Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pride?
To be honest, I think that's a big part of it with some of these guys, although not necessarily Judah.

They go in thinking they are one and done and when it doesn't look like it is the automatic choice to make after one season, it's hard to admit that.

Last edited:
Quinerly does not have time on his side. I don't see him going to a school with a log jam at guard if he's trying for his final pro audition.
Log jam? He was the point guard of a team that was #1 in the country, I’d take him over our current guards and may be a push with Judah. If he came, I don’t see how he wouldn’t get the majority of minutes as point guard if Judah doesn’t come back.

According ChatGPT the average salary of G league player is 35,000 per year. Needless to say, financially it is beneficial to take NIL $ if he is not drafted.
Average salary, he wouldn’t make the average.

According ChatGPT the average salary of G league player is 35,000 per year. Needless to say, financially it is beneficial to take NIL $ if he is not drafted.
If he gets a two-way contract and remains on it for the full-season, he makes around $500,000. And if god forbid he takes advantage of the two-way contract and gets a real contract, he'd be looking at a minimum of $1 million per year I believe.

Maybe he doesn't get a two-way, but there will be 30 more two-way slots to throw around this season than there were in the past so his odds have definitely improved relative to undrafted guys the last few years.

If he gets a two-way contract and remains on it for the full-season, he makes around $500,000. And if god forbid he takes advantage of the two-way contract and gets a real contract, he'd be looking at a minimum of $1 million per year I believe.

Maybe he doesn't get a two-way, but there will be 30 more two-way slots to throw around this season than there were in the past so his odds have definitely improved relative to undrafted guys the last few years.
The “stigma” attached to the G League seems to be strong around here, it’s up there with the “NBA doesn’t play any defense”. Not sure which one is more ridiculous.

A lot of guys who get a 2 way contract sometimes are on a short lease. Can injury or poor play lead to being cut at anytime and are the salaries fully guaranteed? I remember Matt Ryan went on a hot steak for the Lakers leaving me worried about Cole then at some point Ryan was no longer on the team.

The “stigma” attached to the G League seems to be strong around here, it’s up there with the “NBA doesn’t play any defense”. Not sure which one is more ridiculous.

Yep. Emotions vs logic in most cases. There are a few ways college, if the NIL offer is legit and better than G League and you want more exposure right away where the reasons are logical of college over G League. But the list is short.

Well, let's be honest.

Would you rather play in empty gyms Sioux Falls, Fort Wayne, Birmingham or Stockton?

Nothing glamorous about that, or lucrative if you don't get the 2 way contract.

Log jam? He was the point guard of a team that was #1 in the country, I’d take him over our current guards and may be a push with Judah. If he came, I don’t see how he wouldn’t get the majority of minutes as point guard if Judah doesn’t come back.

He would get more like he had at his Jr year of 27-30 mpg. He averaged 13.8 ppg, 4.2 apg that year. Less minutes and reduced numbers this past year but on an incredibly deep team. His 3pt pct came back up this past year again too.

Yes - look up Buddy's net worth/salary this year

Well, let's be honest.

Would you rather play in empty gyms Sioux Falls, Fort Wayne, Birmingham or Stockton?

Are you including if playing in the empty gyms while practicing basketball full time gets me to the NBA faster than playing in full gyms while going to classes?

You guys got to put the full context in here. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but alot of you are full fanboys when it comes to this stuff. Yeah, YOU wanted to play for Syracuse in front of a full dome, so did I, maybe he doesnt really care

Well, let's be honest.

Judah will 100% get a 2way, that said, if the path to my dream has me hooping in an empty gym in Fulton NY then I’m playing in an empty gym in Fulton NY.

A lot of guys who get a 2 way contract sometimes are on a short lease. Can injury or poor play lead to being cut at anytime and are the salaries fully guaranteed? I remember Matt Ryan went on a hot steak for the Lakers leaving me worried about Cole then at some point Ryan was no longer on the team.
Yes, two-way contracts are definitely not a permanent thing.

Judah will 100% get a 2way, that said, if the path to my dream has me hooping in an empty gym in Fulton NY then I’m playing in an empty gym in Fulton NY.
If he stays in the draft and does not drafted, I hope that he gets a 2-way deal. I just would not bet on that being the definite outcome.

30 NBA teams with the possibility of 60 two way contracts but some are already filled with players from previous drafts like Swider and Pippen, Jr. The available slots are about 25-35. Still a strong possibility but not a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom