as student-athletes. Believe if he needs help with getting to campus, SU can help with that.
Somebody should push this information to him on Twitter or whatever. He deserves to know what resources he is available to him about especially if there were mechanisms to fun things like this that don't require him to seek funding.

Somebody should push this information to him on Twitter or whatever. He deserves to know what resources he is available to him about especially if there were mechanisms to fun things like this that don't require him to seek funding.
SAF goes through each institution, so SU should know this and their compliance/administration should be working with FB program if this is, indeed, a need-based issue.

Only $180 raised so far.
Hopefully, he can make the trip north.

Only $180 raised so far.
Hopefully, he can make the trip north.
The question I have is as an alum and fan am I seen as a booster? Would it be an issue if I donated? Don’t want to cause problems.

The question I have is as an alum and fan am I seen as a booster? Would it be an issue if I donated? Don’t want to cause problems.
I don’t know. Recommend contacting Mark Wheeler and asking him.

If you get an answer, please post to here so others can learn as well.

Last edited:
If he were registered on INFLCR we could collect pledges and do something through the SyraCRUZ project and there would be no gray area. I could ask him to provide a video introduction or some signed photos - as long as he has a responsibility to fill in order to receive payment. If a booster - and every season ticket holder is a booster - simply sends him money I believe it would be a violation unless there is a pre-existing relationship.

But yes, Mark Wheeler is the authority here. Unfortunately I get the sense he has been overwhelmed policing NIL with the conservative approach we take.

I want to donate to his go fund me and just get him there. Could that screw things up? How much is too much to donate and not throw up red flags?

If you give money to him, please don’t post that on this board. We don’t need to draw attention to this, even if it is a great gesture no one should be concerned with.

;)
Alternatively, if any Buttgers players have a GoFundMe, buy a cheap season ticket, fund the project, and loudly proclaim to the NCAA directly that you have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.