Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard 1 name that feels like another project. Another that I love but don’t think we’ll get.

And another that I think there was mutual interest at one point that I like…but has been no public movement forward.

Having said all that, I think Red works less publicly and im hopeful on that last one.

Then again I could be all wrong. Cisse was done to Miss. they must have got cold feet on his potential waiver and went Sharp.

Cisse is a complete unknown at this point.
Is the no public movement center someone mentioned in the portal thread?

I’ve heard 1 name that feels like another project. Another that I love but don’t think we’ll get.

And another that I think there was mutual interest at one point that I like…but has been no public movement forward.

Having said all that, I think Red works less publicly and im hopeful on that last one.

Then again I could be all wrong. Cisse was done to Miss. they must have got cold feet on his potential waiver and went Sharp.

Cisse is a complete unknown at this point.
McLeod? OV set up for this weekend. Had a nice game against, especially in the 1st half but pretty much sucked against everyone else.

McLeod? OV set up for this weekend. Had a nice game against, especially in the 1st half but pretty much sucked against everyone else.

Looking at their recent draft picks, FSU has been dog-s at developing centers, cuse could be a much better spot for him

Yep. There we go. There’s the movement forward. I like McLeod as an option.

Maliq Brown needs to gain 20 pounds between now and November because he might be our best option at center

LOL That was the guy I didn't like. Can't play as much as 20 minutes a game.
Didn’t play ….not sure the reason. Seems like a plug n play for Jesse. We’re not going to run the offense through him like we planned for Jesse…and to be honest I wasn’t a fan of jesse as a top option.

I like the size and athleticism. Rim protector for our press.

Judah is still the key.

If we land this kid we have three kids that are all physically imposing 5s plus Brown.
I personally think we will be fine on the defense side and we dont need a scoring center.

Didn’t play ….not sure the reason. Seems like a plug n play for Jesse. We’re not going to run the offense through him like we planned for Jesse…and to be honest I wasn’t a fan of jesse as a top option.

I like the size and athleticism. Rim protector for our press.

Judah is still the key.
Agreed. I never liked running our O through Jesse and he was dominated by physical centers. Red is going to build a much tougher team than we have seen in a long time. We wont get pushed around with Hima and this kid

McLeod can run the floor. His biggest problem is he tends disappear for 10-12 min stretches. His motor is good for 8 mins but then he gets pretty gassed.

Not a fan of the FSU kid much at all if we aren’t playing zone anymore. Back to the days of playing 4 on 5 on offense I guess.
Adding two kids we already recruited and potentially a center who was bad on a terrible team

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I’m a bit worried we are all in on athleticism and lacking in offensive skill. Scoring could be a major issue if Mintz doesn’t come back and we don’t find a suitable replacement.

Turnover is what happens in college sports. Losing 3 guys off a team that wasn't good enough for the NIT and replacing them with highly sought after 4* and 5* guys is good. I don't think we should be in the business of writing off anyone because of one year or what conference they play in.

I'm also not in the business of writing off kids who want to be here vs kids who chased a bag to some hillbilly town
Agree in general with this, Cusian. However, 2 of those 3 that we lost were NOT the reason we didn’t go to the NIT.

Not a fan of the FSU kid much at all if we aren’t playing zone anymore. Back to the days of playing 4 on 5 on offense I guess.

Looks to me like a get what we can out of this year especially the backcourt then don't miss with a big 24 class that's loaded.

Don't love it, isn't God awful but isn't great either. It would tend to add up with the amount of obvious effort and energy going into the HS recruiting.

I think we need to give Red a few cycles to implement his vision. We grabbed Westry and JJ. Hopefully we keep Judah, if not get Bradely. Bringing in Moore who can shoot next year. Add Freeman who brings a athleticism and a mean streak. Our young guys this past year keep getting better and then snag a better big after winning some games again. Rome wasn’t built in a day. There are some paths to Syracuse having a fun team this season and next.

Not a fan either, but he’s probably an upgrade over our current centers? Unless Carey is going to play the 4 at some point we have a lot of bodies that can’t help.

Not a fan either, but he’s probably an upgrade over our current centers? Unless Carey is going to play the 4 at some point we have a lot of bodies that can’t help.

Yeah 7-4 if motivated and used properly can be effective in stretches. My biggest issue here would be teams that use him in screening action. Better served if zone is mixed in or we use pressure.

I thought he would’ve too, strange player, at times he looked like a legit high level pg, next time down the floor you’re wondering if he was a team manager who had to suit up because we ran out of players.
The 2 worst years in Jim's 40+ years and losing 2 starters who were part of the reason, is not a bad thing.
If either of them were very good we wouldn't have bad that bad.
Better to start over with younger players who might have some upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom