Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love seeing guys that deviate from the herd mentality you usually get with drafts. That is pretty insane though lol.

That would be fun though... something like that is just as net good for program...

he was paid to write this. Paywall to read.
his substack is 6 months old.
if he watched the games live, yes, Judah had some great highlights - see: my live video from the GT game in ATL - but also he couldn't hit free throws when it counted, disappeared in some games, and - IMHO - he did not make others around him better.
Sorry, #3 big board is not anywhere near reality.

If I'm an NBA GM, all bias aside, there's a 0% chance I'm taking an undersized guard that hasn't proven he can consistently shoot the 3 anywhere in the draft. And I say that as someone who loves Judah as a player, and has some faith that he can develop his shot more.
100% . Im not betting a pick he will develop a shot. If he comes back and proves up he might not go 1st round but he will get drafted and most likely land a 2way.

Hes an NBA talent. Think he’d have a more known ability to shoot already if he was able to open up his game a bit more last year. Our lineup was very limited an our forwards left Judah on an island fairly often.

I

Has anyone watched the rest of the players in college ball? They are all flawed.

Also, shooting will get better at the nba level.

Spurs take Judah at 44, people would be ecstatic.
Spurs would be a good fit. UPDATE - Spurs need 3-point shooting. Mintz ain’t it.
Tony Parker 2.0? Not sure that's Judah.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched the rest of the players in college ball? They are all flawed.

Also, shooting will get better at the nba level.

Spurs take Judah at 44, people would be ecstatic.
Yes and if I'm an NBA GM in today's world, I'm much more likely to take a late 2nd round flyer on a player like Cole Swider than I am a player like Judah, and even Cole didn't get drafted. Which is ultimately what I believe will happen to Judah if he sticks in this year, unfortunately.

There’s a few of us on here that are. And I have not been told once that he’s going the nba route. He is doing what he’s doing now to get real feedback. And he’s done that. Now the feedback is saying to go back to school for a year. I’ll leave it at that for now
Have a slightly OT aquestion for you Bulldog.

if Judah comes back (not saying he isn’t), hasn‘t the environment now change where the minutes at the guard position for Judah (and I realize that we shouldn’t look at the guard position but at all available positional playing time) are diminishing with the quality and quantity of players that can play the same position?

Judah averaged around 36 minutes per game and at most times he was the best player on the court, That said, he really wasn’t a proven point guard but a developing point guard? His ball distribution skills were limited (perhaps by design) to Jesse and JGIII. I feel his playing minutes will decline to about 30/game. While his skills (ball handling, decision making, ball distribution) need some work, you can not question his driving and scoring abiiities.

Guess what I m getting to, who do you believe will be the main point guard among Judah, JJ, Chance and Quadir? With Chance, JJ, Judah, Quadir, JT and Kyle, who do you feel will be the odd men out?

if Judah comes back (not saying he isn’t), hasn‘t the environment now change where the minutes at the guard position for Judah (and I realize that we shouldn’t look at the guard position but at all available positional playing time) are diminishing with the quality and quantity of players that can play the same position?

Judah averaged around 36 minutes per game and at most times he was the best player on the court, That said, he really wasn’t a proven point guard but a developing point guard? His ball distribution skills were limited (perhaps by design) to Jesse and JGIII. I feel his playing minutes will decline to about 30/game. While his skills (ball handling, decision making, ball distribution) need some work, you can not question his driving and scoring abiiities.

Guess what I m getting to, who do you believe will be the main point guard among Judah, JJ, Chance and Quadir? With Chance, JJ, Judah, Quadir, JT and Kyle, who do you feel will be the odd men out?
Chance will also get minutes at the 3. Not Bulldog but Kyle isn't going to get minutes at Judah's expense this year. Neither will Quadir. Judah will play plenty and in our new pressure defense up tempo style, he will need the breaks that he gets.

dash said it well and I agree with him. Also think about Judahs efficiency. If you played him for 30 mins instead of 36, he is not going to make the bonehead plays he made mainly bc he is also playing with better players too. This roster is a major upgrade and it will showcase his talents better. But I think some of his mistakes and sloppy play goes down because he is going to play a few less minutes

If Judah’s back I’ll have to grab my first ever pair of basketball seasons. Always been a Football first fan but we have a very likable staff and players who seem to increasingly value what it means to be Cuse

Our coaches don't know what he is going to do. His family has been tight lipped through the whole process.

Fair enough, and frankly what I heard was from just before the combine. It’s not set in stone and perhaps the combine performance changes things, but I’d still be surprised if he pulls his name out.

i'm buying season tickets again just becuz the old man is down the road.
i may not use them but at least i cast my vote.
(i'll let you all know when my tickets arrive so you all can pop down and say hello. or most likely pop up.) nose bleed baby. stash yer bag under the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom