Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays in the draft and does not drafted, I hope that he gets a 2-way deal. I just would not bet on that being the definite outcome.

30 NBA teams with the possibility of 60 two way contracts but some are already filled with players from previous drafts like Swider and Pippen, Jr. The available slots are about 25-35. Still a strong possibility but not a guarantee.
I don’t see how he wouldn’t get one.

Are you including if playing in the empty gyms while practicing basketball full time gets me to the NBA faster than playing in full gyms while going to classes?

You guys got to put the full context in here. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but alot of you are full fanboys when it comes to this stuff. Yeah, YOU wanted to play for Syracuse in front of a full dome, so did I, maybe he doesnt really care
And I love the “honest” cherry-picking of unglamorous G-League cities. Half of the teams play in or near metropolitan areas.

Ehhh there’s no such thing as a guarantee. What happens when a player a team projects to be selected in front of Judah drops?

Are there rules of signing a two way before the draft that is binding only if he is drafted by that team or goes undrafted?

Considering 54% of NBA players have played in the G League it’s ridiculous, and if you think they don’t play defense then I assume you don’t watch.
Generally the defense is good. The 3 biggest things that hurt NBA defenders are:
1. The skill of the offensive players.
2. The looseness on calling violations such as traveling and carrying.
3. The moving screens that are allowed.

Considering 54% of NBA players have played in the G League it’s ridiculous, and if you think they don’t play defense then I assume you don’t watch.
This is a cherry picked statistic without context. A cup of coffee is not worth mentioning as having played in the league. I know someone who played in the G-League, then played in the preseason for the Grizzlies and was then waived.

Well, let's be honest.

Would you rather play in empty gyms Sioux Falls, Fort Wayne, Birmingham or Stockton?

Nothing glamorous about that, or lucrative if you don't get the 2 way contract.
I mentioned this already probably back on like Page 12 or something, but that's not really what the G-League is anymore.

G-League locations now (and NBA affiliate):
  • Wizards - DC
  • Cavs - Cleveland
  • Hawks - College Park (AKA Atlanta)
  • 76ers - Wilmington (40 minutes to Philly)
  • Pacers - Indianapolis (still named Fort Wayne Mad Ants but they play in downtown Indianapolis)
  • Nuggets - Grand Rapids, MI
  • Hornets - Greensboro
  • Brooklyn Nets - Long Island
  • Celtics - Portland, Maine
  • Pistons - Detroit
  • Magic - Kissimmee (30 minutes to Orlando)
  • Raptors - Mississauga (40 minutes to Toronto)
  • Knicks - Bridgeport, CT
  • Bulls - Hoffman Estates, IL (technically a suburb of Chicago but its close to an hour to get to the River North area)
  • Bucks - Oshkosh (over an hour to Milwaukee)
  • Spurs - Cedar Park (almost 2 hours to San Antonio)
  • Pelicans - Birmingham, AL
  • T'Wolves - Des Moines, IA
  • Grizzlies - Southaven, MS (15 minutes to Memphis)
  • Thunder - OKC
  • Clippers - Ontario, CA
  • Rockets - Edinburg, TX
  • Jazz - Salt Lake suburb
  • Warriors - Santa Cruz
  • Heat - Sioux Falls, SD
  • Lakers - El Segundo (maybe my favorite thing in the G-League...they're arena holds 750 people)
  • Kings - Stockton, CA
  • Mavericks - Frisco, TX (outside of Dallas)
There aren't many teams left that aren't located either right by their NBA affiliate or in a legit city of their own.

Those four cities you mentioned are already bigger than Syracuse btw (you obviously have a point about the number of people that attend G-League games, but I don't think players care all that much tbh; they're more focused on getting to the NBA anyways).

If he stays in the draft and does not drafted, I hope that he gets a 2-way deal. I just would not bet on that being the definite outcome.

30 NBA teams with the possibility of 60 two way contracts but some are already filled with players from previous drafts like Swider and Pippen, Jr. The available slots are about 25-35. Still a strong possibility but not a guarantee.
It was increased to 90 two-way contracts starting this offseason.

Are there rules of signing a two way before the draft that is binding only if he is drafted by that team or goes undrafted?
Definitely not legal to literally sign a contract before the draft, but it's definitely happened where the 2nd round rolls around and teams/players basically negotiate an agreement at that point where the player's agent may start telling teams not to draft their guy because they have a deal lined up already.

Definitely not legal to literally sign a contract before the draft, but it's definitely happened where the 2nd round rolls around and teams/players basically negotiate an agreement at that point where the player's agent may start telling teams not to draft their guy because they have a deal lined up already.

Yeah wasn't sure if adding a contingency that voids it such as someone else drafting him has rules explicitly stated against it. I mean anyone can offer a verbal but that's worthless

Hey Judah no matter what. Today is your day bro, today is your day bro! (which board movie fan will get the quote?)
If you’re talking, “It’s going to be your night bro”, I believe the answer is the cinematic classic Twins starring Arnold and Danny DeVito.

If you’re talking, “It’s going to be your night bro”, I believe the answer is the cinematic classic Twins starring Arnold and Danny DeVito.

"Here comes your night to remember" was from Porkys.

Porkys.gif

This is a cherry picked statistic without context. A cup of coffee is not worth mentioning as having played in the league. I know someone who played in the G-League, then played in the preseason for the Grizzlies and was then waived.
So he was part of the 46% who didn’t? Not sure the point. The G league isn’t a death sentence that you’re making it out to be, look at the great players who’ve gone through there.

So he was part of the 46% who didn’t? Not sure the point. The G league isn’t a death sentence that you’re making it out to be, look at the great players who’ve gone through there.
It’s as if some of the people commenting don’t follow the NBA at all.

Judah should come back to college. His draft position has not improved and all scouts have been telling him he should return to college. Not saying he will listen to them but he should. But best of luck to him whatever he decides.

I mentioned this already probably back on like Page 12 or something, but that's not really what the G-League is anymore.

G-League locations now (and NBA affiliate):
  • Wizards - DC
  • Cavs - Cleveland
  • Hawks - College Park (AKA Atlanta)
  • 76ers - Wilmington (40 minutes to Philly)
  • Pacers - Indianapolis (still named Fort Wayne Mad Ants but they play in downtown Indianapolis)
  • Nuggets - Grand Rapids, MI
  • Hornets - Greensboro
  • Brooklyn Nets - Long Island
  • Celtics - Portland, Maine
  • Pistons - Detroit
  • Magic - Kissimmee (30 minutes to Orlando)
  • Raptors - Mississauga (40 minutes to Toronto)
  • Knicks - Bridgeport, CT
  • Bulls - Hoffman Estates, IL (technically a suburb of Chicago but its close to an hour to get to the River North area)
  • Bucks - Oshkosh (over an hour to Milwaukee)
  • Spurs - Cedar Park (almost 2 hours to San Antonio)
  • Pelicans - Birmingham, AL
  • T'Wolves - Des Moines, IA
  • Grizzlies - Southaven, MS (15 minutes to Memphis)
  • Thunder - OKC
  • Clippers - Ontario, CA
  • Rockets - Edinburg, TX
  • Jazz - Salt Lake suburb
  • Warriors - Santa Cruz
  • Heat - Sioux Falls, SD
  • Lakers - El Segundo (maybe my favorite thing in the G-League...they're arena holds 750 people)
  • Kings - Stockton, CA
  • Mavericks - Frisco, TX (outside of Dallas)
There aren't many teams left that aren't located either right by their NBA affiliate or in a legit city of their own.

Those four cities you mentioned are already bigger than Syracuse btw (you obviously have a point about the number of people that attend G-League games, but I don't think players care all that much tbh; they're more focused on getting to the NBA anyways).
  • Heat - Sioux Falls, SD ouch!

Who is going to be first to post in this chat the decision? That’s the real winner of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom