Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very solid?

I don’t want me defending my point sounding like I don’t want him. If he played with us last season he wouldn’t have averaged 10 because he wouldn’t have played. He played for a 11 win team. Very solid players don’t shoot below %30 from three, a negative A/T ratio at the guard position.

He can be better, but people are making it sound like he was one of the best freshman in the country last year.

He was hurt most of the season. Did Shrader suddenly suck when he had the broken ribs, or whatever it was 2 seasons ago?

Yep. There we go. There’s the movement forward. I like McLeod as an option.

Doesn't look like a guy who can play 20-25 minutes for us next year. We need somebody who can start.

I wish I was hearing that.

Reading between the lines we are aggressive on the '24 talent chase but not so aggressive with the roster plans during Reds first year with so many having returned plus JJ/Chance. On the high side there is loads of talent they are targeting in those future classes.

ugh, we’ve been saying we’re one class away for years. That’s just a distraction at this point from the fact that the program is just not getting the job done in the here and now.

The effort and talent levels for what we are after in 24 is a big step up though. Assuming we snag Freeman- Moore and Freeman is a hell of a start.

He was hurt most of the season. Did Shrader suddenly suck when he had the broken ribs, or whatever it was 2 seasons ago?
Where are you getting this “hurt most of the season” from? Because he left the game against us? He missed a few games because of knee soreness.

Where are you getting this “hurt most of the season” from? Because he left the game against us? He missed a few games because of knee soreness.

Pretty sure he wore a knee brace for most of the season. That probably had something to do with the poor outside shooting. Let's hope he's our next Eli Hughes.

Pretty sure he wore a knee brace for most of the season. That probably had something to do with the poor outside shooting. Let's hope he's our next Eli Hughes.
I hope he is too.

I wish I was hearing that.
I’m going to give red the benefit of the doubt, but if he’s too blind to go after the talent that’s out there then he has no business being head coach. Your comments have been very discouraging and scream that he and the staff are clueless out there. I doubt it’s true, but that’s what it seems like.

Why would we need a center who can play 25 or more minutes? Thatd be great but we have Hima and even Brown who can plug for spurts too.

Get a guy that can stay out of foul trouble and pull down defensive boards. A bigger body would be great too

Why would we need a center who can play 25 or more minutes? Thatd be great but we have Hima and even Brown who can plug for spurts too.

Get a guy that can stay out of foul trouble and pull down defensive boards. A bigger body would be great too

If Mccleod is the guy... another 10 lbs would be better on him too

I am not hearing great things about Judah coming back. No decision as of yet. But the clues
don't look great.
Judah would be crazy to stay in the draft as a #50 or less pick. He would easily be a first rounder in next year’s draft and then he’d get guaranteed money and buy in from the team that drafts him. He’d also have the chance to make NIL $$$ and be a college star on what could be a good team with a great backcourt. If he stays in the draft, he could be relegated to a G League afterthought. Anyhow, if the staff isn’t getting good vibes on Judah returning, they need to move on Jaden Bradley or Ty-Laur Johnson.

Out? Hmm. Carey? Taylor? Hima?
Hima can’t transfer again unless he sits out a year. At this point, no team would take the chance that he can get a waiver. I don’t think Carey’s going anywhere. And we need Taylor’s shooting ability.

Last edited:
Then I think we pivot to Ty-Laur

They should 100% pivot, so that they aren't caught with their pants down if Judah opts to stay in the draft.

And if Judah comes back -- awesome, great. Figure things out from there.

But I would much rather have Ty-Laur than attempt to cobble together an effective backcourt with Copeland [who I love] and Westry [who I also love] running point, and crossing our fingers that it works.

Last edited:

We don't have a starter right now. That's why we need a guy who can play 25 minutes at center. What are we going to do next season if we sign this Florida State kid? Play him his usual 10 minutes, then Hima for 10 or 15, and then who else? Carey, who hasn't played in 3 seasons, or the incoming freshman, who also looks like a non-scoring project? It would be nice if we didn't have to play 4 on 5 all of next season.

We don't have a starter right now. That's why we need a guy who can play 25 minutes at center. What are we going to do next season if we sign this Florida State kid? Play him his usual 10 minutes, then Hima for 10 or 15, and then who else? Carey, who hasn't played in 3 seasons, or the incoming freshman, who also looks like a non-scoring project? It would be nice if we didn't have to play 4 on 5 all of next season.
Develop him into a player that can play around 20 quality minutes and plug in Hima and Brown as needed.

I’ve got faith in our assistants and Red here. Think id be a fan of this addition.

Judah would be crazy to stay in the draft as a #50 or less pick. He would easily be a first rounder in next year’s draft and then he’d get guaranteed money and buy in from the team that drafts him. He’d also have the chance to make NIL $$$ and be a college star on what could be a good team with a great backcourt. If he stays in the draft, he could be relegated to a G League afterthought. Anyhow, if the staff isn’t getting good vibes on Judah returning, they need to move on Jaden Bradley or Ty-Laur Johnson.
If Judah is truly going to be a #50 pick or later, then no, he would not easily be a first rounder in next year's draft. If NBA teams like him as a first rounder for 2024 (especially as a lottery pick as many here have alluded to), they'll likely be fine taking him late in the first round or early 2nd in 2023. I don't think he'll go that late if he stays in the draft this year though; I suspect he'll go somewhere in the 30s.

The effort and talent levels for what we are after in 24 is a big step up though. Assuming we snag Freeman- Moore and Freeman is a hell of a start.
We snagged Dior, too. Left at the altar too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom