Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really think the decision is aim for a two way and spend the time to develop in the G League or come back. Come back and play with your Boyz Judah. Trying not to get much hope up.
Yeah I don’t think he’s improved his stock this week but probably hasn’t hurt it either. The one thing I’ll say he has proven is that he will be a capable defender of point guards at least. He’s looked good on that end in both games imo. The offense has been basically what we saw all year. He showed some passing flashes yesterday that we didn’t see too much of but today the passing hasn’t stood out.

Yeah I don’t think he’s improved his stock this week but probably hasn’t hurt it either. The one thing I’ll say he has proven is that he will be a capable defender of point guards at least. He’s looked good on that end in both games imo. The offense has been basically what we saw all year. He showed some passing flashes yesterday that we didn’t see too much of but today the passing hasn’t stood out.
I completely agree. Also, I wish there was a way to get Arthur Kaluma on our roster. He'd certainly upgrade the physicality at the forward spot.

downside is he's hangin with some young dudes who are about to make serious money next season. won't be surprised to see him playing G.

Had a not so great 3Q did get roasted by Wong.. but Wong gets everyone.

I'm not suggesting we have insufficient NIL for Judah. I'm saying there is just something about Syracuse that makes players want to leave at the first available chance. Even now, when we can pay them comparable money to stay. Other programs, always manage to keep their players from going pro longer, it seems.
Ffs, tell me you only read about one team without telling me.

Just watched some of this game to see mintz, I don't think I've ever seen a worse display of basketball. Not from judah, just the game overall.

Numerous players trying to make plays outside of their capabilities, trying to do something to impress scouts. Awful.

Just watched some of this game to see mintz, I don't think I've ever seen a worse display of basketball. Not from judah, just the game overall.

Numerous players trying to make plays outside of their capabilities, trying to do something to impress scouts. Awful.

Today was even quite worse than yesterday.

Judah had a bad stretch of forcing things both in driving into traffic and making risky passes which resulted in a number of TOs late. Definitely didn’t have as good of a game as his first one. I have a hard time believing he did anything to raise his stock from late 2nd round.

+\- was much much better.
4 turnovers and 0 assists. 0-2 from 3, one of which I saw was a wide open shot. He’s gifted getting to the rim, but he will have a more difficult time doing that against NBA competition. Not a bad two games from him, but he needs more time to develop. Hope he returns and leads the new fast pace team Red has assembled.

0/2 for 3 isn't great and is that a goose-egg in the assist column? I agree with the comment and I have said it before Judah needs to decide if he wants to play and get paid from the G-League or if he wants to get paid and play for Syracuse. Those will be his two options next year and which ever one he picks I wish him the best of luck well more luck if he comes back to Syracuse of course :)

4 turnovers and 0 assists. 0-2 from 3, one of which I saw was a wide open shot. He’s gifted getting to the rim, but he will have a more difficult time doing that against NBA competition. Not a bad two games from him, but he needs more time to develop. Hope he returns and leads the new fast pace team Red has assembled.
For sure. Just pointing out that +3 is a hair better than -23

I can't believe this is even a choice. Unless, he just doesn't want to take classes.

I can imagine it.

Imagine you're 19. Imagine your dream is to play in the NBA, and you've spent your whole life working your ass off to achieve that goal, to the point where you've become the top 1% in the world at what you do. Imagine you are SO close to reaching your goal that you are likely to hear your name called on draft day. Imagine never playing against anyone in your life who can stay in front of you on the basketball court without help defense. Now imagine being told you shouldn't bet on yourself.

I have no idea how anyone in that position keeps perspective. I actually feel bad for kids who are borderline NBA players. It feels like a cruel fate to me.

Yea its basically g-league or star on top 4 acc team with nil…..
OK, but playing devil's advocate here, if the $400K number for Jesse was true we can use that for Judah.

Buddy makes $500K this year on a 2-way in the G League and he didn't even get drafted. Same with Cole. If Judah sneaks into the second round it might be more favorable for him to go.

I think it will be a very close decision, again playing devil's advocate and keeping my Orange-colored emotions out of the analysis.

I can imagine it.

Imagine you're 19. Imagine your dream is to play in the NBA, and you've spent your whole life working your ass off to achieve that goal, to the point where you've become the top 1% in the world at what you do. Imagine you are SO close to reaching your goal that you are likely to hear your name called on draft day. Imagine never playing against anyone in your life who can stay in front of you on the basketball court without help defense. Now imagine being told you shouldn't bet on yourself.

I have no idea how anyone in that position keeps perspective. I actually feel bad for kids who are borderline NBA players. It feels like a cruel fate to me.

Yep. Also imagine then the grind playing in the G League and it takes 3 years before you hit a roster... and when you do it's 1 min segments or one or two games with real minutes.. be it classes and trying the college route or the slog of climbing up in the G League... I don't envy a kid with such a tough decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom