Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Weak schedule. Judah is a really good basketball player. He just isn't there yet as a pro prospect it looks.
And that's not a bad thing, I called Judah a marginal NBA prospect a month or so ago and a poster (his dad?) called it ridiculous. But a marginal NBA prospect is still a really really really good basketball player and most college players would kill to be in the combine. I'm generally for players going when they can go, but I think Judah is someone who can benefit from another year, he's only 19. It's not like he's a 22yo sophomore.

And that's not a bad thing, I called Judah a marginal NBA prospect a month or so ago and a poster (his dad?) called it ridiculous. But a marginal NBA prospect is still a really really really good basketball player and most college players would kill to be in the combine. I'm generally for players going when they can go, but I think Judah is someone who can benefit from another year, he's only 19. It's not like he's a 22yo sophomore.

This scrimmage of guys that are second round to undrafted guys looks to validate that for me. He's had some good moments but he has been just ok.

Assist numbers will look good.. several were just dribbling into no man's land and having a guy wide open that won't be there against better talent.

Bates looks like he's been on the Syracuse strength/conditioning regimen. That said, looks like he will play in the NBA, even after this odyssey.
His posture is offensive to me.

If you watch the game though you can just see it. He needs another year. If that's college or Gleague who knows but hard to see him getting drafted for certain. Would be very close...

I think he stays in the draft. If he doesn’t get drafted he’ll play in the g league possibly on a 2 way.

I think he stays in the draft. If he doesn’t get drafted he’ll play in the g league possibly on a 2 way.
Possibly is wishful thinking. That's not downplaying his ability. A NBA team can only have two two-way players on their roster.

Had another nice scoop in towards the end and another dish to a wide open three. He had at least 3 more assists that were missed or turnovers that should have been.

Looked great to me! Has a needed skill. Gets around his guy. Throw that in with his ability to convert from either side of the glass and ability to give people open looks and you've got a point guard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom